Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:42 pm Harrison is at his best working on instinct/ muscle memory. He has acknowledged this, working with a sports psychologist at his own expense. Hopefully with age comes experience.

Next season he will be only 25. He has many more years in the PL. Hopefully at Leeds.

Tie him down to a 5 year contract this summer.
A key factor is his inexperience at this level in contrast to many of the players people have mentioned. Prior to this season he has only really been a regular starter for 1 year in the championship. Bound to be inconsistent performances - hardly like Bale, Messi, Ronaldo etc just took the world by storm straightaway.

Then you also have to consider when comparing him against the likes of Salah, Mane, Zaha Sterling etc is how much working back do they do for their team? Salah is a forward masquerading as a winger, Mane too, same with Zaha and Sterling. They aren't going to be starting moves from the edge of their box or chasing back to help their full back.

For me I wouldn't swap him for any other winger in the league in terms of how well he plays and fits into the Bielsa system. The only one that comes close for me is playing on the other wing for us.
Senor El Weasel
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm Sure City fans would tell you Sterling has had a more than a few sub-par performances this season
probably been the worst season of his career! and he's still got a higher combined goals and assists tally than JH and barely started for half the season...

what are the best in the world player rankings right now? by the sounds of it....

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Neymar
4. Jack Harrison

;-) :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:17 pm probably been the worst season of his career! and he's still got a higher combined goals and assists tally than JH and barely started for half the season...

what are the best in the world player rankings right now? by the sounds of it....

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Neymar
4. Jack Harrison

;-) :)
I'd rather have him than Neymar too :)
Senor El Weasel
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

We aren’t going to get anyone better than him for less than £20m, realistically.

I’d get the deal done, and would be quite enthusiastic about it too.
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

weasel wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:45 pm I'd rather have him than Neymar too :)
If Neymar is worth £200mil then surely Harrison is worth at least 1/20 of that!!!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

For me, this is a no-brainer. £10m in football these days is chicken feed for a player who has improved season by season under Bielsa, knows the system inside out and works his nuts off, even when things aren't coming off offensively. Agree he's probably not top 4 material (yet?), but he's perfect for us. And when he plays like he did today, he's a proper menace. I read somewhere that his nickname is 'Pillows' because of his first touch; if true, it's spot on as his touch is, generally, exquisite. Get him bought!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson