Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We’ve seen the best and worst of Jack Harrison this season but on his day, he is really up there with the best wingers in the league. With a £10 million buyout clause this summer is he worth it? I certainly think so, but he has his detractors.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison, Worth £10 million?

Post by HarryofOz »

Definitely worth it.

A talented footballer who has improved each season under Bielsa and should continue to do so.

Works hard for the team, and is a rare footballer nowadays who gets up as quickly as he can when he is fouled or legitimately brought to the ground.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's probably only 2 or 3 better in the division so absolutely, bad game last week MOTM performance this.. That touch for Alio for Bamford's goal was lovely ... Man for man apart from maybe Song and Kane we have a better team than Spuds
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm There's probably only 2 or 3 better in the division so absolutely, bad game last week MOTM performance this.. That touch for Alio for Bamford's goal was lovely ... Man for man apart from maybe Song and Kane we have a better team than Spuds

I think it's a no brainer!

Transfermarkt has is current value at £13.5 million but I think we'd have to pay pushing £20 million to get a player anywhere near Jack's ability.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:15 pm I think it's a no brainer!

Transfermarkt has is current value at £13.5 million but I think we'd have to pay pushing £20 million to get a player anywhere near Jack's ability.
We'd be mad not to, no idea of our budget but even if it were only 30M I'd happily spend a third of it on Jack. He's Leeds
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

A good squad player, but if we are looking to improve then £10 million is small change for a squad player. If the rumour of the clause is true then sign him.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

I know he has played a few less games but he is up there with Raph in terms of goal contributions.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Definately worth the 10 mill...he has a lot of potential, yet to show IMO,...to find someone equal with the potential would cost a lot more... definately a player in our future as I see it.

Looks like you may get your + GD yet YS..... :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He is worth £10mil id say.

He isnt an elite level Premier league winger though.

Middle of the road and very inconsistent which comes with the territory for that level.

We saw it today as you say Adam.

A good option to have but a squad member for me not a guaranteed starter.

Their is a large gap in quality between him and Raph and we need to address that
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

How much would we need to pay to replace him?

Double what we are paying Citeh then there is integrating him into the squad.

Great player when he follows his instincts.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He outplayed Son today, if you were watching both for the first time you maybe pick Harrison
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

His stats do back him up with the best wingers in the PL.
They also have off games or make simple things look difficult, which he does.
Yes, I’d buy him for 10m.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Today, yes. Last week, no. Next week, who knows. Is £10mil in this league for a bit part player around the going rate? Probably. But there’s the rub, Harrison isn’t a bit part player is he? MB has his name preprinted on the team sheet and for that prerequisite I’d like someone more consistent and capable of troubling the keeper when he shoots.
When I was a kid I’d stand in the Scratching Shed just above the goal, no way would I stand there these days, I’d be constantly dodging wayward shots.
Mind, if my memory serves me well I can’t ever remember a Revie player missing the target ;-)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Finnatic wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 pm His stats do back him up with the best wingers in the PL.
They also have off games or make simple things look difficult, which he does.
Yes, I’d buy him for 10m.
Forgot to mention that even when he’s having an off day he still works harder and contributes more than almost every other wide player.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Finnatic wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:24 pm Forgot to mention that even when he’s having an off day he still works harder and contributes more than almost every other wide player.
Problem with the stats argument is we are one of the most attacking teams under Bielsa, have been since he arrived

Do JH's numbers reflect that? Not really, not when you compare his EFL numbers with players like Bowen, Benrahma, Eze etc at the time

And same in the Prem.

He plays in a very attacking team,it would be amazing if he didnt hit some goals.

The question is can we find better who would provide more? Id say yes.

Squad player, no shame in that but statistically Raph is far superior even defensively and that is the level we need to aim for.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble we have when comparing him against other premier league wingers is that we don't see the other wingers every week. We see them on MOTD highlights when they have a good game and then compare Harrison against that rather than comparing him against the same player that may have just had his 1 god game in 10.

If Harrison was as consistently good as he can be then you're looking at a £50m+ player. Has he improved at Leeds? Yes. Will he continue to improve? My feeling is yes. As such for me he could prove to be an absolute bargain at £10m and would still be worth that if his level didn't improve from this season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Also we are being linked with a lot of left wingers.

The Georgian bloke.
Ryan Kent
Noa Lang (who Graham confirmed).

Does that not suggest JH is under threat?
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:34 pm Also we are being linked with a lot of left wingers.

The Georgian bloke.
Ryan Kent
Noa Lang (who Graham confirmed).

Does that not suggest JH is under threat?

Bielsa loves a winger, he also loves playing them accross that attacking midfield three
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

When you consider how much Costa, McBurnnie, Brewster, Benrahma, Watkins cost their respective clubs Jack Harrison is a snip at £10 million.

Jack's problem is his inconsistency, he up & down like a yo-yo however Harrison knows the Bielsa system & would be a ready-made squad player at the very least come the beginning of next season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 pm The trouble we have when comparing him against other premier league wingers is that we don't see the other wingers every week. We see them on MOTD highlights when they have a good game and then compare Harrison against that rather than comparing him against the same player that may have just had his 1 god game in 10.

If Harrison was as consistently good as he can be then you're looking at a £50m+ player. Has he improved at Leeds? Yes. Will he continue to improve? My feeling is yes. As such for me he could prove to be an absolute bargain at £10m and would still be worth that if his level didn't improve from this season.
Wingers are notorious for their inconsistency generally :tup: