Velotrax's Rate the Ref thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Velotrax's Rate the Ref thread

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll stand in for Velo till he returns to reclaim his mantle

Ratings for todays ref folks a Michael Oliver apparently (I had to google it)

Personally I thought he had a good game for the most part. Egregious foul given against Jack for f**k all which lead to Kane hitting the bar could have been a disaster but overall he kept the game flowing

8/10
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat May 08, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Velotrax's Rate the Ref thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Get yourself back on Velo ..THIS INSTANT, I order it mate
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Compared to some of late not to Shabby...I was annoyed when he completely ignored the two handed shove in the back, sent him to the floor over the line of Llorente when he was shielding the ball (1st half) which he totally ignored, also the doubtful foul by jack (agree Faaip), there was also an elbow to the face on Luke ( I think it was Luke) which he also ignored... a couple of minor things here and there ...but best I have seen for quite awhile .......7/10

Oh and it was nice to have VAR on our side for a change ... :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

8/10

Nice one Faaip :tup:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

8/10

Missed a few things, but overall a fine job.

Particularly like the way he allowed continuation after Dallas was fouled in the build-up to Bamford’s goal.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

8/10
Michael Oliver is the best premier referee by far, and I thought that when I watched his first few games in the premier when he first arrived on the scene
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought he was very good today, allowed things to flow and played advantage for our second goal. Didn't favour a top 6 side, unlike other refs, and didn't fall for Spurs players screaming and rolling over at the slightest touch.

9/10
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Think the ratings are schewed because of the result. He could easily have been the mitigating factor in us losing that game. A lot of poor decision for me but, and this speaks volumes about the appalling standard of refereeing at present, still one of the better referees of late. 6/10
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

did well - we got very very luck with the kane offside though...
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

No complaints at all today, very fair throughout imo. Definitely one of the best and least controversial refereeing displays so far this season 8/10. Never thought we’d get so much benefit of the doubt from VAR either - wonders will never cease!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:39 pm Think the ratings are schewed because of the result. He could easily have been the mitigating factor in us losing that game. A lot of poor decision for me but, and this speaks volumes about the appalling standard of refereeing at present, still one of the better referees of late. 6/10
Personally dont think so weasel. The refs on here have been hammered even when we've won. Credit where credit is due. Particularly (as I said during the match thread and someone has just mentioned on this thread) when he had the whistle to his mouth to blow, but allowed play to continue for our second goal. That is class refereeing.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

8/10

Best we've had for a while. Let the game flow, and didn't always react to the squealing from the "injured" players.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:39 pm Think the ratings are schewed because of the result. He could easily have been the mitigating factor in us losing that game. A lot of poor decision for me but, and this speaks volumes about the appalling standard of refereeing at present, still one of the better referees of late. 6/10
The ratings are based on the fact that the two crucial offside decisions went in our favour.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

8/10
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

7/10 thought he had a good game overall, like was said earlier really pleased he allowed play to continue when Dallas got fouled, we know one or two refs who would have stopped play there.

VAR again poor it won’t be long before the striker has to be a couple of foot behind play to have any chance of not been called off side, always thought the benefit had to go to the attacking team Kane was on side if you need to draw multiple lines on a still image to work out he was off side he’s bloody well on!!
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

7/10
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:24 am The ratings are based on the fact that the two crucial offside decisions went in our favour.
It was the linesman who gave offside, not the ref.

The result had no bearing on my vote. I've given refs good scores when we lose and terrible ratings when we win. I just don't like refs who favour other teams, especially top 6 clubs.