Michael Olise

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Michael Olise

Post by Cjay »

With the Championship season over and Reading failing to make the playoffs, this talented young man will definitely be on the move.

Only 19 years old (doesnt turn 20 until December ).

Out of contract in 2022, rumours of a £8mil release clause.

Had a fantastic season.

36 games played (minutes played taken into account) 7 goals 12 assists.

Plays primarily as an attacking midfielder but has played right and left wing as well as more box to box.

His stats speak for themselves and he wouldn't cost much, personally i wouldn't wait for the season to end i would pick up the phone now and do the deal.

v=
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Michael Olise

Post by SG90 »

Good talent, but Reading will want £20-30m, which is too much for a young player with one good season in a very poor Championship.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:30 pm Good talent, but Reading will want £20-30m, which is too much for a young player with one good season in a very poor Championship.
Out of contract in 2022.

No way he goes for that imo, probably £10-15mil.

Offer them Roberts plus £10mil and see what they say.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:55 pm Out of contract in 2022.

No way he goes for that imo, probably £10-15mil.

Offer them Roberts plus £10mil and see what they say.
Hmmm still think £15m is too much. A lot of us are unsure on Harrison at £10m. If it was like £7m, I'd agree. But you can get better players for that money elsewhere.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

15M is pocket money in this league.... until it comes to it's senses, I much prefer proven championship talent to unproven overseas talent who usually take a while to settle
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Huggins - Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

As Faaip says ...pocket money, he is exactly the type of player we need to mix with experienced players...would be a sensible move IMO.
whiteroseboy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by whiteroseboy »

Two seasons experience at Championship level, decent goals/assists record and still only 19.
I would say worth a gamble, likely to increase in value.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:46 pm 15M is pocket money in this league....
I wouldn't say that. We get close to Ridsdale territory if we start throwing money around all the time. We've already wasted £15m on Costa.

I just think if we got Raphinha for £17m, there must be other players of that level at a similar price.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm I wouldn't say that. We get close to Ridsdale territory if we start throwing money around all the time. We've already wasted £15m on Costa.

I just think if we got Raphinha for £17m, there must be other players of that level at a similar price.
We got our moneys worth with Costa ...promotion, and he has a good conversion rate when he played .. Several MOTM's over the lasttwo seasons and we have a valued squad member
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Huggins - Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:24 pm We got our moneys worth with Costa ...promotion, and he has a good conversion rate when he played .. Several MOTM's over the lasttwo seasons and we have a valued squad member
Have defended Costa in the past but i think its pushing it to say he has been good value for his money.

He has cost us £1.1mil per goal or assist, thats not good value.

He did play a part in promotion of course but Radz has openly said we run a sell to buy policy so every transfer we do has that in mind.

Not a hope in hell we make a profit on Costa.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:11 pm Have defended Costa in the past but i think its pushing it to say he has been good value for his money.

He has cost us £1.1mil per goal or assist, thats not good value.

He did play a part in promotion of course but Radz has openly said we run a sell to buy policy so every transfer we do has that in mind.

Not a hope in hell we make a profit on Costa.
I'm happy to defend Costa he's been involved in many more goals than these he gets a crappy official assist for which lets face it is about as meaningless stat as there is bar completed passes. .. The last player to touch a ball before it's put in the net is so just so arbitrary... it can be a magnificent pass/cross... Key contribution would be better but then that's opinion and speculation. Costa was also key in the run in last season.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

We paid £13m for Koch, a full Germany international. Someone will pay £15m for Olise and get a good player, but it’s not peanuts and they’ll be taking a gamble.