Matheus Pereira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Matheus Pereira

Post by SG90 »

£15m doesn't seem true, unless West Brom are skint? Then again, they have Chinese owners and the Chinese government is blocking money leaving China.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Seems ideal to me :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Bumping this thread as a misleading clickbait site title suggested Pereira might have agreed a deal at Palace, and while it turned out to be a Portuguese 16 year old instead, I realised the idea that we hadn't been in for him annoyed me somewhat.

The consensus on here is that he's exactly the type of creative force we lack. Do Leeds not fancy him? I know it's been suggested that he might struggle with the side before self ideology....
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

would be a cracking signing, he is exactly what we need as replacement for hernandez we are crying out for a creative midfielder to come in before season starts
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

I saw something on my Google feed that said the Baggies are willing to loan him out for a season in the hope they get promoted and not lose him. If that's the case then it is a definate no-brainer? Gives us the opportunity to invest in a quality CM.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

New WBA manager saying that Pereira isn't up to the pressing game that he wants to play, and he can go for £25m. Erm ... no thanks.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well if he can't play WBA's press he'd be no good here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:05 pm New WBA manager saying that Pereira isn't up to the pressing game that he wants to play, and he can go for £25m. Erm ... no thanks.
That part of his game has always been a problem for me

Leave well alone :tup:
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:05 pm New WBA manager saying that Pereira isn't up to the pressing game that he wants to play, and he can go for £25m. Erm ... no thanks.
Where did you see that?
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Where did you see that?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whether Pereira can do the pressing we require or not imo it clear that we have a problem centrally creative wise.

Dallas managed to create 26 chances in 3411 minutes.

Roberts was 16 in 1341 minutes.

For comparison 2 players who also played cm in the same roles as those 2 players managed far better numbers.

Klich was 44 chances in 2349 minutes.

Rodrigo was 31 in 1291 minutes.

The difference is stark in chances created per minute, especially considering all 4 played the same role generally

Rodrigo 1 chances every 41 minutes

Klich 1 chance every 53 minutes.

Roberts 1 chance every 83 minutes

Dallas 1 chance every 131 minutes

For comparison an ageing well past his prime Hernandez was 1 every 69 minutes and Gianni Alioski from left back was 1 every 88 minutes.

It may not look much but over a season it would see Rodrigo creating twice as many chances as Roberts in the same role.

Klich creating not to far of three times as many as Dallas.

You cant have half of your cm creating so little imo.

Dallas and Roberts werent creative enough and for me we require greater depth centrally creatively whether that is Pereira or not.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Now factor in age, career minutes played at the position, and maybe a definition of chance...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:04 pm Now factor in age, career minutes played at the position, and maybe a definition of chance...
and opposition faced. For example Dallas might not have created many chances in the away game to Man City.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

MightyWhites wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:34 pm Where did you see that?
It was a tweet from a Portuguese journalist - he's just added that the price has gone up to £30M because of the Buendia transfer.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 pm It was a tweet from a Portuguese journalist - he's just added that the price has gone up to £30M because of the Buendia transfer.
I'd take that with a very large pinch of salt!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

An update has emerged on Leeds target Matheus Pereira, regarding West Brom’s plans for him this summer.

What’s the talk?
According to The Athletic, West Brom head coach Valerien Ismael has axed Matheus Pereira from his first-team training sessions amid speculation over the forward’s future. The ex-Barnsley manager does not want any players who are not 100% committed to the cause and has not seen enough from the Brazilian to suggest he is, which is why he has frozen him out of their pre-season plans.
Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace are all reported to be keen on the midfielder, with the Baggies hoping to receive a fee in excess of £25m for his services.
He’d be an upgrade on Harrison
This update provides a boost to Leeds in their pursuit of the forward as it shows a willingness from the Championship club to part ways with him. Ismael, understandably, wants players who are ready to fight for him next season and, therefore, selling Pereira could be needed if he continues to show a lack of interest in training – opening the door for the Whites to swoop in. The Brazilian wing wizard could be an excellent addition to Marcelo Bielsa’s squad and Victor Orta must pounce on this potential opportunity to bring him to Elland Road. Ex-Leeds forward Noel Whelan lavished praise on the “fantastic” attacker earlier this summer and backed the club to do a deal for him.
He told Football Insider: “We missed out on certain players last season, and this is a player that excites everybody. I would definitely take him all day long.“He’s a fantastic player, he’s great on the ball, he can turn people inside out. Pereira’s another option we can use right across that front three and maybe in a number 10 role as well. “He’s the right age and he’s the sort of player we should be looking at. Imagine, if you put him alongside Raphinha, Rodrigo, Harrison etc, that’s pretty formidable.”
Pereira would come in as an upgrade on Jack Harrison in the wide areas. The West Brom star managed 11 goals and six assists in 30 starts as his side were relegated back down to the Championship. Harrison meanwhile, chipped in with eight goals and eight assists for Leeds in the same competition. Despite the Whites forward having more assists than Pereira, the Baggies man averaged more key passes per game than the ex-Man City winger.
This suggests that the former Sporting ace’s teammates were to blame for his lower assist totals, but he was still able to showcase his goalscoring talents with 11 strikes. Therefore, he could add more goals and assists to Bielsa’s side from out wide, which is why he would be an upgrade on Harrison.
Source Football Fancast- Daniel Emery...
Still unsure about if we need this guy...on the one hand I think he would be a good addition to the mix especially if MB can get him to play in the 10 role.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

He wants to play in the PL, fair play to the lad. I would happily swap Costa and a few quid for him.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

would be great for us, go get him orta
superwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by superwhite »

Good player, I like him. Negatives would be his weight and work rate, the two could be linked, if he lost 20lb he might be more mobile but he should know that himself and have corrected it at this stage of his career. Big Sam hinted at aspects of his game/attitude that needed to be addressed if he was to fulfil his potential.

If Leeds have a better option lined up I'd be well pleased.