Only three games to go - time flies

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Only three games to go - time flies

Post by HarryofOz »

Wow, just noted that we only have three games to go in what has been in what has been an incredible season.

So many happy memories.

It seems like just yesterday that we gave Liverpool the fright of their lives before succumbing to a narrow last-gasp 3-4 defeat.

Maybe the 'its been so quick' feeling is because we have spent 16 years slogging through 46 matches a season, and it's been only 38 this season. Or maybe it's the better quality of football on view each week.

Whatever it is, let the good times continue.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Only three games to go - time flies

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Has felt really quick, a lot of football played since 21st June last year when we ran out for the first time in over three months against Cardiff! I just hope next season is as good for all those who have missed watching live.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Time sure has gone by in a flash, not sure how much of that is lockdown related, though. Felt a bit like being trapped in stasis at times. Methinks once fans get back in the stands it'll go a long way to restoring 'normality', or at least make the adjustment to the new normal as easy to bear as possible. Football is the heart and soul of this country and I think I'll have a bit of a tear in my eye as I watch the faces of those new players as they hear ER in full voice for the very first time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed Harry gone by in a flash, I wonder if lockdown may have something to with that. My partner retired 8 years ago and she says time just flies by now so being at home with nothing to do during lockdown, in my case, may have something to do with it.

Don't think we could have had a better season with most of our players proving they belong in the prem. Would love to have seen more of Rodrigo but he'll be back next season all things being equal.

2/3 new players and we're golden
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Times flies generally Harry as you become older.

I was saying to Jill only last week where did the last 26 years go? our silver anniversary is June 2022, it has flown by :-D

Leeds United have made the lockdown period very special by cheering us all up during the extraordinary circumstances we've endured over the last fourteen months.

I was chatting with one of fans from Filey who phoned to wish me a happy birthday yesterday, she travels with our SC to all the home games, she used to do all the aways too up until four years ago incredible as she is now in her mid 80's, she commented after watching all the rubbish for the last umpteenth years it's ironic that we are deprived of cheering on our team on now we are back in the PL.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am Leeds United have made the lockdown period very special by cheering us all up during the extraordinary circumstances we've endured over the last fourteen months.
LUTV were especially brilliant on youtube in those days without football, broadcasting our greatest triumphs in their entirety was a stroke of genius.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It seems like only yesterday when we were lifting the Championship Trophy, not to mention the look on Klopps face and him saying 'wow' out loud when we'd (only just) lost at Anfield that first day in the Premier league. The season has flown and like others have said, let's hope for more of the same next season but with our wonderful supporters in attendance.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am Times flies generally Harry as you become older.
I have read/heard a theory about that.

As you get older each year (or other period) represents a smaller and smaller proportion of your life, so it seems to go by quicker.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

All the things our parents told us are coming true ...as you get older, you attend more funerals than weddings, we all tell/told our own kids "nothing is new dont even go there" :) ...and you spend half the night getting up to go to the bathroom... :evil: ... but yes what a year, after the last 16...more than I could have ever dreamed of, and loved every minute of it...as Faaip said 2/3 new players for next season...and we are definately golden...onward to the next phase of the rebuild...MOT
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

It has gone quick, and everyone is enjoying the football.
The last 16 years have been confined to the back of my memory.
There Is Only One United.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

advice for the aging

if you get a chance to pee take it

if you get an erection use it.

never trust a fart

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

rab_rant wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm advice for the aging

never trust a fart

Afraid I’m going to have to alter your quote: never trust an erection :shock:
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 am LUTV were especially brilliant on youtube in those days without football, broadcasting our greatest triumphs in their entirety was a stroke of genius.
Brilliant indeed Moth.

Haven't missed a game since fans couldn't attend matches thanks to LUTV, BT, Amazon, BBC & Sky.

And my bank account is richer :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm advice for the aging

never trust a fart

Sound advice Rab :)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:36 pm Brilliant indeed Moth.

Haven't missed a game since fans couldn't attend matches thanks to LUTV, BT, Amazon, BBC & Sky.

And my bank account is richer :)
Havent missed a game in 3 years thanks to DAZN...even in the championship where you didnt get every game, always guarentedd Leeds because of our immense drawing power...once we are back in Europe it will be fantastic...
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

It has, indeed, flown by.

As much fun as I've had watching a Leeds side in many years. Of course I said the same thing last year, too.

Really gutted for the season ticket holders this year, though, especially the ones that kept supporting the club through all the years in the wilderness. I will be thrilled for them, and the players, too, when the gates finally open again.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

When your having fun.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:44 pm Havent missed a game in 3 years thanks to DAZN...even in the championship where you didnt get every game, always guarentedd Leeds because of our immense drawing power...once we are back in Europe it will be fantastic...
Amazing how many of our fans miss Leeds games with all the TV coverage, I suspect work commitments is the reason for some.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Been a great season. Three games to end on a high with ( hopefully)

Then hopefully we can move on who needs moved on, draft in who needs drafted in and fend off those who need fended off.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
LUFC DAVE 7
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by LUFC DAVE 7 »

rab_rant wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm

never trust a fart.

Sounds like a quote from 'The Bucket List' does that Rab, spoken by the brilliant ...........?