Spurs Thread - 2022/23 Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Spurs Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:37 am For me it's between one of these two:

Citeh need a No.9, they've won the PL without a proper centre-forward.

Chelsea because of their locality plus they are looking for a quality No.9.
Can't see anyone but City winning the bidding war, it's all going to come down to who has the deepest pockets I reckon.

Kane will be near guaranteed trophies of some description with City mind.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Spurs Thread - Harry Kane?

Post by billysboots »

He wants champions league footie and he doesn’t fancy Spurs to finish in the top 4 next season.
There Is Only One United.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm slightly concerned. If Harry Kane were to leave Spurs, would they go after Paddy?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:41 am I'm slightly concerned. If Harry Kane were to leave Spurs, would they go after Paddy?
Its possible Swannie isnt it?

Spurs wont be a draw to top level strikers, Paddy would be a leading candidate a level down i suppose.

His agent is The Stellar Group who represent Bale, they will know Paddy is in a very strong negotiating position.

If Spurs dangle £100,000+ in front of Paddy we have to be very careful about trying to compete on wages like that.

If he is tempted and Spurs offered £40mil+ for him would it be time to cash out like Leicester do on players from time to time?

Also cant be forgotten Paddy has had a wonderful season infront of no fans, will that continue when fans are back?

Radz has spoken about the Leicester model.

This may be Bamford's peak value.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:26 am Its possible Swannie isnt it?

Spurs wont be a draw to top level strikers, Paddy would be a leading candidate a level down i suppose.

His agent is The Stellar Group who represent Bale, they will know Paddy is in a very strong negotiating position.

If Spurs dangle £100,000+ in front of Paddy we have to be very careful about trying to compete on wages like that.

If he is tempted and Spurs offered £40mil+ for him would it be time to cash out like Leicester do on players from time to time?

Also cant be forgotten Paddy has had a wonderful season infront of no fans, will that continue when fans are back?

Radz has spoken about the Leicester model.

This may be Bamford's peak value.
Hmmm I wouldn't say no personally. A better finisher would get 30 goals in this team.

Aguero on a free and Cunha as his replacement.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Tottenham manager news: The four leading candidates have been revealed

While more options could emerge, the major names leading the race are believed to be:
Erik Ten Hag.
Roberto Martinez.
Ralf Rangnick.
Graham Potter.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Smudge3920 wrote:Tottenham manager news: The four leading candidates have been revealed

While more options could emerge, the major names leading the race are believed to be:
Erik Ten Hag.
Roberto Martinez.
Ralf Rangnick.
Graham Potter.
Ten Hag just signed an extension of his contract at Ajax a month ago or so. I doubt he will go there.

Martinez has a world cup with Belgium coming up in 2022 with a very good Belgium side with a lot players at the near end of their prime. De Bruyne for instance is still world class but the world cup in 2022 could be his last tournament in his prime. I don’t think Martinez will leave them for an uncertain job in London.

The other two doesn’t sound very ambitieus. Spurs will have a hard time the next couple of years I think. They had their moment with Pochetino, hard to see them do so well again in the near future.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:41 am I'm slightly concerned. If Harry Kane were to leave Spurs, would they go after Paddy?
Well it looks pretty nailed on Kane will go , though somehow I can't see City paying that sort of fee , even though they can , look at it and they don't pay those sort of fee's .They walked away from McGuire as the fee went up. Spurs however probably need to sell as he is probably at peak value now , and rather injury prone nowadays . Spurs and Paddy ? Don't know , they maybe might go for Ings or abroad first . I think it's why Paddy won't be at Euros too , used to a Bielsa system that suits him now , England might have to adapt to get best from him..........and I don't think that's in Southall's skill set as a manager .
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

A couple of years ago it was all about the new stadium, having the best young manager around, reaching CL finals, plotting the Super League, runner up in the league and the best chairman.

Now they're managerless, aimless, fighting to reach the Europa Conference, a stadium costed at 300 million ending up costing 1.2 billion, their star player eyeing the exit door, and a chairman trying to hide his male pattern baldness...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino is seriously considering a return to former club Spurs, however, Spurs are in talks with Belgium head coach Roberto Martinez

Levy should never have given Poch the boot in the first place, big mistake!
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 am Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino is seriously considering a return to former club Spurs, however, Spurs are in talks with Belgium head coach Roberto Martinez

Levy should never have given Poch the boot in the first place, big mistake!
If Martinez gets the job will he want Pascal? We know he wants him to exercise his Belgian heritage for the national side.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Looks like Poch may go back to Spurs.

Suppose his stock is very low given he failed at PSG, didnt win the league which is practically impossible with PSG and failed to win the Champions League.

Have to be mad to join Spurs atm
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:18 pm Looks like Poch may go back to Spurs.

Suppose his stock is very low given he failed at PSG, didnt win the league which is practically impossible with PSG and failed to win the Champions League.

Have to be mad to join Spurs atm
Guessing Lille winning it is a bit like Crystal Palace winning it here .PSG so far ahead of the rest in terms of players and cash , yet Poch once again showing he can't win anything. Didn't he once say at Spurs that winning trophies doesn't matter ? The people above him obviously think otherwise .......maybe not Levy though 😁.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:43 am If Martinez gets the job will he want Pascal? We know he wants him to exercise his Belgian heritage for the national side.
:shock: Don't even go there....Pascal is going to become one of the best defenders in the Premier League. We need to keep him
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:26 pm Guessing Lille winning it is a bit like Crystal Palace winning it here .PSG so far ahead of the rest in terms of players and cash , yet Poch once again showing he can't win anything. Didn't he once say at Spurs that winning trophies doesn't matter ? The people above him obviously think otherwise .......maybe not Levy though 😁.
Yeah i think not winning the title with PSG is like not winning the title with Rangers or Celtic, almost impossible.

Had a read lf the Spurs forum earlier it is interesting to see some of the things they say about Poch.

Plays his favourites.
Overly stubborn.
Predictive substitutions
Refuses to loan out youngsters to allow them to develop.

These are all things MB has been accused of.

He really is BielsaLite :)
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

For interest, in the 1960/61 season, Spurs were the 3rd team to do the League/FA Cup double (first in the 20th century). Away record was something like W16 D1 L4
Set points record at 66 (2 points per win then).

I don't think they will be at quite those lofty heights next season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

There you are Cat

Opening post amended :tup:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:56 am There you are Cat

Opening post amended :tup:
Good work agent 64 :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:31 am Good work agent 64 :)
I do my best to please :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Spurs in negotiations with Fabio Paratici who was a Director at Juve.

They are also talking to Conte.

Be a really good double swoop.
Signed

King Cjay