Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Crystal Palace Thread ***Fwank***

Post by Johnboy1965 »

He is just a classless, arrogant, self entitled p*ick. Makes me sick how the media all fawn over him like he's something special.
Seems everyone is desperate for him to get another undeserved PL managerial post with a view to grooming him to be the next England manager. Stopped supporting England as soon as he appeared on the scene along with that other p*ick Terry.

Fwat Fwank is to tactics and class what John Terry is to race relations and monogamy.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Please explain people...does calling Lampard 'Fwank', make your negative opinion of him more correct?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:08 pm Apparently Palace have a lot of their first team squad who wil be out of contract this summer, so there will be a big rotation of players coming in.

If they dont get that right it could be relegation time.

Edit

I just checked, according to tranfermrkt they have 17 free agents come July 1st 2021.
Yes they are amongst a select bunch of teams who are contenders for relegation next season Ian :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am He is just a classless, arrogant, self entitled p*ick. Makes me sick how the media all fawn over him like he's something special.
Seems everyone is desperate for him to get another undeserved PL managerial post with a view to grooming him to be the next England manager. Stopped supporting England as soon as he appeared on the scene along with that other p*ick Terry.

Fwat Fwank is to tactics and class what John Terry is to race relations and monogamy.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

I think he did ok with derby but the Chelsea job was too soon and too big for him but his arrogance got in the way.
I despise him now after his behaviour over spygate.
There Is Only One United.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 am He was a great player, but I can’t stand the sight of him. Posting the £800 bar bill after the play-off semi final win and the on-pitch celebrations underlined the complete lack on class he exhibited in Spygate.

He does analysis too you know.
It was that very comment that I was referring to.
The arrogance he showed was sickening.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

He's a w**ker, end of discussion!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am He is just a classless, arrogant, self entitled p*ick. Makes me sick how the media all fawn over him like he's something special.

I am with this response . Seconded . Hate Lampard , mainly for the media creation that is Lampard , plus the Chelsea history too . West Ham fans loathe him too , yet his father was totally West Ham , he has apparently been classless in his opinions on Hammers .......the club that made him ( reminiscent of Kewell/Leeds )
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

Just think...

It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that we could have signed him 20 years ago.

Instead we bought Seth Johnson for treble his value, and ten times his deserved wages, on a very long term deal.

Fantastic player but an ordinary manager. Very ordinary actually.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 am Please explain people...does calling Lampard 'Fwank', make your negative opinion of him more correct?
Not really. It should be “Fat Fwank” - that would be more correct! 😉
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Classless and arrogant. Not somebody I would want in my circle of friends.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

There's not much I can add about him that hasn't already been mentioned in previous posts. There's no doubt he's going to be linked with every job that becomes available that's the nature of the talkSport type of media these days . I can't really see why he's worthy of a ' Big Job ' he needs to prove himself first. My personal opinion of the guy is that he's trash with cash and that can be dangerous combination , he's probably going to end up as the type of manager who continually gets jobs and regularly get fired with actually achieving very much apart from increasing his bank balance
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Confirmed today

Roy Hodgson will leave Crystal Palace when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The 73-year-old former England boss said "the time is right to step away from the rigours of top-flight Premier League football".

Come on Fwank, your time to shine :roll:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am Confirmed today

Roy Hodgson will leave Crystal Palace when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The 73-year-old former England boss said "the time is right to step away from the rigours of top-flight Premier League football".

Come on Fwank, your time to shine :roll:
Will they give him the time he needs for his vaunted project? Not sure he can siphon off Chelsea's youth to as great an extent anymore...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:49 am Will they give him the time he needs for his vaunted project? Not sure he can siphon off Chelsea's youth to as great an extent anymore...
That was the big thing with FL. He was able to use his contacts and name to add 3 premier league standard players (they all played regularly in the premier league the following season) to a team that had reached the play-offs the season before. Imagine what Bielsa would have done that season with 3 such players added to the Leeds squad instead of him getting players that apart from Harrison have done nothing of note since - and Harrison was no great shakes that first season.

Derby are hoping to repeat that trick with Rooney -hoping that his name and contacts will enable them to sign a few top class loan players in the hope that better players can make up for a lack of tactics.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Failed at Derby, failed at Chelski. Yet is rewarded with another top job. Can't wait for the inevitable sacking!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I think Wankhard should go for a job his ability as a manager warrants , not a PL side......more like Southend or Stevenage . Mind you the up side of it is he would probably show his true ability and the hard work Hogdson has done in keeping Palace up as he would probably take them down .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crystal Palace attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze could be out injured until the new year after sustaining an Achilles injury in training.

An interest in Eddie Howe for the Palace managerial Job.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:18 pm

An interest in Eddie Howe for the Palace managerial Job.
Now, that would make more sense :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha says he is still eyeing the Selhurst Park exit door ahead of what could be his final game for the club.

Palace rarely win games without Zaha