Mrs. Bielsa...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Mrs. Bielsa...

Post by Mountain »

...so listened to the Square ball podcast while cutting the grass a couple of nights ago, and Mrs. Bielsa was nominated for the hero of the week by a Leeds fan who met her and Marcelo out walking hand in hand after the Spurs result. The Leeds supporter made some comment about the great result and they both smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

I know we all post about teams and results and players and tactics and music and politics. I just thought, on a Friday, isn't the thought of Marcelo and his wife holding hands strolling around and smiling with fans, so nice and warm and homely and so wonderfully...Bielsa...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mrs. Bielsa...

Post by 1964white »

Lovely story Mountain.

True romantic is our Marcelo.

Was he wearing his Leeds gear?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lovely thought to start the weekend off Mountain....
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

This is what we like.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Exactly. The more we make her feel at home the longer Marcelo is likely to stay. Remember fans, don't pester just wave... :)

I'm not the holding hands type, nothing macho it just reminds me of being a kid again crossing the road. :|
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Everything about Bielsa makes me smile.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fabulous little post... :tup:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm Everything about Bielsa makes me smile.
Still the best line about Bielsa is by that pretty shrewd observer, Patrick Bamford, who commented during the first season that he didn't want to make them better players, but better people. And he has, he has moulded a team of wonderful players that play superb football with a swagger and a smile, and off the pitch it's smiles and humility. It's infectious, and it all comes down to one humble man with wonky glasses.

Or maybe one man and his wife...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Mountain wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 pm Still the best line about Bielsa is by that pretty shrewd observer, Patrick Bamford, who commented during the first season that he didn't want to make them better players, but better people. And he has, he has moulded a team of wonderful players that play superb football with a swagger and a smile, and off the pitch it's smiles and humility. It's infectious, and it all comes down to one humble man with wonky glasses.

Or maybe one man and his wife...
It's not just the players, but the fans too. I think that is Bielsa's genius, not just his incredible knowledge of football, but how he has transformed a whole community by his example... without even speaking the language. It's as if we instinctively recognise something good and pure in him that we can't help but respond to. He changes people by enabling them to be more fully themselves, as he is fully true to himself; as Angus Kinnear said, he has made Leeds more Leeds.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Good to see that human goodness runs in the family
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

As long as MrsB wasn't suggesting that it was high time he forgot about all this eleven grown men chasing a ball around a field nonsense and came home. :shock:

Edit of course if Poveda was playing he could say that it was only ten...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa