What is the point of reduced crowds?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: What is the point of reduced crowds?

Post by Ron Swanson »

The number of young people who have been seriously affected by Covid are tiny.

Let people take responsibility for their own actions.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:00 am The number of young people who have been seriously affected by Covid are tiny.

Let people take responsibility for their own actions.
Young people are likely to affect others as they haven't had their jabs.

We are in a vicious circle if a minority of the population are irresponsible as is the case with the Asian community in the North West & parts of London.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:00 am Let people take responsibility for their own actions.
This is ultimately what it has to come down to. At the end of the day, nobody can completely control the actions of others without turning the country into a police state. I've heard some baffling reasons as to why individuals don't wear masks or get the vaccines, some truly foolish excuses, but ultimately this is what you have to deal with.

All you can do is take responsibility for yourself and your loved ones. If you wear a mask and carry on being thorough in your hygiene when out in public you're at least protecting yourself and your family, and that's all you can do as an individual. No point in getting stressed out over others if you do that much.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:05 am The pubs with beer gardens in my home town all had queues outside yesterday afternoon, no masks no social distance, and these are young people who haven’t been vaccinated ( like someone mentioned on here).

The numbers will start to rise again.
Inevitable Billy.

I'll be extremely cross if we go into Lockdown 4 with Jill & I missing out on a third Cornish holiday, we work hard all year round & desperately need a holiday break.
hector

Post by hector »

the last holiday Mrs H and I had... was 10 years ago........
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:40 am the last holiday Mrs H and I had... was 10 years ago........
Were you not in a position to take holidays in the last ten years due to circumstances Hector?
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 am Young people are likely to affect others as they haven't had their jabs.

We are in a vicious circle if a minority of the population are irresponsible as is the case with the Asian community in the North West & parts of London.
If you’ve had your jab then... you should be absolutely fine.

If people want to go out for a few beers with their friends, or meet family, they should be free to without a bunch of adult milk monitors moaning at them all the time.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am This is ultimately what it has to come down to. At the end of the day, nobody can completely control the actions of others without turning the country into a police state. I've heard some baffling reasons as to why individuals don't wear masks or get the vaccines, some truly foolish excuses, but ultimately this is what you have to deal with.

All you can do is take responsibility for yourself and your loved ones. If you wear a mask and carry on being thorough in your hygiene when out in public you're at least protecting yourself and your family, and that's all you can do as an individual. No point in getting stressed out over others if you do that much.
It seems that people like living in a police state, to me at least.

I’ve not decided whether or not to have the jab yet - I’m young, healthy, and would be content to rely on my immune system if I was to catch Covid.

If I was older I might hold a different view.

I personally can’t wait for the day when the masks can be discarded.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:01 am If you’ve had your jab then... you should be absolutely fine.

If people want to go out for a few beers with their friends, or meet family, they should be free to without a bunch of adult milk monitors moaning at them all the time.
I just think this horrible virus is far from over yet

Best to be safe than sorry imo!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:09 am I just think this horrible virus is far from over yet

So let those who want to take the risk do so, and pay for it. If you're taking precautions that will be enough for you and your own. The only people they will be risking at the end of the day are people who aren't vaccinated and/or masking up.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:09 am I just think this horrible virus is far from over yet

If that is your opinion, have your jab and take any precautions that you see fit.

Everyone else should be free to do what they want.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:42 am Were you not in a position to take holidays in the last ten years due to circumstances Hector?
That's the one mate.....

Pension gone.......... :evil: :evil:

and having just done my books for the last year.... no bloody holiday this year either..

pre-tax profit........

£747.40 very very bad year
but at least I will not have to pay tax :) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:38 am That's the one mate.....

Pension gone.......... :evil: :evil:

and having just done my books for the last year.... no bloody holiday this year either..

pre-tax profit........

£747.40 very very bad year
but at least I will not have to pay tax :) :)
Sorry to hear that mate :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

jab or no jab

mask or no mask

passport or no passport

these are the dichotomies that exist and polarize society into two fractions the clean and the unclean.

ultimately this leads to segregation leaving both parties at loggerheads with each other.

arguments then are futile since both parties are fixed in their ideas.
nothing can be said to convince a person who wears a mask not to wear a mask... it's the rule after all, government policy.

nothing can convince the anti-vaccer to take the jab... this makes situations ripe for hostilities

it is a complete waste of time to rail against people who do not wear masks... it is a complete waste of time to point out the dangers of taking Mrna gene therapy vaccine.

everyone is set in their own ideas, blind and deaf to other people's opinions... entrenched in their beliefs... indoctrinated one way or the other by the media.

so let it be according to your faith... may your beliefs benefit and protect you.

fearful or fearless.. everyone has to choose to which camp they belong.
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:19 am jab or no jab

mask or no mask

passport or no passport

these are the dichotomies that exist and polarize society into two fractions the clean and the unclean.

ultimately this leads to segregation leaving both parties at loggerheads with each other.

arguments then are futile since both parties are fixed in their ideas.
nothing can be said to convince a person who wears a mask not to wear a mask... it's the rule after all, government policy.

nothing can convince the anti-vaccer to take the jab... this makes situations ripe for hostilities

it is a complete waste of time to rail against people who do not wear masks... it is a complete waste of time to point out the dangers of taking Mrna gene therapy vaccine.

everyone is set in their own ideas, blind and deaf to other people's opinions... entrenched in their beliefs... indoctrinated one way or the other by the media.

so let it be according to your faith... may your beliefs benefit and protect you.

Exactly this. No point in being drawn into conflict when by definition neither group can really affect the other.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 am So let those who want to take the risk do so, and pay for it. If you're taking precautions that will be enough for you and your own. The only people they will be risking at the end of the day are people who aren't vaccinated and/or masking up.
Indeed Moth :tup:

Just a bit wary of feeling safe in a football stadium if those around you are not abiding to the advice.

Now awaiting an email to fill in a health questionnaire form.

1) Code of Conduct
When purchasing your ticket online, you will need to confirm that you adhere to the Spectator Code of Conduct

2) Health Questionnaire
All ticket holders must complete an online health medical questionnaire which will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the game. Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation email which you must produce at the point of entry on match day. Your match ticket will only be activated once you've completed the questionnaire and received a confirmation email from the Club advising that you have been cleared to attend.

3) Face Masks
Face masks must be worn at all times whilst at the stadium unless you are eating or drinking. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you must email stewarding@leedsunited.com in advance of match day.
The Club strongly recommend supporters to allow extra time for the necessary above checks to be carried out at the stadium before entering the turnstiles. General admission turnstiles will open 2 hours prior to kick off.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Personally, and this is how I feel. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a football stadium at the moment with so much uncertainty about this new strain of covid. Jab or no jab, mask or no mask. That's just me.

Let's also not forget that the NHS is a big factor in the rules that we are requested to fulfil. Is it fair on all those Doctors, Nurses etc who risked their lives on Covid wards, working long shifts, and to patients waiting and waiting for operations that have been cancelled due to Covid. It's alright saying let people do exactly what they want and sod the consequences....but who then has to deal with the inevitable outcome?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm Personally, and this is how I feel. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a football stadium at the moment with so much uncertainty about this new strain of covid. Jab or no jab, mask or no mask. That's just me.

Let's also not forget that the NHS is a big factor in the rules that we are requested to fulfil. Is it fair on all those Doctors, Nurses etc who risked their lives on Covid wards, working long shifts, and to patients waiting and waiting for operations that have been cancelled due to Covid. It's alright saying let people do exactly what they want and sod the consequences....but who then has to deal with the inevitable outcome?
Not fair at all Swannie

We live in a society whom are only bothered about themselves, a look after No.1 mentality :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Not fair at all Swannie

We live in a society whom are only bothered about themselves, a look after No.1 mentality :(
When we find somebody that agrees with our views then we concur with their ideas and so we reinforce the narrative that we want to promulgate.

If enough people hold the same ideas then that gives us a sense of security because a majority opinion must be right. We are safe because we believe in the same things.

If everybody in the stadium wears a mask and stands six foot apart then we will all feel secure.

if there are the discontents not wearing masks this creates a feeling of danger and unease.

Fear underpines the mainstream narrative. Submission confers protection.

There is a way that appears to be right to man, but the end thereof leads to death.
Proverbs 16:25

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 am If that is your opinion, have your jab and take any precautions that you see fit.

Everyone else should be free to do what they want.
Agree Ron, I have had 2 jabs as have millions of others....the scientists seem confident that the vaccine will do its job and prevent serious illness and hospitalisation....the infections announced today were 1600 with 4 deaths.....I feel confident enough to go anywhere and will do, just wish I could get a ticket !