Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:45 pm John Terry has left his role as Aston Villa assistant head coach to pursue his "objective of becoming a manager".

"It has always been my ambition to move into football management and, providing the right opportunity presents itself, I feel ready to take up such a challenge,"

Terry said it was "an extremely difficult decision to move on" and added: "I want to be as respectful to the manager and everyone at Aston Villa as I can. Having given my future serious consideration over the summer, I don't feel it is fair to move into a new season without being certain of seeing that through.

"My immediate plan is to spend some quality time with my family and, thereafter, hopefully take up some invitations to visit clubs and managers around Europe to develop my aim and objective of becoming a manager."

Screenshot 2021-07-26 13.42.26.png
Probably got caught shaggin Dean Smith's wife :lol:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

"My immediate plan is to spend some quality time with my family and, thereafter, hopefully take up some invitations to visit other people's wives..."
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:08 pm Probably got caught shaggin Dean Smith's wife :lol:
You may not be far off from the truth mate.

Strange he has left just before the season begins with no managerial posts available that I can think of :o
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 pm "My immediate plan is to spend some quality time with my family and, thereafter, hopefully take up some invitations to visit other people's wives..."
Him n Ryan Giggs as a tag team
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 pm You may not be far off from the truth mate.

Strange he has left just before the season begins with no managerial posts available that I can think of :o
He heard there was a position available with The Real Housewives Of Chelsea
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 pm You may not be far off from the truth mate.

England? :sick: :verysad: :shock:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Aston Villa Thread/John Terry leaves Villa

Post by White Riot »

"My immediate plan is to spend some quality time with my mates wives, sexy party for sure". ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I'm not a Villa fan, i am not that keen on Grealish, his cheating ways highlight everything that is wrong with modern football.

But this article is disrespectful to Aston Villa, i thought The Athletic were above such things.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fabrizio Romano basically saying its now or never for Grealish to Man City, talks underway.

Sam Lee the Athletic guy for Man City has been getting terrible abuse from Villa fans,totally irrational to the point if you look at his Twitter feed he has even written an article to defend himself, uncalled for from Villa fans.

https://twitter.com/SamLee
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Manchester City have officially put in a bid of £100million for Jack Grealish.

The bid is reportedly £90million plus Morgan Rogers who Man City value at £10million. Jack Grealish's brother has also deleted his social media account which may possibly give an indication of how this will go.

David Ornstein has reported that Villa have had a £25mil bid for James Ward-Prowse rejected by Southampton as "derisory". This is apparently not related to what happens with Grealish
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:06 pm Manchester City have officially put in a bid of £100million for Jack Grealish.

The bid is reportedly £90million plus Morgan Rogers who Man City value at £10million. Jack Grealish's brother has also deleted his social media account which may possibly give an indication of how this will go.

David Ornstein has reported that Villa have had a £25mil bid for James Ward-Prowse rejected by Southampton as "derisory". This is apparently not related to what happens with Grealish
£100 million is a lot of dosh especially for a English player.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:25 pm £100 million is a lot of dosh especially for a English player.
Its a ludicrous sum of money but to Villa he is their only player, they have proven to be relegation fodder without him.

Weirdly, despite all the Villa fan stuff it seems that he is actually a Manure fan, he has posted his support for them going back years and is now in the process of deleting his tweets about them.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:25 pm £100 million is a lot of dosh especially for a English player.
Hard to turn down that amount of dosh.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good signing signing that tbf, although "subject to him completing a medical and finalising personal terms", not a done deal then?

Would be a good siging though.
Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:15 pm
Good signing signing that tbf, although "subject to him completing a medical and finalising personal terms", not a done deal then?

Would be a good siging though.
It's very weird, we announced Buendia in the same fashion.... maybe it's because he is still coming back from international duty
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:18 pm It's very weird, we announced Buendia in the same fashion.... maybe it's because he is still coming back from international duty
Maybe.

Strange one because that isnt the definition of a done deal and would look really foolish if Bailey said no or failed the medical?

Especially if he said no so you would assume that maybe everything is agreed in principle just not signed.

weird, maybe as you say he is away and cant physically sign yet but has given verbal confirmation.

Thoughts on Grealish? Seems most Villa fans are reaching acceptance now?
Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:21 pm Maybe.

Strange one because that isnt the definition of a done deal and would look really foolish if Bailey said no or failed the medical?

Especially if he said no so you would assume that maybe everything is agreed in principle just not signed.

weird, maybe as you say he is away and cant physically sign yet but has given verbal confirmation.

Thoughts on Grealish? Seems most Villa fans are reaching acceptance now?
yeah it is just a tad weird but who knows. I do think that your last point might turn out to be the reason but obviously I don't know.

Yeah Grealish is a fun topic :lol: I thought he wasn't going up until this past week and now I think he's gone. I will wish him the best if he goes but won't be cheering him on at citeh. (I also don't make enough games to VP that I can say I would boo/cheer him on his return) but I am thinking that the vocal part of the fanbase will be very hostile towards him because they wouldn't accept him leaving (and the whole cesspool of social media that won't be going away anytime soon. I also think that we accepted the 100m pound bid because of a "faith" clause we gave him last summer and the owners were shocked that city made a bid at that amount and accepted it (unlike a certain Mr Levy).

last thing that I've really accepted as well is that selling for 100m will drastically help with FFP (don't get me started on that whole idea)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very reliable for Villa news, this is happening.

Poor from Grealish imo, poor timing also and i suspect this has been in the works for months.

For Villa it could be the making of them, will force them to do something other than "pass it to Jack".

Recruit well and who knows.

Interesting to see many Villa fans calling Grealish a cheat now, seen the light :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:51 am
Very reliable for Villa news, this is happening.

Poor from Grealish imo, poor timing also and i suspect this has been in the works for months.

For Villa it could be the making of them, will force them to do something other than "pass it to Jack".

Recruit well and who knows.

Interesting to see many Villa fans calling Grealish a cheat now, seen the light :lol:
Harsh to criticise JG for the timing as he wouldn't have wanted to be discussing any transfer during the euro thingy. Plus it would have been the 2 clubs that have meant it has dragged on this long - would imagine once the fee has been agreed then the medical and contract negotiations would be fairly quick.