Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 am Harsh to criticise JG for the timing as he wouldn't have wanted to be discussing any transfer during the euro thingy. Plus it would have been the 2 clubs that have meant it has dragged on this long - would imagine once the fee has been agreed then the medical and contract negotiations would be fairly quick.
Think he is a bit of a snake tbh.

The whole PR spin last summer when he signed his new deal was hollow.

Common knowledge he wanted to join Manure and would have if they had actually bid and he wanted to join Spurs few years before.

He is also a Manure fan, pretty open about it in the past tbf although Villa fans still maintain he is a Villa fan despite the evidence.

Maybe can't blame him for the timing tbf but he is a fraud imo where Villa are concerned.

That being said the weird cult of Grealish Villa fans had was bizarre and its pretty funny now :twisted:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

IMO nothing bad from Grealish here at all

Got his club a huge transfer fee - he's been pretty respectful about the whole transfer, still training with Villa etc. Apparently Villa were well aware of his desire to play champions league and agreed not to stand in his way if a big fee came in - good business all around imo. Was never going to stay at Villa forever.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

England tapping up duty strikes again. They'll be after KP next. :cry: That's why I don't want our players in the England squad.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:58 pm Think he is a bit of a snake tbh.

Common knowledge he wanted to join Manure and would have if they had actually bid and he wanted to join Spurs few years before.

He is also a Manure fan, pretty open about it in the past tbf although Villa fans still maintain he is a Villa fan despite the evidence.

Maybe can't blame him for the timing tbf but he is a fraud imo where Villa are concerned.

That being said the weird cult of Grealish Villa fans had was bizarre and its pretty funny now :twisted:
I think most players would be the same and have no real allegiance once they start playing. Plus as a developing footballer would you rather work under Pep or stay at Villa where you aren't likely going to improve as much under Dean Smith. Pep could turn him into the heartbeat of the City and England team.

Hopefully different with KP. He has already turned down a big move to stay at his club and we have seen how much he has improved under Bielsa and he will know he can continue to improve here.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

yeah I can't see our fanbase reacting very well when he comes back to VP.

I still am not sure where it's claimed he is a manure fan but who knows.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 am Harsh to criticise JG for the timing as he wouldn't have wanted to be discussing any transfer during the euro thingy. Plus it would have been the 2 clubs that have meant it has dragged on this long - would imagine once the fee has been agreed then the medical and contract negotiations would be fairly quick.
Yeah, I'm not going to be blaming him for this (I know that this position is definitely in the very small minority of villa fans) but it definitely goes against what he said when he signed a new contract last summer.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:03 pm I think most players would be the same and have no real allegiance once they start playing. Plus as a developing footballer would you rather work under Pep or stay at Villa where you aren't likely going to improve as much under Dean Smith. Pep could turn him into the heartbeat of the City and England team.

Hopefully different with KP. He has already turned down a big move to stay at his club and we have seen how much he has improved under Bielsa and he will know he can continue to improve here.
This is exactly what I've come to the realization. Fans want their own players to be different, but it is just a job for the players. Would you turn down a significant pay rise just to stay at your home town club? If you can make it at a club who is currently playing at a higher level.

*I'm not trying to patronizing y'all here because I would love to see KP stay with you guys for the foreseeable future as with Rice and West Ham, but at some point these players who are at the international level will want to play in Europe (especially the Champions League) and realistically there aren't going to be many teams who can break through that ceiling.

And the last thing that imo is super important but any club can't really turn down an offer of 100m+ in this era of FFP because of the huge amount of leeway and flexibility it will allow the club in the next couple years.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

This is Jack Grealish who used to play for Ireland but decided to join England after his agent noted that Gareth Bale lost millions by playing for Wales instead of England? The Jack Grealish who said he expected to play for Ireland as he was turning down call ups to the Irish squad?

Oh I don't think there is any doubt but that he's a bit of a snake!

I guess the only good thing is that, unlike Declan Rice, he didn't give the "oh ah, up the 'Ra" republican stuff.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Mountain wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:24 pm This is Jack Grealish who used to play for Ireland but decided to join England after his agent noted that Gareth Bale lost millions by playing for Wales instead of England? The Jack Grealish who said he expected to play for Ireland as he was turning down call ups to the Irish squad?

Oh I don't think there is any doubt but that he's a bit of a snake!

I guess the only good thing is that, unlike Declan Rice, he didn't give the "oh ah, up the 'Ra" republican stuff.
Ireland u21s...

He's English, born and raised, and was going to be good enough to make the cut so why wouldn't you choose England? If he was as Irish as Bale is Welsh then maybe I'd say you had a point...

Since when have players become snakes simply because they've accepted a good transfer opportunity when it has come around. Can't imagine the hate he's going to face when kalvin inevitably moves on!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aston Villa have signed England striker Danny Ings from Southampton on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Not sure what it is about villa but I despise them, no class in the club from top to bottom. Making some decent signings though, £80 million spent so far this summer - if they had a decent manager they would be up there with Leicester challenging the self proclaimed big six.

My confidence in us doing well again this season is starting to waiver a bit, you can’t stand still in this league, not strengthening the squad at every opportunity is risky business.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Nice post by a Villian fan...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Have announced the signing of Axel Tuanzebe on loan from Manure.

Building a squad with depth, fair play.

Must be nice :roll: :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:09 pm Aston Villa have signed England striker Danny Ings from Southampton on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
According to the Athletic, other clubs had bid 15 million, he wanted to go, so Southampton were resigned to getting around that.

And Villa swooped in and paid double the expected amount.

Good player, although there are some injury concerns. But Villa have paid some huge sums to assemble a squad that still looks a little...mid table.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:21 pm According to the Athletic, other clubs had bid 15 million, he wanted to go, so Southampton were resigned to getting around that.

And Villa swooped in and paid double the expected amount.

Good player, although there are some injury concerns. But Villa have paid some huge sums to assemble a squad that still looks a little...mid table.
Have a habit of doing that tbf, overpaying, have for years.

They paid £28mil rising to £33mil for Ollie Watkins, Southampton just paid £15mil for Adam Armstrong, scoring wise, goal contribution wise, age wise, practically identical at Championship level, yet Villa paid twice as much.
Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:30 pm Have a habit of doing that tbf, overpaying, have for years.

They paid £28mil rising to £33mil for Ollie Watkins, Southampton just paid £15mil for Adam Armstrong, scoring wise, goal contribution wise, age wise, practically identical at Championship level, yet Villa paid twice as much.
CJay i think your fans over at VillaTalk miss you ;-) :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

First premier league goal for Ivan Toney with a nice strike, the lad has come along way from his days at Peterbro'

The Bees remain unbeaten in the PL this season.

Four points for Villa against two promoted team & fatboy's barcodes without Jack.

Villa has spent much of the £100m they received for Grealish

Wonderful goal from Villa's £35m signing Buendia :soccer:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:19 pm CJay i think your fans over at VillaTalk miss you ;-) :lol:
Understandable, every board would miss an elite level poster 8-) :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Villa fans thoughts on Leeds & Burnley

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22214-w ... /#comments