Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Aston Villa Thread

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-05-16 19.20.00.png
Screenshot 2021-05-16 19.20.00.png (45.14 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

Nickname(s). The Villa, The Lions, The Claret & Blue Army
Founded. 1874 :146 years ago
Ground. Villa Park
Capacity. 42,749
Owner(s). Nassef Sawiris, Wes Edens
Chairman. Nassef Sawiris
Head Coach. Unai Emery
League. Premier League
2021–22 Position. 7th
Forums. - https://www.villatalk.com/ - http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php

Summer signings
Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona) £17m
Boubacar Kamara (Marseille) Free
Diego Carlos (Sevilla) £26m.
Robert Olson (Roma) Undisclosed
Leander Dendoncker (Wolves) £13m
Jan Bednarek (Southampton) Loan

January signings
Alex Moreno (Real Betis) £13.2m
Jhon Duran (Chicago Fire) £18m

2022 friendlies
09 July W 0-4 Walsall
17 July W 0-1 Leeds (Suncorp Stadium, Queensland)
20 July W 0-1 Brisbane Roar (Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Queensland)
23 July D 2-2 Man Utd (Optus Stadium, Perth)
30 July W 1-2 Stade Rennais (Roazhon Park, France)

Premier League
Bournemouth ---- 2-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa --------- 2-1 Everton ------------ Ings, Buendia
Crystal Palace ---- 3-1 Aston Villa -------- Watkins
Aston Villa --------- 0-1 West Ham Utd
Arsenal ------------- 2-1 Aston Villa --------- Luiz
Aston Villa --------- 1-1 Manchester C ---- Bailey
Aston Villa --------- 1-0 Southampton ---- Ramsey
Leeds United ----- 0-0 Aston Villa
Notts Forest ------ 1-1 Aston Villa --------- Young
Aston Villa --------- 0-2 Chelsea
Aston Villa --------- 4-0 Brentford ---------- Bailey, Ings x 2 (1 pen), Watkins
Newcastle Utd --- 4-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa --------- 3-1 Manchester Utd - Bailey, Digne, J Ramsey
Brighton Hove --- 1-2 Aston Villa --------- Ings (pen) x 2
Aston Villa --------- 1-3 Liverpool ----------- Watkins
Tottenham Hot -- 0-2 Aston Villa ---------- Buendía, Douglas Luiz
Aston Villa --------- 1-1 Wolves --------------- Ings
Aston Villa --------- 2-1 Leeds United ------ Bailey, Buendia
Southampton ---- 0-1 Aston Villa ---------- Watkins
Aston Villa --------- 2-4 Leicester City ------ Watkins, Souttar (OG)
Manchester City-- 3-1 Aston Villa -------- Watkins
Aston Villa ----------2-4 Arsenal -------------- Watkins, Countinho
Everton --------------0-2 Aston Villa ----------Watkins (pen), Buendía
Aston Villa ----------1-0 Crystal Palace ---- (Anderson OG)
West Ham Utd --- 1-1 Aston Villa ---------- Watkins
Aston Villa --------- 3-0 Bournemouth ----- Douglas Luiz, J Ramsey, Buendía
Chelsea ------------- 0-2 Aston Villa ---------- Watkins, McGinn
Leicester City ----- 1-2 Aston Villa ---------- Watkins, Traoré
Aston Villa -------- 2-0 Nottingham For --- Traoré, Watkins
Aston Villa --------- 3-0 Newcastle Utd ----- J Ramsey, Watkins x 2
Brentford ---------- 1-1 Aston Villa ----------- Luiz
Aston Villa --------- 1-0 Fulham --------------- Mings
Manchester U ---- 1-0 Aston Villa
Wolverhampton - 1-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa --------- 2-1 Tottenham ---------- J Ramsey, Douglas Luiz
Liverpool ----------- 1-1 Aston Villa ---------- J Ramsey
Aston Villa --------- 2-1 Brighton Hove & --Douglas Luiz, Watkins
EFL Cup
Bolton W -------- 1-4 Aston Villa ------------ Douglas Luiz, Ings (pen), Digne, Bailey
Manchester U - 4-2 Aston Villa ------------ Watkins, Dalot

FA Cup
Aston Villa ------ 1-2 Stevenage ------------ Sanson
1964white

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by 1964white »

One of my wishes for this season could come true with one more Leeds victory as we would finish above Villa.

Happy times :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:33 pm One of my wishes for this season could come true with one more Leeds victory as we would finish above Villa.

You would be in your element :roflmao:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I never really bothered about the Villains, never really classed them rivals, in fact I’ll admit it here in some years I liked the way they played and wanted them to win but then Dean Smith took over, quickly followed by John Terry and the club turned into one of the nastiest, whining bunch of diving twats, they are massively encouraged to cheat by the management, complain about everything and even their supporters are becoming a bunch of entitled, whinging gets.

Watched them get beat by Palace yesterday, messaged my mates: Grealish coming on to save Vila’s season they’ve fallen down the diving league so hoping with him back they’ll win the league within 30 seconds he’d gone down as a player ran passed him and he won a free kick - cheating twat
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:16 am I never really bothered about the Villains, never really classed them rivals, in fact I’ll admit it here in some years I liked the way they played and wanted them to win but then Dean Smith took over, quickly followed by John Terry and the club turned into one of the nastiest, whining bunch of diving twats, they are massively encouraged to cheat by the management, complain about everything and even their supporters are becoming a bunch of entitled, whinging gets.

Watched them get beat by Palace yesterday, messaged my mates: Grealish coming on to save Vila’s season they’ve fallen down the diving league so hoping with him back they’ll win the league within 30 seconds he’d gone down as a player ran passed him and he won a free kick - cheating twat
Great post Rat & sums them up perfectly :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aston Villa & Arsenal have renewed their interest in Norwich's 24-year-old Argentine playmaker Emiliano Buendia, who is valued from £35m to £40m

How much was his fee when we were linked with Buendia?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I see John Terry has claimed that he did reach out to Anton Ferdinand many times over the racism case.

Anton then reiterated this was not the case and he has never personally been contacted by Terry.

Telling i thought that during this interview Terry uttered the words "yes i have sympathy, Anton has suffered tough times but i have suffered some tough times to".

Heart bleeds for JT.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

1964white wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm This lot may struggle next season if they don't improve their squad in the summer.

Only won two of their last twelve games
Jack was out for all 12 of those games, so I don't think we would struggle if he was playing.
Plus we're probably going to spend upward of 100mil again this summer
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

1964white wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:33 pm One of my wishes for this season could come true with one more Leeds victory as we would finish above Villa.

Hah it's pretty interesting that we're locked into 11th and all of the teams around us can finish between several positions. I hope that you lot can finish above Arsenal but that seems unlikely.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:16 am I never really bothered about the Villains, never really classed them rivals, in fact I’ll admit it here in some years I liked the way they played and wanted them to win but then Dean Smith took over, quickly followed by John Terry and the club turned into one of the nastiest, whining bunch of diving twats, they are massively encouraged to cheat by the management, complain about everything and even their supporters are becoming a bunch of entitled, whinging gets.

I still don't know why there's this sort of twitter rivalry between our clubs. It's pretty strange tbf.

I really had hoped our few years in the championship would have rooted some of the arrogance out of a section of our fanbase but it hasn't done so. I've seen fans continuously saying that we need to sack D Smith because "he's not going to lead us to where we want to be (top4)" and have actually seen a few saying he needs to go because we didn't get top 4 this year. Absolutely mental.

Don't really want to go there with all the diving stuff -- I've said this a few times here, but every fan of a club thinks players of other clubs are divers and cheats because they go down to easy. And players have to go down like that because refs don't blow up if they don't -- exactly like Bamford the other day.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The lowest we can finish is 10th because no one below us can catch us, and it's been so for a little while. Villa have not been able to overtake us for at least a couple of weeks, even if we had lost our last couple of games.

We can finish eighth, ninth or tenth depending on Everton and Arsenal and, of course, us.

Everton lose, Arsenal and us win - we are ninth
Everton and Arsenal lose and we win, we are eighth

I haven't calculated what happens in the event of draws.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The worst thing is, we have moved from a village really to a city, but have not brought DirecTV with us, so I won't be able to watch tomorrows, or todays now (BST), EPL games.

I'll have to see what clips I can get from certain providers.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 am I still don't know why there's this sort of twitter rivalry between our clubs. It's pretty strange tbf.

I really had hoped our few years in the championship would have rooted some of the arrogance out of a section of our fanbase but it hasn't done so. I've seen fans continuously saying that we need to sack D Smith because "he's not going to lead us to where we want to be (top4)" and have actually seen a few saying he needs to go because we didn't get top 4 this year. Absolutely mental.

Don't really want to go there with all the diving stuff -- I've said this a few times here, but every fan of a club thinks players of other clubs are divers and cheats because they go down to easy. And players have to go down like that because refs don't blow up if they don't -- exactly like Bamford the other day.
Hi VV
Welcome to the forum
I was listening to TSB (Leeds Podcast) this week and they said pretty much the same thing that the rivalry between our clubs has only really come into been the last few years due to social media which is what I was saying really, plus as I said for many years we admired how you played and went about your business.

I know quite a few Villains through work and got to be honest there’s only one who I enjoy talking about football with the others we’ll less said about them the better ;-)

We know what you mean about diving, there’s been a few discussions on here over the years, it’s something all true fans want taken out of the game but as shown last weekend honest players stay on their feet but get nothing out of the officials and VAR (unless it’s the Scum) so just encourages players to cheat.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jack Grealish has apparently been liking tweets about joining Manure.

Has the Villa captain finally got bored of carrying his boyhood club?

They were relegation fodder form wise without him.
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 pm Jack Grealish has apparently been liking tweets about joining Manure.

Has the Villa captain finally got bored of carrying his boyhood club?

They were relegation fodder form wise without him.
Anyone who pays or is prepared to pay 100 mill for Grealish or equivalant cash/players... deserves to win nothing just like this year.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 pm Anyone who pays or is prepared to pay 100 mill for Grealish or equivalant cash/players... deserves to win nothing just like this year.
Fully agree but Manure love to overpay and if anyone would overpay out of desperation its them.

In fairness to Grealish diving aside i always thought in seasons gone by he didnt impact games directly enough, didn't score enough or get enough assists.

He really stepped up last season, fair play to him.

But the lad is injury prone.

Missed 12 league games last season, 15 in their promotion season (same injury a shin problem) and another 15 or so the season before that.

Over the last 4 seasons or so he averages about 10-12 league games a season missed.

Is any club really going to want to risk that? Especially given this shin problem he suffered with last season isn't the first time.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Going down at every touch has probably helped him get injured a lot.. A season or two with Marcelo and he could be the best player in the league. Fitter, faster and once he understands he can do more damage staying upright than falling over he could become world class.

Lovely player to watch in full flow.. there's a bit of Liam Brady about him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:54 am Going down at every touch has probably helped him get injured a lot.. A season or two with Marcelo and he could be the best player in the league. Fitter, faster and once he understands he can do more damage staying upright than falling over he could become world class.

Lovely player to watch in full flow.. there's a bit of Liam Brady about him
100% agree Faaip a lovely player to watch when he stays upright but his constant diving drives me to despair, it’s become part of his DNA so would be very difficult to get him to stop doing it, Solskjaer definitely isn’t the manager to do that.

Would he become better by moving to the Scum possibly but only because he’s playing with more overrated expensive players, potentially another Pogba as his head would inflate more than it already is.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

We're linked with a move for both Buendia and now Emile Smith-Rowe. Don't think ESR happens but was very funny to see the arsenal fans reactions on social media.