Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by 1964white »

visitingvillan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm We're linked with a move for both Buendia and now Emile Smith-Rowe. Don't think ESR happens but was very funny to see the arsenal fans reactions on social media.
Which positions do you feel Villa need to prioritise on to progress next season Villan?
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:09 pm Which positions do you feel Villa need to prioritise on to progress next season Villan?
Raphinha for 30 million :) :lol:

But realistically, it's interesting because I don't know where Dean wants Jack to play, either LW or CAM. Because I'd say I would want us to focus mostly on whichever position he isn't planning on playing Jack at. Which is why the Buendia & Smith-Rowe links really excite me. Maybe a CDM and young CB.

Also need a backup LB since we only have Targett on the books now, he did play in all but the last 15 minutes of one game -- where he came off due to him being recovering from COVID.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Do you think Grealish will still be with you next season Villan?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

There are very few people I would love to smack in the mouth but Grealish is one of them.

He got someone sent off recently and although the red was overturned on appeal it seems there was no sanction against the diving little s**t.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:47 pm

He got someone sent off recently and although the red was overturned on appeal it seems there was on sanction against the diving little s**t.
I thought the same thing Ian.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:43 pm Do you think Grealish will still be with you next season Villan?
yeah, I do. Similar with Phillips, he's with his boyhood club -- I find it hilarious that Arsenal and united fans keep on thinking that he supports them when he's only really said he enjoys playing at their grounds. I also expect that we would be looking for a fee in excess of 100million and realistically only a few teams can afford him at that price and they have other options. Also don't think he'd go City unless guaranteed to be a starter which won't happen.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Looks like Buendia is getting finished real quick
https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/sta ... 68961?s=20
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Villa closing in on Emi Buendia.

Initial fee of around £30mil, will rise to £40mill with add ons according to John Percy.

No disrespect to Villa but when i was growing up the idea of Arsenal losing out to Villa in a transfer battle was ridiculous.

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen.

Good player Buendia, credit to Villa for getting the deal done early.

Lot of money though for a player whose in his mid 20s and whose best seasons have been in 2nd divisions.

Will need to hit the ground running.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:05 pm Looks like Buendia is getting finished real quick
https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/sta ... 68961?s=20
Acted fast, looked like Arsenal would win it this morning.

What do you think of the deal?
Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:08 pm Villa closing in on Emi Buendia.

Initial fee of around £30mil, will rise to £40mill with add ons according to John Percy.

No disrespect to Villa but when i was growing up the idea of Arsenal losing out to Villa in a transfer battle was ridiculous.

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen.

Good player Buendia, credit to Villa for getting the deal done early.

Lot of money though for a player whose in his mid 20s and whose best seasons have been in 2nd divisions.

Will need to hit the ground running.
completely agree with everything like you say. Now tbf I think you guys with Bielsa and an actual plan are a more attractive proposition than Arsenal.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:09 pm Acted fast, looked like Arsenal would win it this morning.

lol second quote. I absolutely love it. Will probably slot in as our #10 and interchange with Grealish. Might've overpaid but we wanted the deal done and didn't fall asleep on the ball like Arsenal probably did. And to be honest, Arsenal's offer might've been in installments which hurt them even more
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:10 pm completely agree with everything like you say. Now tbf I think you guys with Bielsa and an actual plan are a more attractive proposition than Arsenal.
Probably are mate.

Both of us seem to be on the rise whilst Arsenal stall.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

visitingvillan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 pm lol second quote. I absolutely love it. Will probably slot in as our #10 and interchange with Grealish. Might've overpaid but we wanted the deal done and didn't fall asleep on the ball like Arsenal probably did. And to be honest, Arsenal's offer might've been in installments which hurt them even more
Tbf i think many of us were excited about buying British based cream of the Championship players last season.

We were linked with Buendia, Benrahma etc.

But we went abroad and ended up getting such brilliant value.

Llorente and Raph combined for example cost the same as what Buendia will cost you.

Its a very inflated market and has been for years.

That being said Buendia is quality and could be worth £60,70mil if he realises his potential, quite similar to Raph imo (not as good of course :) ) but he has that tenacity that is quite rare in flair players.

Not a fan of Villa generally (as you guys arent of us) but Buendia is a good player who will undoubtedly improve you and it still annoys me that we had the opportunity to sign Buendia befoew Norwich and didnt.

Fair play for not pissing about like Arsenal did.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... la-thread/

Norwich fans really dont like Villa?

Any particular reason?

They wanted Buendia to go to Arsenal
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 pm https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... la-thread/

Any particular reason?

Delia already cashing in as soon as the summer window opens.

Must be horrible for the Norwich fans following a club with no ambition!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 pm https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... la-thread/

Any particular reason?

They're an isolated club with no rivalries, so need to try and invent some, same reason they hate us so much. A lot of it is jealousy that they've never established themselves as a proper PL club and are a nothing yo-yo club.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:21 pm Delia already cashing in as soon as the summer window opens.

Must be horrible for the Norwich fans following a club with no ambition!
Does she not realise they get more money for a second season in the PL than they would for 3 years of parachute payments? :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:27 pm Tbf i think many of us were excited about buying British based cream of the Championship players last season.
Not me :-D I always said the Championship is grossly overpriced and there's much better out there.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:09 pm Acted fast, looked like Arsenal would win it this morning.

Mental, why would you pay £30-40 mil for Buendia?

It's on a par with Blunts paying £40 mil for McBoozie and Brewster. Well done JT :clap:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:07 pm Mental, why would you pay £30-40 mil for Buendia?

It's on a par with Blunts paying £40 mil for McBoozie and Brewster. Well done JT :clap:
Wilder knew the score :lol: