Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:21 pm Probably are mate.

Both of us seem to be on the rise whilst Arsenal stall.
Yeah and Arsenal fans meltdown on every social media account. Worth it just for that ha
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 pm https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... la-thread/

Norwich fans really dont like Villa?

Any particular reason?

They wanted Buendia to go to Arsenal
We took Lambert off the back in like 2012 and there was a saga over Wes Hoolahan handing in a transfer request to join us then not celebrating a goal at VP when they played us (and he was still playing for them). Those sagas plus us completely jumping ahead of them since we both got promoted 2 years ago and their owner/board’s lack of ambition.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:39 pm Not me :-D I always said the Championship is grossly overpriced and there's much better out there.
exactly this. I am a bit surprised we weren’t looking at France but Buendia was our #1 main target apparently.

Love how the big 6 clubs still don’t know this trick of buying good players at a reasonable-ish price
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

visitingvillan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:16 pm exactly this. I am a bit surprised we weren’t looking at France but Buendia was our #1 main target apparently.

Love how the big 6 clubs still don’t know this trick of buying good players at a reasonable-ish price
Really wish you would stop calling them the big six. You are disrespecting your own club and us everytime you say that. They are richer than us, 'tiss all. But NO BIGGER
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:46 pm Really wish you would stop calling them the big six. You are disrespecting your own club and us everytime you say that. They are richer than us, 'tiss all. But NO BIGGER
yeah you’re right. The media’s just pushed this narrative so much but they are the scum six.

oh and I think both our clubs might be richer than Arsenal :lol: :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:08 am yeah you’re right. The media’s just pushed this narrative so much but they are the scum six.

oh and I think both our clubs might be richer than Arsenal :lol: :lol:
You obviously enjoy MOT mate :)

Are you a member of any of the Villa forums Villan?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Villa certainly not hanging about.

They are now after Southampton Captain James Ward-Prowse.

Have to say aside from his set pieces he is a player i dont rate at all, just one of those players i dont see what the fuss is about.

And how much will Southampton want for their Captain?

Southampton get good money for players, its what they do and he signed a 5 year deal last year.

Based on that and the inflated prices in England be surprised if this is below a £40mil transfer which is madness.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Unless they're selling Grealish, then this is all completely unsustainable. It's all well and good having wealthy owners, but will they want to be losing £100m every season without UCL football? Looks like Wolves owners have got fed up already.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:41 pm Unless they're selling Grealish, then this is all completely unsustainable. It's all well and good having wealthy owners, but will they want to be losing £100m every season without UCL football? Looks like Wolves owners have got fed up already.
This table shows the madness of it all.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1

Based on reported fees and stuff that's probably pretty accurate.

Look at Wolves, Brighton, Villa, Everton and yet not a trophy between them, not even an FA Cup or top 6 finish.

As you say this cant go on, Brighton may be alright because their owner is a fan but how long will the owners of the other lot accept no investment return financially or at least some prestige from a trophy.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:53 pm This table shows the madness of it all.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1

Based on reported fees and stuff that's probably pretty accurate.

Look at Wolves, Brighton, Villa, Everton and yet not a trophy between them, not even an FA Cup or top 6 finish.

As you say this cant go on, Brighton may be alright because their owner is a fan but how long will the owners of the other lot accept no investment return financially or at least some prestige from a trophy.
Yep. It's why I don't want us just throwing money around like confetti. I don't want us to have a benefactor/sugar daddy and huge losses, I want us to be in a good financial position. With the tv money available, no way clubs should be running up huge losses.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:57 pm Yep. It's why I don't want us just throwing money around like confetti. I don't want us to have a benefactor/sugar daddy and huge losses, I want us to be in a good financial position. With the tv money available, no way clubs should be running up huge losses.
But i want trophies :)

You dont want to run at a huge loss but you need to raise your profile to earn the money to self fund and be successful on the pitch to.

Until that happens you really do need a rich and generous owner.

The Lowy family really makes me feel better because we know they are fans.

Was never sure about the 49ers and we know Radz hasnt got deep pockets football wise.

But the Lowy family are extremely wealthy with a net worth of $6.6 billion from an average of Bloomberg and Forbes.

A lot is made of Villas wealth with Nassef Sawaris having an average of $8.1 billion and Wes Edens having about $1bill but they are purely businessman, they arent fans.

The Lowy family is a potential game changer for us and throw in Radz and the 49ers and we are potentially every bit as wealthy as Villa with the added advantage of our wealthiest backer being a genuine fan.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:11 pm But i want trophies :)

You dont want to run at a huge loss but you need to raise your profile to earn the money to self fund and be successful on the pitch to.

Was never sure about the 49ers and we know Radz hasnt got deep pockets football wise.

But the Lowy family are extremely wealthy with a net worth of $6.6 billion from an average of Bloomberg and Forbes.

A lot is made of Villas wealth with Nassef Sawaris having an average of $8.1 billion and Wes Edens having about $1bill but they are purely businessman, they arent fans.

The Lowy family is a potential game changer for us and throw in Radz and the 49ers and we are potentially every bit as wealthy as Villa with the added advantage of our wealthiest backer being a genuine fan.
We could compete for trophies if we bothered/tried rather than making 11 changes!

While we have TV money, we should be self sufficient anyway, especially with commercial income on top of that.

How comes Lowy wasn't interested when Bates was running us into the ground? :duno: :verysad:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:29 pm We could compete for trophies if we bothered/tried rather than making 11 changes!

While we have TV money, we should be self sufficient anyway, especially with commercial income on top of that.

How comes Lowy wasn't interested when Bates was running us into the ground? :duno: :verysad:
His Dad Frank tried to buy the club off Bates but Bates said no.

Their were reports about it at the time which were since confirmed elsewhere by fans who know more than I.

Bates ruined many potential takeovers apparently :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:46 pm His Dad Frank tried to buy the club off Bates but Bates said no.

Their were reports about it at the time which were since confirmed elsewhere by fans who know more than I.

Bates ruined many potential takeovers apparently :verysad:
Deary me :roll: Hate him so much! :evil: :evil: :evil:
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

1964white wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:39 am You obviously enjoy MOT mate :)

Are you a member of any of the Villa forums Villan?
yeah i do, lots of sensible folks to have decent discussions with. (if you want to see hilarious, the Norwich forum has been comedy -- for a villa fan-- over the past few days)

Yeah I am and I post a decent amount there
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:11 pm But i want trophies :)

this right here is the main problem with the good 14 and what the scum 6 have over the other. the financial discrepancy is eyewatering (sponsorships, deals, things of that nature)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aston Villa's record £33m signing Emiliano Buendia completed & has been welcomed as a "great addition" by boss Dean Smith after signing a five-year deal.

Norwich say they were "left with little option" to sell the Argentine midfielder after he sought a move away.

Buendia, 24, scored 15 goals and racked up 16 assists last season, helping the Canaries win the Championship title.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Arsenal reject a £25mil bid from Villa for Emile Smith Rowe.

Villa are closing in on signing veteran Ashley Young on a free transfer.

Not hanging about clearly
Signed

King Cjay

visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:12 pm Arsenal reject a £25mil bid from Villa for Emile Smith Rowe.

Villa are closing in on signing veteran Ashley Young on a free transfer.

Not hanging about clearly
not exactly sure what to make of our interest in ESR. Think he's a plausible target from our PoV, but Arsenal are never selling at that price. Maybe we are doing an agent a favor with his contact demands with Arsenal and getting more from them. Or we could just be trolling them :lol:

Also just confirmed Ashley Young. Very happy with him on a free, it will free up funds for other positions and give us cover in several positions
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

visitingvillan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:28 pm not exactly sure what to make of our interest in ESR. Think he's a plausible target from our PoV, but Arsenal are never selling at that price. Maybe we are doing an agent a favor with his contact demands with Arsenal and getting more from them. Or we could just be trolling them :lol:

Also just confirmed Ashley Young. Very happy with him on a free, it will free up funds for other positions and give us cover in several positions
It has to be part of a plan to reconstruct the midfield after Grealish has been sold this summer. There is no way that Villa are splashing so much cash for two players playing a similar role to their most expensive existing player.