Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
RebelWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Post by RebelWhite »

I'm truly torn on the Europe question . For the "brand" , it would be great , but the extra matches would be something of a distraction . Anyone remember how we got on in the Cup this year ???

I'd nearly prefer to concentrate on Premier League again , consolidate as a top , competitive side and push on for Europe year after next

Delighted it worked out for Patrick , but this kind of cr*p needs to be dealt with . It was a penalty, stonewall. Surely should have been spotted on review ? Baffling !

Will the romantic in Marcello give Pablo the send off he deserves? Hope so

What a season !
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:57 pm Amazing to think we went the whole season without an away draw!
Amazing to think we won 10 out of 19 away from home. :shock: :shock:

Just heard on MOTD Man City won 12.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hopefully Orange Box comes out of Leeds unscathed after 8 pints....hope you're ok mate.....
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:45 am Hopefully Orange Box comes out of Leeds unscathed after 8 pints....hope you're ok mate.....
I did thanks, and somewhat surprisingly I am hangover free :) Really enjoyed myself, Leeds has some smashing pubs and everybody I encountered was COVID sensible. Going back over the border 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 today and hopefully the game taped so I can watch it properly.
Next time I’m down will catch a game live, I’ve missed that.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:29 pm Absolutely no reason for Cooper to start next season.
The reality is we have three CB's better than him now in our squad.
Another two rash clumsy tackles on the edge our box again which almost cost us.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What a first season back this has been! Have loved every minute of it, win lose or draw. The mad scientist making changes last night none of us would have done and they worked. Wasn't pretty for long periods, but he has total faith in the players and his system and we wore a pretty decent Southampton side out. Great to see Berardi back on the pitch, you wouldn't have thought he'd been out for almost a year. The much maligned Kiko did what Kiko does. Excellent shot stopper, still utter dog s**t under crosses and corners! Top 10 guaranteed, we'd have torn your arm off for that at the start of the season, wouldn't we? ALAW
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Chilli D wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:16 am The reality is we have three CB's better than him now in our squad.
Another two rash clumsy tackles on the edge our box again which almost cost us.
Personally I think that Cooper's time at the club is up. He will always be a liability if he becomes a 1st choice CB with those rash, hot headed challenges, not to mention the shirt pulling at set pieces. I would sooner see even Beradi kept as a squad player ahead of Cooper, with Cooper, Costa and Roberts sold in the summer. Cooper did a decent job for the club at championship level, but that should be the end of it.

Jack Harrison I can't decide about. I see that he went back to having an anonymous performance last night. And this at a time when he should be playing out of his skin in order to earn a permanent contract. Costa went over the edge of a cliff performance wise after he was signed permanently - I'm concerned that the same might happen with Jack.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It was a fairly even 1st half last night, could have gone either way. Then with those changes at half time I thought we’d given up on the game but how wrong I was, from the start of the 2nd half there was only going to be one winner. The man is a genius, simple as that!!!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:48 am I did thanks, and somewhat surprisingly I am hangover free :) Really enjoyed myself, Leeds has some smashing pubs and everybody I encountered was COVID sensible. Going back over the border 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 today and hopefully the game taped so I can watch it properly.
Next time I’m down will catch a game live, I’ve missed that.
Glad you enjoyed yourself pal. I'm a country boy myself but always enjoyed going into Leeds down the years for whatever reason, whether a bit of shopping or on the lash. Top place. :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 am Personally I think that Cooper's time at the club is up. He will always be a liability if he becomes a 1st choice CB with those rash, hot headed challenges, not to mention the shirt pulling at set pieces. I would sooner see even Beradi kept as a squad player ahead of Cooper, with Cooper, Costa and Roberts sold in the summer. Cooper did a decent job for the club at championship level, but that should be the end of it.

Jack Harrison I can't decide about. I see that he went back to having an anonymous performance last night. And this at a time when he should be playing out of his skin in order to earn a permanent contract. Costa went over the edge of a cliff performance wise after he was signed permanently - I'm concerned that the same might happen with Jack.
I agree. Berardi is a much better defender than Cooper and has massively cleaned up his act in the discipline stakes.