Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Post by whiteswan »

rab_rant wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:20 pm Bielsa throws a curved ball once again and catches everybody out.
If it works he will be hailed as a tactical genius
If it fails he will be crucified. He is sticking to First principles.
Generate emotion and entertain. How to generate some interest in a dead rubber.
Full of unexpected surprises. We don't call him el loco for nothing
At the end of the day rab we all want to watch our best players and we want to win the game. I dont see Kiko as e entertainment to be honest, I see him as a potential calamity. I'd be more interested in watching tonight's game if our excellent keeper was playing. But, whatever they are, Bielsa has his reasons and has made his choice. I can only hope that Kiko proves us all wrong, but he hasn't done so before, we shall see.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Casilla, Cooper and Rodrigo all start

Post by weasel »

My feeling is that Kiko will be sold/released in the summer so Bielsa is giving him a farewell appearance and judged it to be better doing it away from ER so that we don't get our 'supporters' booing him. Fully expect Pablo to get a farewell performance at ER.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:26 pm Great optics drafting in someone banned for a racist slur in the same week the FA recieve another report about one of our players.

Also Casilla could play a blinder and it wouldnt matter he is dead wood and we all know it.
Is a perfect gentleman alllowed to raise a middle finger to the FA?l
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:26 pm Great optics drafting in someone banned for a racist slur in the same week the FA recieve another report about one of our players.

Also Casilla could play a blinder and it wouldnt matter he is dead wood and we all know it.
You couldn't make it up :)

Combat 18 at LS11 :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:27 pm At the end of the day rab we all want to watch our best players and we want to win the game. I dont see Kiko as e entertainment to be honest, I see him as a potential calamity. I'd be more interested in watching tonight's game if our excellent keeper was playing. But, whatever they are, Bielsa has his reasons and has made his choice. I can only hope that Kiko proves us all wrong, but he hasn't done so before, we shall see.
Well said young lady :tup:

As I remember he played in our home match against BHA and did ok, won't mention Crawley though :shock:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Apparently according BT sports Leeds have conceded more goals than anyone else in the league.

Not going well is it?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Hope Casilla has a good game - but unlikely.

Getting sent off and / or gifting a goal - very likely.

The most unpredictable goalie in the modern game currently.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:31 pm Is a perfect gentleman alllowed to raise a middle finger to the FA?l
Well in doing so he may be raising it at some a bit closer to home.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

This is the night that Tyler Roberts will come off the bench and score a goal causing total confusion in this forum. It is all part of Bielsa's master plan.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:27 pm At the end of the day rab we all want to watch our best players and we want to win the game. I dont see Kiko as e entertainment to be honest, I see him as a potential calamity. I'd be more interested in watching tonight's game if our excellent keeper was playing. But, whatever they are, Bielsa has his reasons and has made his choice. I can only hope that Kiko proves us all wrong, but he hasn't done so before, we shall see.
Feel sorry for Meslier & Pascal Swannie.

I know their time will come but that omission must be a kick in the teeth for our two young lads.

Otherwise it's a strong team particularly offensively.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:30 pm My feeling is that Kiko will be sold/released in the summer so Bielsa is giving him a farewell appearance and judged it to be better doing it away from ER so that we don't get our 'supporters' booing him. Fully expect Pablo to get a farewell performance at ER.
Pretty certain that is the reason Weasel .
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Anyhow nice to see the fans back
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Boss said he wants to see Casilla finish the sesson in goal.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Tue May 18, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Afternoon all, or perhaps it’s morning in this trippy surreal world.

Casilla? Wtf? You got to hand it to Marcelo, he keeps us on our toes. 😁
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:41 pm Feel sorry for Meslier & Pascal Swannie.

I know their time will come but that omission must be a kick in the teeth for our two young lads.

Otherwise it's a strong team particularly offensively.
Yeah, bit shite on them two. Meslier is also building all kinds of records for clean sheets for a young goalie, etc, don't like disrupting winning sides unless it's absolutely necessary.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:21 pm We want to sell Kiko so hope he has a good game ...
Lets hope he doesn't have a stinker or the majority of us will be fuming.

Hope this is the last we'll see of him.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I’m watching the Southampton/Leeds channel, so why are Sky feeding me a menu of Man United drivel?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Lots of these streams seem to be ManU
'