Would you take Nketiah back?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Would you take Nketiah back?

Post by White Riot »

Not for me thanks.

MB didn't fancy him at Championship level.

I fail to see how he's gonna get a start ahead of Paddy and Rodders, and I'd rather invest time in Gelhardt and Greenwood.

If the only striker we had was Tyro then it might be worth giving Eddie a shot, but would have to be very cheap too.

All in all, we've moved on from the Eddie experience, good luck to him at Palace or somewhere like that.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Not even a position we are concerned with... why even waste oxygen on this the Gooners dont want him, hardly played him but want 20 mill!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Can't get in the Arsenal team whom finished just above us.

Gooners don't want him

£20 million.....you are kidding :shock:

No thank you!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:52 pm Can't get in the Arsenal team whom finished just above us.

Gooners don't want him

£20 million.....you are kidding :shock:

No thank you!
Agree with all that 64
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:06 pm Agree with all that 64
What's the main difference between us and Arsenal ? Ignoring the money aspect
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

No- we have players waiting in the U23's who deserve a chance before getting Eddie back.
£20 million too expensive we need money spent in other areas such as left back, centre mid and back up keeper before signing a player who never really cut it at Leeds in the championship and has hardly set the world on fire at Arsenal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:23 pm What's the main difference between us and Arsenal ? Ignoring the money aspect
If he's not good enough for Arsenal why would we want Eddie mate?

£20m is far too much for a striker who has only scored two goals in 17 appearances for the Gooners last season.

Jack is costing much less with goals/assists on his CV
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

An easy link as we had him on loan and whilst he looked a natural finisher in his brief cameos, he's not pulled up many trees back at Arsenal and it isn't a position we need strengthening at the minute. As such, it's a no from me. And the Arse are having a laugh if they think they'll get £20m for him!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:43 pm If he's not good enough for Arsenal why would we want Eddie mate?

£20m is far too much for a striker who has only scored two goals in 17 appearances for the Gooners last season.

Jack is costing much less with goals/assists on his CV
Not my point at all, we have Bielsa, that's the difference and if Bielsa wants him back, and I did say that in my original post, then I'd love him back. His movement, first touch, the vision and the acceleration and the fact he can play with two feet and head a ball mean he'd be a top class footballer at ER in a year or two ... Interesting to see how quick we write off 21/22 yr olds here

You really need to stop reading stats to form opinions you'll get nowhere fast. I'm assuming you think Arsenal were well manged this season ? Good players on poorly managed teams play poorly.. plus I think Arsenal had a few million pound in strikers ahead of him

Personally I don't think we need a striker but if MB wants him back then go for it. It'd be 5-10M plus a large bonuses if he scores 50 for us, plays a 100 games and starts for England 10 times. If he achieves the last three then he'd be worth it and more ...

If Raph had gone to Arsenal instead of us he'd be a bit like Nketiah in that he'd hardly get used, allowed to play his game and worth 5-10M now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It did look like Bielsa was trying to mould him into a much better all round player and EN was making progress when he was recalled to Arsenal. As such I would be in the same boat as Faaip and that if MB wanted him then it could be a good deal as he has some excellent raw ability/attributes. We have seen what Bielsa can do with players that have had desire and determination as stronger attributes than anything natural so if Bielsa thought he could mould EN then what a great player he could be. Otherwise would be a big no simply with him not being able to fit into the system.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Where is it indicated Bielsa is interested?... makes no sense, as we are in a better situation now in that postition than when we had him.... other positions far more important to be working on...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

100 percent I would sign him. I said that he would be one of the three I would sign along with Ward-Prowse and Luke Shaw before their England call ups.

He's a poacher. We create so many chances,we need someone like him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:07 pm Not my point at all, we have Bielsa, that's the difference and if Bielsa wants him back, and I did say that in my original post, then I'd love him back. His movement, first touch, the vision and the acceleration and the fact he can play with two feet and head a ball mean he'd be a top class footballer at ER in a year or two ... Interesting to see how quick we write off 21/22 yr olds here

You really need to stop reading stats to form opinions you'll get nowhere fast. I'm assuming you think Arsenal were well manged this season ? Good players on poorly managed teams play poorly.. plus I think Arsenal had a few million pound in strikers ahead of him

Personally I don't think we need a striker but if MB wants him back then go for it. It'd be 5-10M plus a large bonuses if he scores 50 for us, plays a 100 games and starts for England 10 times. If he achieves the last three then he'd be worth it and more ...

If Raph had gone to Arsenal instead of us he'd be a bit like Nketiah in that he'd hardly get used, allowed to play his game and worth 5-10M now
Fair points :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

How many games did he actually play for us....anyone know?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

2 starts and 15 bench appearances, about 500 minutes all told. Bugger all really. Even less for Arsenal this season in the league and I think that was down to the players they had in front of him, same as us really. 20 when he played for us, just turned 22

Scored 7 times for Arsenal in just 17 starts, 3 times in 2 starts for us, over the last two seasons... A goal every 201 minutes over the last two seasons just over a goal every two games .. on limited playing time, extrapolates to around an 18 goal season which for me goes up on regular playing time. I think he's a guaranteed 20 plus a season guy.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:22 pm Where is it indicated Bielsa is interested?... makes no sense, as we are in a better situation now in that postition than when we had him.... other positions far more important to be working on...
He isnt, it's just Arsenal trying to dump their rejects on us. But we're not that kind of club.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Way too young to be a reject anywhere...
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think we will see Joe Gelhardt emerge as a regular first team squad member next season, possibly Sam Greenwood as well.
Gelhardt has already proved he can play at Championship level, its time to see if he's ready for the PL.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

100% No doesn't look premier league standard,Championship at best
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »