Would you take Nketiah back?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Would you take Nketiah back?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Multiple outlets reporting that Arsenal have offered Eddie Nketiah to Leeds. Would you take him back?

https://www.the-goalpost.com/blank-1/le ... my-product

According to Football Insider, Arsenal are looking to sell Nketiah this summer, and Leeds are one of the clubs interested, with him spending the 2019/20 season on loan with the Yorkshire club.

During his loan at Leeds, Nketiah struggled for regular football due to Bamford's impressive season as Leeds got promoted to the top-flight, with Nketiah featuring in 19 games during the half of the season that he spent on loan at Elland Road, scoring five goals in the process.

Mikel Arteta has reportedly allowed the club to listen to offers for the 22-year-old, as long as the club's £20 million asking price is met.

The price tag is rumoured to be £20 million which I think puts pay to any speculation. Way over the odds for a relatively unproven player whose contract is up this year. Especially when we have Gelhardt and Greenwood waiting in the wings.
hector

Re: Would you take Nketiah back?

Post by hector »

No....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I wouldn't complain if we signed him
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What as Eddie done to deserve such a high price tag? He didn't fit the bill on loan so i can't see Marcelo wanting him back. Arsenal will struggle to get £10m for the kid imo.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Nope, wasn't even good enough in the Championship and certainly not for £20m.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Definitely not at £20m.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Don’t think he was ever given sufficient opportunity to demonstrate what he could do when he was with us on loan

£20m does seem a tad optimistic on Arsenal’s side however :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

In a heartbeat ... If MB wants him back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:22 am Don’t think he was ever given sufficient opportunity to demonstrate what he could do when he was with us on loan

£20m does seem a tad optimistic on Arsenal’s side however :duno:
It'd be 20 Mil including incentives, England caps, Goals scored, games played ..that sort of thing.. His movement is sublime and the speed he dos it at is top class. Good finisher too.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

about to make his breakthrough at Leeds and then recalled unexpectedly to arsenal

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:45 am It'd be 20 Mil including incentives, England caps, Goals scored, games played ..that sort of thing.. His movement is sublime and the speed he dos it at is top class. Good finisher too.
Yes, fair point and when you think that’s the sort of money Sheffield Utd paid for Oli McBurnie then £20m doesn’t sound a lot does it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:46 am about to make his breakthrough at Leeds and then recalled unexpectedly to arsenal

Gotta watch that Patrick Bamford Mafia ... ;-)
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Wasn't a regular at the team that finished just in front of us. Not sure he would be what we need to overtake them.
Would be behind Bamford & Rodrigo so unless we are switching to two up would be no more than a impact sub.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:49 am Yes, fair point and when you think that’s the sort of money Sheffield Utd paid for Oli McBurnie then £20m doesn’t sound a lot does it.
He also cost more than Raphinha and Llorente. Why should we overpay for mediocre players just because others do?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The sooner these deluded and arrogant "Super" League clubs realise we're not interested in their overpriced rejects, the better. We don't buy rejects, we sign first team players. Koch, Llorente, Raph, Rodrigo none of those were rejects.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Gotta watch that Patrick Bamford Mafia ... ;-)
you said the PB words... that means that an angel has got his wings back in heaven.

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

No.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

22 years old.

Only 14 senior career club goals to his name.

Out of contract next year.

£20mil.

Nonsense.

And still maintain that Bielsa never wanted him.

A poacher who didnt fit our style.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Yes.
But perhaps 20M is a tad high.

10 with add ons would suffice.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:21 am you said the PB words... that means that an angel has got his wings back in heaven.

My sincerest apologies, I know as a Paddy atheist I must not take his name in vain but hopefully I won't be treated too harshly for my blasphemy