Victor Orta - Recent quote...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Victor Orta - Recent quote...

Post by Smudge3920 »

E3IFIVQWYAAg2hB.jpg
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta - Recent quote...

Post by Norm »

Outstanding
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Couldn't ask for a better "team" running the club. Mistakes were made early mainly down to fact we had nothing in place to enter the season with once Cellino left. We needed manager/coaches/about 20 players, the whole club was built from the ground up and from scratch
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Huggins - Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

This is why Bielsa will stay with us as long as he's able, I feel. Here he's found a place to truly pursue his footballing philosophy, a place in which he's been given the ability to shape a footballing destiny like no other. This is purely supposition but I don't think he would have done this with Newell's because it's his home club and knowing him, he possibly sees himself as unworthy of that sort of role in it.

But here he's found a second home and a place to truly leave his legacy and long overdue mark on the footballing world. We just need to make sure to preserve everything he's built when he one day departs.
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Everyone pulling in same direction , same goal from top to bottom of the club . That's when things work . You only have to look at the likes of Sunderland , WBA , Newcastle and many more where everyone is having different objectives , that's when it goes bad .....Leeds under Bates prime example , any manager wanted to achieve success and get back to the summit of English football but Bates had different plans and objectives , do it on the cheap or don't do it at all .
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I noticed that when speaking to ESPN in Brazil, Marcelo referred to the chances of him ever coaching there diminishing with each passing day, so he's clearly acutely aware of the limited shelf-life remaining to him as a manager.

We need to enjoy his influence while we have him and take nothing for granted year to year, though I personally don't think there's any chance of him going this summer.

It amazes me though that players like Perraud, offered the chance to be one of potentially the last group of players to benefit from being improved by a living legend, would choose to go and work for Hasenhuttle instead. :duno: :dun:
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:59 pm It amazes me though that players like Perraud, offered the chance to be one of potentially the last group of players to benefit from being improved by a living legend, would choose to go and work for Hasenhuttle instead. :duno: :dun:
Not every player will be up to the standards or be willing to work as hard as Bielsa demands. I feel Perraud is selling himself short or doesn't have what it takes to play for us, so is picking the easier payday. Either way, not bothered about him if that's the case and we're right not to fight for him.