Who will win EURO 2020?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who will win EURO 2020?

Belgium
13%
England
17%
France
29%
Germany
4%
Italy
21%
Netherlands
No votes
Portugal
4%
Spain
4%
Other
8%

Total votes: 24

Bally
First Team
First Team

Re: Who will win EURO 2020?

Post by Bally »

No reason why England can't win it and hopefully they will.
As for Scotland and Wales hopefully they lose every game.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

I went for Italy. They have serious form coming into this competition but are still under the radar, which will suit them. They also have no stand out stars so the responsibility to perform is spread well across a young team. No doubt they will have a dodgy start, as they often do, but Italy always grow into a competition and they know how to win.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bally wrote:No reason why England can't win it and hopefully they will.
English hopes of winning the Euros will flounder like a hugh ungainly cargo ship stuck in the suez canalImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:04 pm Do you think the fans will only sing... I'm England til i die... if they have had the jab..... :angel:
They will sing "Jabbed until I die".

Vaccination doesn't prevent death it just delays the inevitable :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Boo Radley wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:09 pm I went for Italy. They have serious form coming into this competition but are still under the radar, which will suit them. They also have no stand out stars so the responsibility to perform is spread well across a young team. No doubt they will have a dodgy start, as they often do, but Italy always grow into a competition and they know how to win.
Good shout Boo.

The Krauts, Italy, France, and Spain usually do well in major tournaments. Portugal and Holland should also do well.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:04 am English hopes of winning the Euros will flounder like a hugh ungainly cargo ship stuck in the suez canalImage

I can just picture our lovable hero ❤️ Jack Grealish diving for a hat trick of penalties against Jockland and each time giving McGinn a nudge and a wink as he slots them home.

We've already paid the ref and Var :love:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bally wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:30 pm No reason why England can't win it and hopefully they will.
:lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bally wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:30 pm No reason why England can't win it and hopefully they will.
Some brilliant recent performances from England :roll:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Some brilliant recent performances from England :roll:
English performances are so ungainly and disjointed that they would make a hippopotamus in a tutu look like Dame Margot FonteynImage

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

just a little interesting statistic England have never won their opening game in the Euros ever.

England should be very afraid of the Croatian midfield which is the strongest of all the teams in the competition.

England are considering playing a back 3 with Ben White stepping in for the injured Maguire. It is a recipe for disaster.

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 am Some brilliant recent performances from England :roll:
How did Portugal get on in their last few games before they won the last Euros?
I'm guessing you've no idea without looking it up? and why would you know its immaterial they went on and won the tournament 👍
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Neville Chamberlain had more chance of signing a peace pact with Germany than for England to win the Euros

Southgate is just as delusional as Chamberlain. Explain to me why he choose people to play in the last few friendly games who were not eligible to play in the Euros

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 am Neville Chamberlain had more chance of signing a peace pact with Germany than for England to win the Euros

Southgate is just as delusional as Chamberlain. Explain to me why he choose people to play in the last few friendly games who were not eligible to play in the Euros

You're a bit obsessed mate looking for silly little pictures I bet you'll be there Sunday in your Croatia shirt and kilt with your pint of irn bru eating haggis sandwiches praying for England to lose, you'd probably take Scotland losing every game as long as we don't win the tournament 😘
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bally wrote:
Only starting a meme mate. Exercising my figures of speech to illustrate that Southgate and the english team are disjointed and ill prepared for the Euros.... which many fans on here have agreed with. The team selection and the tactics are not the best.

Tired of hearing everybody denigrate Scotland, just as you have done by portraying Scotsman as IrnBru swigging, haggis munching numpties. Perpetuating the Scottish stereotype.

How does it feel when somebody takes the piss out of your national team.... how does a taste of your own medicine feel? The English can dish it out but it seems that it is hard for them to take it. Image

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:07 pm Only starting a meme mate. Exercising my figures of speech to illustrate that Southgate and the english team are disjointed and ill prepared for the Euros.... which many fans on here have agreed with. The team selection and the tactics are not the best.

Tired of hearing everybody denigrate Scotland, just as you have done by portraying Scotsman as IrnBru swigging, haggis munching numpties. Perpetuating the Scottish stereotype.

How does it feel when somebody takes the piss out of your national team.... how does a taste of your own medicine feel? The English can dish it out but it seems that it is hard for them to take it. Image

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
😂😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿👍Take the piss as much as you like I don't even care if we lose to Scotland as long we go on and win the tournament, we are both winners then you've won your cup final and we've won the tournament 👍
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bally wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 am How did Portugal get on in their last few games before they won the last Euros?
I'm guessing you've no idea without looking it up? and why would you know its immaterial they went on and won the tournament 👍
No I haven't any idea Bally.

Portugal will go close this time too with Ronaldo, Dias, Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo, Neves, Carvalho, Jota, etc, we haven't got a squad anywhere near that quality.

Also they have a quality coach in Fernando Santos who has won plenty of trophies over the years as oppose to the inept Southgate whom has won nothing in his managerial career.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 am just a little interesting statistic England have never won their opening game in the Euros ever.

England should be very afraid of the Croatian midfield which is the strongest of all the teams in the competition.

England are considering playing a back 3 with Ben White stepping in for the injured Maguire. It is a recipe for disaster.

The Croatians are certainly no mugs like the poor opponents we generally face in our first matches.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm No I haven't any idea Bally.

Portugal will go close this time too with Ronaldo, Dias, Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo, Neves, Carvalho, Jota, etc, we haven't got a squad anywhere near that quality.

Also they have a quality coach in Fernando Santos who has won plenty of trophies over the years as oppose to the inept Southgate whom has won nothing in his managerial career.
We shall see there's been plenty of bigger shocks than if England win it
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just looking at the format.

It looks pretty hard to get knocked out early on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The four who voted for Italy could be onto something here.