Harrison Reed Targeted

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Harrison Reed Targeted

Post by Scoobychief »

What are your thoughts????. Fulham fans not happy with the news we are moving in for him
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Harrison Reed Targeted

Post by mothbanquet »

Not a big enough improvement on anyone we already have. Don't think this one has legs.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Daily Mail - Throw enough s**t at the wall, something will stick. Decent player, but not what we need. Already have Koch and Struijk to cover for KP.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Fantastic little player in the mould of Billy Bremner... and Ginger to boot. Aways impressed by his energetic style of play when I watched him at Fulham. Hard tackling and able to pass well. Sign him up he could be a valuable asset.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

He's a decent player, but we need a LB and ACM before cover players..
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Depends on the £££ of course but he looks like a really good player to me,.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Agree with others would be a good addition.
bobcat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by bobcat »

Just an agent trying to get a move for his player. I sincerely doubt we're interested or that this has legs at all.
Been gone a long while, but back again
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Daily Fail says it all! Just an agent trying to put him out there, and Leeds will always draw loads of attention. Not a position we're crying out for and would be very expensive.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am Daily Mail - Throw enough s**t at the wall, something will stick. Decent player, but not what we need. Already have Koch and Struijk to cover for KP.
Going off last season averaging just 0.64 points per game without Philips and 1.64 with Philips clearly shows the analysts that a proper backup player is required. I know Koch was injured and maybe he could have proved to be the better understudy but for me we need proper back up and I think Reed could suit us, his stats from last season are not dissimilar to those of Philips. Maybe not the marquee signing others were hoping for but I dont think we need that in this position and probably wouldn't get anyway if they thought they would need to compete with Philips.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

It's the Daily Heil; if they reported it was raining, I'd go out a check
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:29 pm Going off last season averaging just 0.64 points per game without Philips and 1.64 with Philips clearly shows the analysts that a proper backup player is required. I know Koch was injured and maybe he could have proved to be the better understudy but for me we need proper back up and I think Reed could suit us, his stats from last season are not dissimilar to those of Philips. Maybe not the marquee signing others were hoping for but I dont think we need that in this position and probably wouldn't get anyway if they thought they would need to compete with Philips.
Just to be clear WR, are you saying he is better than Kock & Struik who cover for KP?... Enough to priorise over a needed L(w)B and an ACM?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Doesn’t Reed play No. 8 mainly? He’d be looking to play further forwards than Phillips but could also provide cover at DCM.

We certainly need more strength in depth in midfield, CM as much as ACM.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:40 am Doesn’t Reed play No. 8 mainly? He’d be looking to play further forwards than Phillips but could also provide cover at DCM.

We certainly need more strength in depth in midfield, CM as much as ACM.
I'm not really sure where he played honestly, he didn't really stand out to me when I watched Fulham but maybe that's the point and he's like Klich in that regard. That's the only context under which I think he'll be all that valuable to us, as an 8.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 am Just to be clear WR, are you saying he is better than Kock & Struik who cover for KP?... Enough to priorise over a needed L(w)B and an ACM?
Well hard to know re Koch but I don’t think struijk brings the all round play that Philips does, he covers well defensively but there’s more to the role than that. If he cost more than 10 million then no I wouldn’t prioritise him but frustratingly we don’t seem to be after an ACM anyway.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am Fantastic little player in the mould of Billy Bremner... and Ginger to boot. Aways impressed by his energetic style of play when I watched him at Fulham. Hard tackling and able to pass well. Sign him up he could be a valuable asset.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
I suppose Leeds best sides have always had a ginger .......Bremner , Strachan , Hopkin 🤔
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Harrison Reed sounds like a law firm specializing in accident claims...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"