Our International players

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Our International players

Post by whiteswan »

So, do you want our Leeds United player's Countries to do well at the Euros, or would you prefer them to get knocked out so our lads can get a holiday and full pre-season?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Our International players

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Want them to do well!

Not going well for them so far, Kalvin aside. Might improve when Spain play Sweden later.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

As much as I am against the playing of these comps at this time ...I do want our players to do well.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Majority of them will return home sooner than later.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:32 pm Majority of them will return home sooner than later.
:lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hopefully four of England, Scotland, North Macedonia, Spain, Poland and Wales make the semi finals, after all of them make the quarters.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I would like them to do well as it's good for their development and confidence.

You could clearly see that Kalvin was thrilled, and bursting with pride and confidence after his performance on Sunday.

If players reach the latter stages Leeds should be sympathetic to giving them a break before the new season starts.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:32 pm Majority of them will return home sooner than later.
That's for sure, I can only see KP and Koch going a long way in this tournament. Spain are establishing a new generation so too soon for them.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Mixed feelings really I want them all to have a decent break and not get injured but I also want them all to do well, but then other clubs might want to buy them, so do ok rather than do well but as an England fan I want Kalvin to have a brilliant tournament and shove it up those pundits and dim Hammers & Villains who didn't think he was any good, but then Big Boy clubs will try to buy him but I still hope he has a brilliant tournament :) :)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

White Riot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 am I would like them to do well as it's good for their development and confidence.

You could clearly see that Kalvin was thrilled, and bursting with pride and confidence after his performance on Sunday.

If players reach the latter stages Leeds should be sympathetic to giving them a break before the new season starts.
Well said WR
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Looks like Alioski might have been on the receiving end of racist abuse.

If true, Arnautovic should be sent home and given a very long suspension. It doesn't look good that his teammate was trying to clamp his mouth shut to stop whatever he felt he absolutely had to say...

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/71 ... euro-2020/
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’d like to see Kalvin go all the way in the euros and then get a good rest away from football. I don’t think he needs a full preseason because he is so used to Bielsa methodology so it’s just about keeping his fitness levels to an acceptable standard, which for a good professional shouldn’t be a major issue.
Also the kudos of having a tournament winner at our club would be massive. The big boys can look on with envy for my money, keeping Kalvin at Leeds would be just the kind of statement of intent we are looking for.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.