Fave take away

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Fave take away

Post by whiteswan »

KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Nando's, Pizza, Doner Kebab, Chinese, Indian, Fish and Chips.....or other. What is your favourite take away? And from which take away your fave meal
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fave take away

Post by Smudge3920 »

As a "young un" saturdays pie and Peas from the stall in Leeds Market to eat while walking to the buses to get to Elland Road with me Dad...And Fish and Chips as long as done in lard (beef dripping) none of this modern day veggy oil...and I am sure we all had (have ) a local chippy that was the best... :)
None of these modern day fast food joints have a patch on the old chippys and market stalls...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Smudge3920 wrote:

As a "young un" saturdays pie and Peas from the stall in Leeds Market to eat while walking to the buses to get to Elland Road with me Dad...And Fish and Chips as long as done in lard (beef dripping) none of this modern day veggy oil...and I am sure we all had (have ) a local chippy that was the best... :)
None of these modern day fast food joints have a patch on the old chippys and market stalls...
Spot on Smudge - give me real food cooked the old-fashioned way. When I met Debbie we lived in Northolt for a while and one night we went to this chippie and got 'Fish and chips open' with just vinegar and salt and walked along to the pub eating it. She was gobsmacked as to how good this traditional food tasted. She tried Pie and peas from a few places around Wakefield and was an instant convert to British (especially Yorkshire) nosh.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Curry/ Indian is my favourite , usually pathia or dhansak . I like a Chinese , if it's a burger , which is rare I would go for burger king but NEVER ever McDonald's . Haven't had anything of them for 40 years and refuse to eat at that place .
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Chinese - lemon chicken and steamed rice. I've had it virtually every Friday night since the early 90's.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Always been partial to Chinese Beef Curry with Fried Rice and a portion of chips too :pig:

Indian food takes some beating, needs to be accompanied by garlic naan and onion bhajis, jalfrezi or dhansak.

Loads of great fast food here in Bulgaria, duner kebabs are beautiful, or falefal.

Yummy stuff.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Indian for me. My local does a smashing chicken tikka chilli masala. Add some keema nan and onion bhajis and I'm a happy boy!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I'd never been into a burger place until I had kids (so early 30s) mainly cause I don't eat red meat and got to be honest I'd happily never enter one ever again, although I do like a McDs banana milk shake :shock:

I love Asian food but my favourite has to be Indian a Chicken Makhani mmmmm now I'm hungry :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

All take away food is poison for me, so none...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 am All take away food is poison for me, so none...
There is a chippy in Romsey that does gluten free fish and chips 2 nights a week.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
hector

Post by hector »

But I suppose it is a long way to travel to try it out ..... :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Fish & Chips
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am But I suppose it is a long way to travel to try it out ..... :mrgreen:
Most do but you have to want the take away on that day plus they have have to have changed the oil which I've had the answer no to a few times. Also They have to have cleaned out the place where they let it rest.

Really needs to be a chippy that does gluten free 7 days a week using a corn based tempura batter and the closest one of those is deep into Cornwall.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

What is a take away?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:23 am What is a take away?
:lol:

I know you spoil Leon rotten with your cooking Jill :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:22 am :lol:

I know you spoil Leon rotten with your cooking Jill :)
My Mrs Nelli is also a wonderful cook Swannie so we hardly ever eat out, as it's usually a disappointment.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:07 pm My Mrs Nelli is also a wonderful cook Swannie so we hardly ever eat out, as it's usually a disappointment.
I know what you mean Riot. On most occasions when we've been out for a meal I'm very disappointed, especially with a roast dinner.
As for my fave take away it has to be proper fish and chips. Chippy Woods in Wakey is by far the best I've ever had and they use proper dripping fat. In fact when I was up in Wakeg seeing my folks last week I had fish and chips on two occasions within six days :roflmao:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

If anyone finds themselves down in Milton Keynes I highly recommend Percy's, BBQ takeway even given a thumbs of from some poncey Michelin chef. Best food in MK bar none, takeaway or otherwise.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:27 pm I know what you mean Riot. On most occasions when we've been out for a meal I'm very disappointed, especially with a roast dinner.
As for my fave take away it has to be proper fish and chips. Chippy Woods in Wakey is by far the best I've ever had and they use proper dripping fat. In fact when I was up in Wakeg seeing my folks last week I had fish and chips on two occasions within six days :roflmao:
Making me hungry now Swannie, I love fish n chips with mushy peas and a pot of tea with bread n butter and lots of salt n vinegar.

Yummy 😋
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:10 pm Making me hungry now Swannie, I love fish n chips with mushy peas and a pot of tea with bread n butter and lots of salt n vinegar.

Yummy 😋
Nowt better than a chip butty :)