Blind leading the blind

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Blind leading the blind

Post by weasel »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57542472

Euro 2020: What England need to change against Czech Republic - Alan Shearer

Good to see an ex-manager, Shearer, who took a north east team to relegation in his only job in management giving advice to another manager, Southgate, who's only job in club management saw him take a north east team to relegation.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blind leading the blind

Post by Smudge3920 »

weasel wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:05 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57542472

Euro 2020: What England need to change against Czech Republic - Alan Shearer

Good to see an ex-manager, Shearer, who took a north east team to relegation in his only job in management giving advice to another manager, Southgate, who's only job in club management saw him take a north east team to relegation.
:lol:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Here's a funny one .Southgate stated in 2001 it was time to leave Villa " If I am to achieve anything in my career , it's time to leave " , he went to............

Middlesbrough 🤔. I wonder what that achieved ? Obviously he thought that maybe a major side might want him . I wonder if any of Shearer's advice included stepping down .
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

Oh the irony :mrgreen:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Seen any of Emma Hayes co-comms or punditry? She makes the rest look like total idiots!

Genuinely why we should care what the likes of Ashley Cole or Martin Keown think I don't know!
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Myself, I think Martin Keown is pretty good.
For someone who looks like a nightclub bouncer, he is quite intelligent.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

WestgateRun wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:16 pm Myself, I think Martin Keown is pretty good.
For someone who looks like a nightclub bouncer, he is quite intelligent.

He just thinks far too much of himself, does my head in.

His knowledge is far superior to the likes of Robbie Savage, who is essentially a performing chimp.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:20 pm He just thinks far too much of himself, does my head in.

His knowledge is far superior to the likes of Robbie Savage, who is essentially a performing chimp.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:20 pm He just thinks far too much of himself, does my head in.

How dare you denigrate chimps ... very intelligent animals.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"