Calls for England to be banned from the World Cup...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Calls for England to be banned from the World Cup...

Post by Mountain »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:26 am Basically because by inference you seemed to be inferring that I was a racist... perhaps you have come to that conclusion because of our discussions on taking the knee and black lives matter.
I have no idea what your position is on taking the knee or BLM.

It's not like I go around thinking "gosh that poster's defence of racism and bigotry is interesting, I'll remember that". For me it's all just generic shrieking about Marxism, politics having no place in sport, people getting angry and personal, claiming that taking the knee is subjugation, that they understand racism at a deeper level, that George Floyd committed crimes yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, it's good that we can now both look at Andrew Laurence and laugh. There is some common ground... :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I prefer to listen to Black people speaking for themselves and in America i have seen quite a few video's of people from all walks of life pushing back against the divisive agenda of critical race theory and i would include BLM in that category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m66rcHzWaPU
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 am I prefer to listen to Black people speaking for themselves and in America i have seen quite a few video's of people from all walks of life pushing back against the divisive agenda of critical race theory and i would include BLM in that category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m66rcHzWaPU
Great clip Leeds1000... a classic example of someone who made good "choices"... And I agree there is no place for CRT in the classroom...
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Adding further to that previous post ...
TS02.jpg
TS03.jpg
TS04.jpg
TS04.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 154 times
I wonder what the reaction would have been if a white man had made those quotes?

Thomas Sowell ( born June 30, 1930) is an American economist, social theorist, and senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.
Highly recomended reading....