Tokyo Olympic Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tokyo Olympic Games

Post by whiteswan »

Very disappointing regardless of the circimstances
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 pm Haven't we cut funding for "posh" sports including Rowing?

Looks like we're relying on track cycling to boost the gold medal count.
No idea, just reporting that the Rowing authorities have started their inquest and that they'd spent 25M for this Olympics on our Rowing team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

every one catches up thats law of the jungle

i used to inject cortisone into my channel birds
now every fookers doing it athletes are no diffrent its win at all costs
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Sports do rise and fall over time. It seems swimming and boxing are on the up.

Our overall number of medals is well on track but we are just not converting enough into gold so far.

The Aussies seem to be pulling our pants down at the moment. With Stokes pulling out, the upcoming Ashes could be difficult too now.

As a rugby league man I've been surprised at how enjoyable the union 7s have been. The 7s format takes all the boring bits of union out of the game. The women's games have been really good to watch.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Prisoner37 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:38 pm Sports do rise and fall over time. It seems swimming and boxing are on the up.

Our overall number of medals is well on track but we are just not converting enough into gold so far.

The Aussies seem to be pulling our pants down at the moment. With Stokes pulling out, the upcoming Ashes could be difficult too now.

As a rugby league man I've been surprised at how enjoyable the union 7s have been. The 7s format takes all the boring bits of union out of the game. The women's games have been really good to watch.
Which is your RL team Prisoner?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Some great swimming this morning

The mixed medley relay lives up to expectations. Great race, congrats to Team GB on their world record.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The mixed swimming is weird. Not sure what it proves as the men easily overtake the women.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

In the 90th minute the mighty Max Gradel puts Côte d’Ivoire 2-1 v Spain

...and then Spain equalise in the 93rd
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:46 pm Which is your RL team Prisoner?
I played it at amateur level but don't have a particular team that I support. Have a big soft spot for Cas Tigers though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:08 pm I played it at amateur level but don't have a particular team that I support. Have a big soft spot for Cas Tigers though.
Oh no...not another Cas fan :roll: I've enough on my plate with OB

:lol: :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Watched the mixed triathlon live in the early hours. A superb gold for team GB. Johnny Brownlee gets his gold at last.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:08 pm I played it at amateur level but don't have a particular team that I support. Have a big soft spot for Cas Tigers though.
Excellent choice Priz, though I have to say Cas have a few big soft spots themselves this year :tiger:

Who did you play for?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I loved the mixed medley, great fun and what a swim by our freestyler to bring it home...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:42 pm Excellent choice Priz, though I have to say Cas have a few big soft spots themselves this year :tiger:

Who did you play for?
Punch Bowl, York. First Division of the West Yorkshire League at the time, that was many moons ago.

Thankfully I retired just before the ten yard rule came in!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

What a brilliant last day in the pool. A titanic battle in the men's 1500m, three Olympic records and a World record.

Fantastic.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:03 pm Punch Bowl, York. First Division of the West Yorkshire League at the time, that was many moons ago.

Thankfully I retired just before the ten yard rule came in!
Good standard Priz and a famous club. I played Union until I was too slow then turned to Sunday morning league at prop. Loved it.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Great rides by Germany and Team GB in the women's team pursuit qualifying. Both break the previous world record but the Germans were just a bit quicker.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

In the women's cycling team pursuit Denmark, Italy, New Zealand and Team GB will battle out for gold. Australia just misses out. All five teams beat the winning time set the Team GB in Rio.

In the Team Eventing, Team GB take gold ahead of Australia.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Can't believe that the USA and Australia are out of the womens football (will play for bronze). Canada and Sweden to contest the gold medal. Wow
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

The lass that got the bronze in the pole vault said in her interview "I've had so many up and downs in my career".