Swannies feathers ruffled tonight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Swannies feathers ruffled tonight

Post by whiteswan »

Okay, first of all I appologise on here if anyone is offended by my language or topic.

Look North tonight, reporting from a nightclub in Leeds city centre, just opened in the early hours, minutes after the 12.00 am 'freedom'
and then, a young lass shouting "this is great, this is what we've been missing, friends, dancing, freedom"....and then "I'm young, I've missed a year of my life, its been awful"......
Cometh Swannies anger. Oh yeah, you're young and you think you've lost a year of your life. What about the elderly you selfish little * *
My folks are 90. The last time my dad went out for a beer was March 2020 with his mate Dave. Dave passed away with Covid earlier this year, so no more visits down the pub with Dave for Dad. (He was the last of my Dads mates, everyone else having passed away ) My folks, they too have lost a year of their lives, but time is running out for them. I don't hear them moaning, I don't hear them whining, I dont hear them whinging.....
The older generation have lost so much due to Covid, and we have lost so many of the older generation due to Covid (it breaks my heart) but the ones that are left, they are strong, fearless, resilient.
The youth of today.....Hmmmm?
PFU.....
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Swannies feathers ruffled tonight

Post by Smudge3920 »

Give her my best mate, tell her to try and not let it get her down too much.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 am Okay, first of all I appologise on here if anyone is offended by my language or topic.

Look North tonight, reporting from a nightclub in Leeds city centre, just opened in the early hours, minutes after the 12.00 am 'freedom'
and then, a young lass shouting "this is great, this is what we've been missing, friends, dancing, freedom"....and then "I'm young, I've missed a year of my life, its been awful"......
Cometh Swannies anger. Oh yeah, you're young and you think you've lost a year of your life. What about the elderly you selfish little * *
My folks are 90. The last time my dad went out for a beer was March 2020 with his mate Dave. Dave passed away with Covid earlier this year, so no more visits down the pub with Dave for Dad. (He was the last of my Dads mates, everyone else having passed away ) My folks, they too have lost a year of their lives, but time is running out for them. I don't hear them moaning, I don't hear them whining, I dont hear them whinging.....
The older generation have lost so much due to Covid, and we have lost so many of the older generation due to Covid (it breaks my heart) but the ones that are left, they are strong, fearless, resilient.
The youth of today.....Hmmmm?
PFU.....
Just how I feel about the attitude of todays "entitled" society that the country now breeds.
Don't get me wrong its not all young people plenty of good ones out there just the others kick & scream more.

Those that don't give a damn about the elderly need to look in a mirror and realise it'll be them one day (or maybe not.,
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I heard on Radio 2 yesterday morning that a club in Nottingham had opened at one minute past midnight and within minutes it was packed to capacity.
I expect there were many others the same.
How long before 100k cases a day?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 am I heard on Radio 2 yesterday morning that a club in Nottingham had opened at one minute past midnight and within minutes it was packed to capacity.
There will be 100K case per day very soon but as long as the death rate isn't rising, or serious cases requiring hospitalisation, then that is okay. People have been vaccinated and the point of the vaccination is that if you now get it it shouldn't cause more than a few minor symptons. So caution needs to be applied more in the right places, i.e. do still take great care if for example you are going into an elderly care home (even though they should all have been vaccinated and should be perfectly safe).
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I was sent this by a mate recently and thought yep, I'm not saying all youngsters are like this but many are

https://rumble.com/vhoz5l-australian-ne ... nberg.html
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
LUFCAZ1976
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCAZ1976 »

hi guys new here first try on the forums

i'll be down to E.R on thursday for may 2nd dose of vaccine , about time the government came clean and admitted that although the vaccines might offer some protection they don't actually prevent infection i mean how can they because if we believe the government vaccine numbers then there must be quite a few thousand double dosed infections you can't get 100k infections a day otherwise
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I have to agree about your parents Swannie... I personally think the lockdown experiment has been brutally barbaric. Thankfully i haven't experienced any death due to Covid but the thought of my Dad being in a care home in his final hours of need and me not being able to be by his side and comfort him when he knew is time was nearing the end is a terrible thought and i'm sure there has been many people who have had to go through that torment and it will live with them for the rest of their lives.

I have just heard some statistics quoted by a doctor who said 99% of Covid deaths have occurred in people 50 and over, and 86% of that number are in people 70 and over, i haven't looked the stats up myself but if true i will let you do the math on anyone risk of dying under 50. For anyone under the age of 50 i'm guessing the vaccination with all the possible side affects posses a far greater risk to their health. With the numbers and risk in mind is it any wonder that the kids want to go out and enjoy themselves?

We now know government are going to introduce sort sort of passport/papers to get into nightclubs, and of course we can already preempt that it will be deemed a roaring success and introduced throughout other indoor venues, baring in mind the risk quoted above to people who frequent nightclubs when there would be very little risk to start with. The coercive tactics being deployed by the government are imo shameful and in some cases criminal.

If you are in favour of children getting vaccinated don't click on the link bellow. Again baring in mind the risk to this age group. The doctor i listened to this morning quoted three children have died in the States after taking the jab i can only find a link to one.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/2021/07 ... 323095001/
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:39 pm I have to agree about your parents Swannie... I personally think the lockdown experiment has been brutally barbaric. Thankfully i haven't experienced any death due to Covid but the thought of my Dad being in a care home in his final hours of need and me not being able to be by his side and comfort him when he knew is time was nearing the end is a terrible thought and i'm sure there has been many people who have had to go through that torment and it will live with them for the rest of their lives.

I have just heard some statistics quoted by a doctor who said 99% of Covid deaths have occurred in people 50 and over, and 86% of that number are in people 70 and over, i haven't looked the stats up myself but if true i will let you do the math on anyone risk of dying under 50. For anyone under the age of 50 i'm guessing the vaccination with all the possible side affects posses a far greater risk to their health. With the numbers and risk in mind is it any wonder that the kids want to go out and enjoy themselves?

We now know government are going to introduce sort sort of passport/papers to get into nightclubs, and of course we can already preempt that it will be deemed a roaring success and introduced throughout other indoor venues, baring in mind the risk quoted above to people who frequent nightclubs when there would be very little risk to start with. The coercive tactics being deployed by the government are imo shameful and in some cases criminal.

If you are in favour of children getting vaccinated don't click on the link bellow. Again baring in mind the risk to this age group. The doctor i listened to this morning quoted three children have died in the States after taking the jab i can only find a link to one.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/2021/07 ... 323095001/
I'm not sure who was saying it but I heard on the radio the other day that 60 something children had died from COVID in the UK and all of those were either obese or had other health conditions such as heart disease or chronic asthma.
As I say I can't remember who was saying it, I think it was a doctor or professor or indeed if his figures were correct.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:39 pm
UK only
The numbers you quote for over 50 isn't too far off its slightly different at 97% but slowly getting worse (think the 99‰ was sometime ago.
The 50 to 70s make up around 80% of those so again your figures are in the right parish.

However current weekly death rates are not matching these and if trends continue those percentages will continue to come down.

Another thing to consider is those suffering long covid which is effecting younger people.
I personally know of two one bloke that was running half marathons before catching the virus and now can't climb a flight of stairs.
Another lady is sister in law to a friend and she just left hospital a couple of weeks back, been in since January. Was perfectly fit before now walks with a frame.
Both above early 50s.

I also lost a close family member aged 56.

Appreciate its easy to take it seriously once it becomes names and not numbers.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Such sad but true words WR ...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 am I heard on Radio 2 yesterday morning that a club in Nottingham had opened at one minute past midnight and within minutes it was packed to capacity.
Imminent Chilli.

Just wait until the football season begins.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCAZ1976 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm hi guys new here first try on the forums

i'll be down to E.R on thursday for may 2nd dose of vaccine , about time the government came clean and admitted that although the vaccines might offer some protection they don't actually prevent infection i mean how can they because if we believe the government vaccine numbers then there must be quite a few thousand double dosed infections you can't get 100k infections a day otherwise
Welcome to MOT LUFCAZ :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:03 pm I was sent this by a mate recently and thought yep, I'm not saying all youngsters are like this but many are

https://rumble.com/vhoz5l-australian-ne ... nberg.html
I saw that on Facebook a few months ago Rat. The bloke is brilliant and he sure does have a point and it's very well put :lol:

Not seen any response from greta thunberg mind....but would sure love to :)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

LUFCAZ1976 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm hi guys new here first try on the forums

I don't think I have heard anybody say that the vaccines prevent anybody getting the infection. What I have constantly heard is that having one dose reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, should you catch it, by circa 60%. A second dose ups that protection to circa 90%. So, good for you that you are getting your second dose. Especially as Boris has decided to let it rip, although he is already s**tting his pants and beginning to backtrack with vaccine passports for large crowd venues.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:21 pm UK only
The numbers you quote for over 50 isn't too far off its slightly different at 97% but slowly getting worse (think the 99‰ was sometime ago.
The 50 to 70s make up around 80% of those so again your figures are in the right parish.

However current weekly death rates are not matching these and if trends continue those percentages will continue to come down.

Another thing to consider is those suffering long covid which is effecting younger people.
I personally know of two one bloke that was running half marathons before catching the virus and now can't climb a flight of stairs.
Another lady is sister in law to a friend and she just left hospital a couple of weeks back, been in since January. Was perfectly fit before now walks with a frame.
Both above early 50s.

Even at 97% its still a very low death rate for the under fifties. And lets not forget the way they were recording Covid deaths within a 60 day window of testing, i think that reduced to 30 days later on. With some of the propaganda been used i guess we will never really know how many people actually died of Covid or with Covid. A guy at work who lost a family member said the rest of his family were puzzled when Covid was presented on the death certificate, but i guess he must have caught the virus in hospital. I would query your second round of stats in the 50-70 bracket as the last average age of Covid death i last heard was slightly above the normal death rate average at 82/83, although i'm sure that's fallen a little.

I will never know for sure because they was not testing at that time but I am convinced like a few people i speak to around this area that i caught the virus on the 24th December 19. I ended up taking my self up to A&E because i was having reduced oxygen breathing difficulties but it was the persistent constant cough that was the real problem for me and stopping me from getting any sleep. It was a disaster, i was one of the last to arrive in the surgery at A&E at about 12.30 am and i thought it would be quiet, i was sat there for 5 hours in sweltering heat constantly coughing and breathing in dry air. I am asthmatic, slightly over weight but keep a reasonable level of fitness as a cycle quite a bit. My breathing issues were very similar to a mild asthma attack so i was used to it and could control it, anyone who's never had a asthma attack would probably panic at that level of oxygen intake and that makes a persons breathing far more erratic and dangerous. It took me around 2 weeks to fully recover. Thankfully for me no long Covid symptoms.

Sorry to hear of your loss WhiteRose.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 am Even at 97% its still a very low death rate for the under fifties. And lets not forget the way they were recording Covid deaths within a 60 day window of testing, i think that reduced to 30 days later on. With some of the propaganda been used i guess we will never really know how many people actually died of Covid or with Covid. A guy at work who lost a family member said the rest of his family were puzzled when Covid was presented on the death certificate, but i guess he must have caught the virus in hospital. I would query your second round of stats in the 50-70 bracket as the last average age of Covid death i last heard was slightly above the normal death rate average at 82/83, although i'm sure that's fallen a little.

I will never know for sure because they was not testing at that time but I am convinced like a few people i speak to around this area that i caught the virus on the 24th December 19. I ended up taking my self up to A&E because i was having reduced oxygen breathing difficulties but it was the persistent constant cough that was the real problem for me and stopping me from getting any sleep. It was a disaster, i was one of the last to arrive in the surgery at A&E at about 12.30 am and i thought it would be quiet, i was sat there for 5 hours in sweltering heat constantly coughing and breathing in dry air. I am asthmatic, slightly over weight but keep a reasonable level of fitness as a cycle quite a bit. My breathing issues were very similar to a mild asthma attack so i was used to it and could control it, anyone who's never had a asthma attack would probably panic at that level of oxygen intake and that makes a persons breathing far more erratic and dangerous. It took me around 2 weeks to fully recover. Thankfully for me no long Covid symptoms.

Sorry to hear of your loss WhiteRose.
Thanks

It's not just happening in the UK and age wise not sure how it will turn age wise, obviously if it's running at 97‰ and was 99‰ previously and you take a window of the last few months it must have been less than 97% in that period to bring it down.

It's a world problem and the fact their were 80,000 more deaths (all causes) than the previous 5 year average in the UK suggests people are dieing of something.

It's a world problem so don't conspiracy theories (unless you believe all countries can work together) and as for the UK let's see what happens. Personally don't think the younger end will die at the same high rate as the older end but I believe long covid will be a burden for years to come.
Saying that all deaths caused by it young and old that shortens people's lives is bad. Eg, a 70 year old dies of covid is still losing life years to the expectancy.

Read an article a month or so ago about the expected life years list, crazy numbers, tried to find it again without success. May have another look later its scary but interesting reading.