Terry Cooper

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Terry Cooper

Post by Chilli D »

RIP TC
Time to hang up those famous white boots.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Another sad loss .. RIP Top cat
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

RIP Terry and lots of love to your family :cry: :cry:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Such a silky footballer too. I can remember him dribbling down the left wing in the Leeds V Chelsea Cup Final at Wembley back in 1970. We all knew Eddie Gray could go past a man, but Terry really showed his skills in that game. I recall Brian Moore heaping praise on him throughout the game. Perhaps Brian might be needed again up there, with so many of the Leeds United team of the late 60s/ early 70s no longer with us. Very sad.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm Another hero from the Revie-era gone to football heaven

Condolences to his family & friends

RIP Terry

Screenshot 2021-07-31 21.10.48.png
Another very sad loss of one of my childhood heroes.

Part of the great Leeds teams and England's brilliant 1970 World Cup side.

RIP Terry
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

RIP Terry Cooper
oldstandrobin
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by oldstandrobin »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm Another hero from the Revie-era gone to football heaven

Condolences to his family & friends

RIP Terry

Screenshot 2021-07-31 21.10.48.png
Thanks 1964White for coming on our forum. We have lost a great man who graced your club and ours
He saved us from extinction in the 80's and older fans like me just loved him ( and Norman) May he
rest in peace. :cry:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

oldstandrobin wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:14 pm Thanks 1964White for coming on our forum. We have lost a great man who graced your club and ours
He saved us from extinction in the 80's and older fans like me just loved him ( and Norman) May he
rest in peace. :cry:
It's nice that football fans can unite at times like these Oldstand, Cooper was a legend at both Bristol City & Leeds.

I use to visit OTIB a few times when we were in the championship & also when dear old Norman passed away, a decent site with some good members on there.

Thank you for your tribute on here from a robins perspective :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:28 am Top Cat invented the attacking wing-back position imo!

The Mini jumper was Duncan Mckenzie.
Oh god, no doubt in my mind he did...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:53 pm Oh god, no doubt in my mind he did...
Terry would fit into today's game perfectly :tup:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Loved the way he got his head down and stormed down that left side, I know memory is selective and rose tinted but I honestly believe every cross he put in was on the money. Loved watching him play. RIP TC.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nine pages & nearly 250 posts on the Terry Cooper thread on a Bristol City forum :clap:

The robins must love Top Cat more than we do :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smaller forum I'd imagine. Not sure what else you want me to say other than what I have...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brookesy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Brookesy »

Terry Cooper was a fantastic player and ahead of his time in the way that he played as an attacking wing back when most full backs role was to just cancel out the opposing winger. I remember even before the white boots he had 3 white stripes on his black boots and as kids we used to paint the stripes onto our own boots. Mine were from the Timpsons shoe shop, moulded sole and studs, anyone remember those?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Brookesy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:44 pm Terry Cooper was a fantastic player and ahead of his time in the way that he played as an attacking wing back when most full backs role was to just cancel out the opposing winger. I remember even before the white boots he had 3 white stripes on his black boots and as kids we used to paint the stripes onto our own boots. Mine were from the Timpsons shoe shop, moulded sole and studs, anyone remember those?
:tup: Sure do
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I lost a family member the same day as we lost the legend that was Terry Cooper...Terry Cooper and Leeds United were a huge part of our lives back in the day (still are)...definately more funerals than weddings in my life now...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

RIP Terry lad