WHY LEEDS UNITED WON'T SUFFER 'SECOND SEASON SYNDROME'

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

WHY LEEDS UNITED WON'T SUFFER 'SECOND SEASON SYNDROME'

Post by 1964white »

Some fantastic points about Bielsa made by the sports phycologist Dan Abrahams

Interesting analysis on Leeds & our forthcoming season

Muppet the Cat

Re: WHY LEEDS UNITED WON'T SUFFER 'SECOND SEASON SYNDROME'

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:49 am Some fantastic points about Bielsa made by the sports phycologist Dan Abrahams

Interesting analysis on Leeds & our forthcoming season
As you say 64, some interesting thoughts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:32 am As you say 64, some interesting thoughts
Thoughts & points that the majority of us wouldn't even consider Cat.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Bottom six nailed on
Punched way above our weight last season.
It wont happen again without quality new addition
Never stand still because you go back .realised this every year with the pigeons

It's the law of the jungle
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

You got to pay for quality
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Very insightful this psychologist Leon, and it absolutely strikes a chord with me.

I've always believed that as a leader you need to be passionate and committed to your profession and your people, and this is the way I've managed people and processes.

I fully endorse the fact that if you build, implement, and maintain strong processes, and a management system, they will be effective.

The key to all good management is also engaging with your people, and keeping them inspired and committed.

So from my experience this guy, and Bielsa, are 100% correct :clap:

Absolutely no fear of us experiencing SSS as we have an effective manager, with effective systems and a management style that demands and delivers committed performance :)
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

yeah reckon if we dont get quality especially in midfield we still need 2 players there, then we are going to struggle keep hearing people saying stuff like he's not a bielsa type playe. but truth is we wont be going anywhere with the likes of poveda, roberts, costa, and a couple of others currently in the first team, the idea was to build on last season buys, because you just cant see the likes of raphinha being there next summer not if we dont bring in quality and strenghten the squad. second season syndrome is a serious possibility if no addition is happening.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Yep a great post Leon... lots of great points highlighted, where he was talking about emotions, well feelings and emotions, imo this is where Bielsa excels because he gets to know and understand his players so well. He is also loyal and if a player returns what is asked of him he will be rewarded with a starting position. And it is that loyalty why players will run themselves to death for him.
The (constant) burn out question irritates me, they have an excellent team of trainers and medical staff who will ensure that this will not happen. And every time a player or indeed the team have an off day, to start screaming "burn out" is so annoying. Sure there maybe a time when a player needs an extra few days between games, but this is not just Leeds, teams with less demanding training regimes have to endure this also...why? because they are not as fit as the Leeds squad, IMO burn out is less likely with a Leeds player than other teams.

Regarding the host's final question....My expectations this year are , for the squad as professionals to use the lessons learned from the first year of playing prem football, combined with the tuning to the team that MB is (surely) doing I see more wins, less goals conceded resulting in a higher position than last year. My prediction is 5th.

Great post...MOT
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Really interesting about the feelings thing. The one thing that I've really admired about our squad is that their heads never go down, even when getting beaten 4-0 at times.

From what he said in the video about playing with our high intensity all the time doesn't let their feelings get in the way, that seems to explain that phenomenon.

So long may that continue!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So by posting this topic up prior to the start of the season.

You could blame me for putting mockers on our current form :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

We lost 15 matches in the league last season. By only losing 2 out of our 5 matches so far we are actually doing slightly better this season. The main difference is the draws - just 5 draws all of last season compared to 3 so far this season. We just need to get back to taking a higher percentage of our chances and we will be fine. We have seen it so many times over the last 3 seasons under Bielsa where we go on a run where we don't really click as a team, we can't score for toffee, we all get worried and then things right themselves out and we start scoring at a more normal percentage for our chances created. That said a couple of wins wouldn't go amiss!