Should United complain

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase
Youth Team
Youth Team

Should United complain

Post by mentalcase »

What ought we do about this red card miscarriage of justice ?
We appealed, knowing we would fail , but had to stand by our man 100%.
The things that sticks in my gullet is :
1/ It wasn't even a booking until scruffy klopp ran on the pitch and complained.
2/ Scruffy klopp invaded the pitch, an offence in itself.
3/ Scruffy klopp leaving his technical area.
4/ Everyone included the injured player and the referee's boss, said it wasn't a sending off.
5/ Where's the explanation to this sordid little decision.
6/ On what grounds were they made.

Not sour grapes, but we need an explanation otherwise as fans, we will continue to believe we, as one of the smaller clubs will always be on the wrong end of decisions whilst the so called "bigger clubs" the ones that can pay their way out of situations will prosper.
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Re: Should United complain

Post by danhirons »

"Not sour grapes..."

...whole post is basically sour grapes. The red card was given based on the severity of the injury it cause not on klopp's reaction. Whether this was the right call or not is debatable - I don't think it was a red. But the issue with these appeals is that there usually has to be a clear mistake whereas this one is evidently more on the fence and so the appeal was never going to be accepted.

Let's just move on now. There's no prejudice against Leeds or favouritism of the big clubs. It probably wasn't the correct decision but we've had plenty of decisions go in our favour last season in the prem. Swings and roundabouts.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:23 pm What ought we do about this red card miscarriage of justice ?
We appealed, knowing we would fail , but had to stand by our man 100%.
The things that sticks in my gullet is :
1/ It wasn't even a booking until scruffy klopp ran on the pitch and complained.
2/ Scruffy klopp invaded the pitch, an offence in itself.
3/ Scruffy klopp leaving his technical area.
4/ Everyone included the injured player and the referee's boss, said it wasn't a sending off.
5/ Where's the explanation to this sordid little decision.
6/ On what grounds were they made.

Not sour grapes, but we need an explanation otherwise as fans, we will continue to believe we, as one of the smaller clubs will always be on the wrong end of decisions whilst the so called "bigger clubs" the ones that can pay their way out of situations will prosper.
It is sickening MC, and reinforces the notion that the higher you go the more corrupt football is.
Other than hurling abuse at the ref in question, VAR, Klopp and the FA, seems like all we can do is bend over and touch our toes again, same as Spygate.
We did the correct thing in standing by our man, but did any of us actually expect justice to be served?
1/ True, the ref saw the incident and carried on with play. Salah was very prompt in getting the poor lad some medical help.
Klopp has no place pitch, and the ref and 4th official should have told him to stf up and get off the pitch.
If he didn't comply, then red card him.
2/ As above, "stf up pikey and get off the pitch or you're getting a red card".
3/ As above, 4th official should stop him leaving the technical area, if he doesn't comply then red card.
4/ Correct again, and the ref himself carried on with play, indicating he didn't see an offence. So what prompted the card? The extent of the injury, VAR, Klopp haranguing the ref? They'll all want it swept under the carpet and forgotten about now.
5/ There isn't and won't be one MC. This will be considered an open and shut case, no explanation, no debate, process over before it even began.
6/ As above.

I'm sure if this happened to Ronaldo, Ferguson, Bobby Charlton, et al, would be on the FA's doorstep the same night and there wouldn't need to be any appeals process :)

You've answered your own request for an explanation MC: we will continue to believe we, as one of the smaller clubs will always be on the wrong end of decisions whilst the so called "bigger clubs" the ones that can pay their way out of situations will prosper.

That's they way it's always been and they ain't gonna allow any change in the status quo.
mentalcase
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mentalcase »

..whole post is basically sour grapes

No it isn't, it's simply a case of "one rule for one"
Look at the facts, Son was rescinded, the everton match 24 hrs later with exact tackle...not even worthy of a card, a scruffy manager invading the pitch, remonstrating and getting a fellow professional sent off , and you say sour grapes hmmmmm
The mains points I'm wanting clarification for is to why :
1/ A manager can influence a referee by invading the field of play.
2/ Everyone is admitting it wasn't even worthy of a booking including the injured player himself, so why did the ref change his mind.
3/ Which rules are they actually going by, or, are they making them up as they go along.
By the way, Elliot has a lot more class than his trampy piss-stinking, fag-end searching, raggedey arsed manager.
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

danhirons wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:38 pm Let's just move on now. There's no prejudice against Leeds or favouritism of the big clubs. It probably wasn't the correct decision but we've had plenty of decisions go in our favour last season in the prem. Swings and roundabouts.
Fully agree.

We really need to get a grip and draw a line under it.

The Klopp stuff is veering into the silly. Almost every manager of every club in every sport will react when a player sustains a serious injury in front of them. And very often it will not be a calm and reasonable reaction. We have to let it go.
mentalcase
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mentalcase »

Every manager except Bielsa that is, he even gave shackleton a bollocking for getting a head injury.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Squeaky wheel always gets the grease and no one squeaks more than the power 4...
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm Squeaky wheel always gets the grease and no one squeaks more than the power 4...
Excellent faaip. To the point....well said!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

By the way, Elliot has a lot more class than his trampy piss-stinking, fag-end searching, raggedey arsed manager.

:lol: Couldn't have put it better myself MC :clap:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pointless making anymore complaints, we're Leeds United & we'd get nothing :(

The unfortunate consequence is we have to manage without our best two CB's (maybe 3 including Koch) in our next three games & hope we can gain at least one victory over Newcastle or West Ham.

Knowing Leeds we'll probably beat Fulham a game I couldn't care less about now in the current circumstances.

First PL victory is vital imo!
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The problem is who else can you complain to now? The FA will not justify there decision because they couldn’t and for some reason they don’t have to. As far as I know there is no other mechanism to turn to in order to get justice so unfortunately we’ll just have to accept that, once again, we have been royally screwed over by the football authorities!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm

Knowing Leeds we'll probably beat Fulham a game I couldn't care less about now in the current circumstances.

:shock: You were not impressed with me last year when I was saying the same thing when we had a defensive crisis..... :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm Every manager except Bielsa that is, he even gave shackleton a bollocking for getting a head injury.
That is true mate :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:21 pm :shock: You were not impressed with me last year when I was saying the same thing when we had a defensive crisis..... :)
All will be good Bielsa has Cooper pencilled in as the new Franco Baresi :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

By the logic of some posters, instead of a ban, Cantona should have had Simmons pay for his boots to be cleaned, be Knighted in the New Year's Honours list and Palace made to play behind closed doors.

ManU wasn't he?
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 pm The problem is who else can you complain to now? The FA will not justify there decision because they couldn’t and for some reason they don’t have to. As far as I know there is no other mechanism to turn to in order to get justice so unfortunately we’ll just have to accept that, once again, we have been royally screwed over by the football authorities!
We could always write to Esther Rantzen :duno:
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm ..whole post is basically sour grapes

No it isn't, it's simply a case of "one rule for one"
Look at the facts, Son was rescinded, the everton match 24 hrs later with exact tackle...not even worthy of a card, a scruffy manager invading the pitch, remonstrating and getting a fellow professional sent off , and you say sour grapes hmmmmm
The mains points I'm wanting clarification for is to why :
1/ A manager can influence a referee by invading the field of play.
2/ Everyone is admitting it wasn't even worthy of a booking including the injured player himself, so why did the ref change his mind.
3/ Which rules are they actually going by, or, are they making them up as they go along.
Son's red card being rescinded is completely different. That was a tactical foul that led to gomes unfortunately trapping his studs in the ground when he collided with another player and breaking his ankle. This injury was a direct result of the tackle.

Like I said, I don't think it was red but there's no corruption or big club bias, at least in this decision. I imagine with appeals there has to be a clear mistake, this wasn't adjudged to be such a clear mistake even if it was maybe more probably wrong than right - a lot of people are either side of the fence on it anyway.

There's also no need to keep using such offensive language to describe other people. Whether you like klopp or not, he stood up for his player, which fan would say they wouldn't want their manager to do that!?
mentalcase
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mentalcase »

offensive language

Ohhhh dear, snowflakes keep falling on my head :note: :notes:
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Mountain wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm Fully agree.

We really need to get a grip and draw a line under it.

The Klopp stuff is veering into the silly. Almost every manager of every club in every sport will react when a player sustains a serious injury in front of them. And very often it will not be a calm and reasonable reaction. We have to let it go.
If the reaction is to shout to stop play and get medical help on to the field immediately because the injury is serious, thats fine, but if its to scream blue murder at the ref to get the player sent off (which is what Klopp did) it's not acceptable.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:25 am offensive language

Ohhhh dear, snowflakes keep falling on my head :note: :notes:
Wait, you're offended by and complaining about the decision, the ref, the FA, the Liverpool manager, his reaction, his appearance and his percieved smell?

And you're saying someone else is thin skinned?

It's flogging a dead horse stuff, the club appealed, there's nothing more that can be said or done.