Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Post by Scoobychief »

You got to remember we played better last season with same players, ask yourself why? Answer Covid.. no fans in stadiums. Now fans are back we will perform better away from home but at home now the team feels the vibe a bit nervous. Remember when in the championship whenever an important game were played at home and the result would allways go against us. Well its the same now. We're using the same squad who had stage fright apart from rodrigo raph llorente and Koch the rest are the same players. The return of the fans particularly at home will be our achillies heel
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:59 am I'm extremely concerned. This reminds of the season after we won the league under Wilko. Who has stolen our Dallas? personal issues must be affecting Stuart whatever they are. Covid in the camp & injuries/suspensions in our threadbare squad are a major worry. Once Raphinha went off we looked as flat as a pancake. Our powder puff shooting is another concern. Rodrigo's best game of the season. Should we have offered Alioski a new contract & used the 15 million on our midfield? We are not clinical enough & we can't defend efficiently.
Long old season imminent I feel.
I think Stuart has so far played in 5 games ..LB, RB, DMF and centre mid ... He's gonna need to get a run in a single position and it's not like he's playing badly.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 pm I'm surprised some of fans can't see the problems compared to last season when we looked a different team.

We were the better side last night by far but still came away from St James Park with only one point.

We desperately need a PL victory just to give our players confidence & a winning mentality.

Just watched Brentford who are known for their attacking play but by golly they defended well at Wolves today, only conceded 2 goals in their first five matches.

We look like we'll concede goals every time any team attacks us :(
So Brentford have had a lot of central defence injury/suspension problems too ? ... They've done well to overcome those so far
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - 1-1 FT

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:10 am He's not on his f**king own is he??

But he is the one in the position to do something about it......
No he isn't....

Yes he is.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:47 pm I think Stuart has so far played in 5 games ..LB, RB, DMF and centre mid ... He's gonna need to get a run in a single position and it's not like he's playing badly.
I reckon Stuart's loss of form is down to personal problems whatever they are :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:49 pm So Brentford have had a lot of central defence injury/suspension problems too ? ... They've done well to overcome those so far
From what I have seen of them Brentford defend better as a unit than we do, lets hope the bees cave in at some point of the season
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I do wonder if us fans have a separate way of thinking. Well, those of us who didn't expect too much from this season, maybe just expected to avoid relegation aren't panicking yet because it's what we expected....
But those of us who had higher expectations (ie European football) are really more disappointed and are venting their anger on here because they feel let down....dunno
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:11 pm No he isn't....

Yes he is.
Make your mind up, lass :)
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:54 pm I do wonder if us fans have a separate way of thinking. Well, those of us who didn't expect too much from this season, maybe just expected to avoid relegation aren't panicking yet because it's what we expected....
But those of us who had higher expectations (ie European football) are really more disappointed and are venting their anger on here because they feel let down....dunno
Possibly Swannie

I have to admit I expected at least one victory with 6 maybe 7 points from our first five games which is a mid-table start.

Three points is......., well dare I say it :shock:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

October should be a productive month, if we are still around the same position leading into November then I think we will be in a scrap to stay up.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 pm From what I have seen of them Brentford defend better as a unit than we do, lets hope the bees cave in at some point of the season
No ours is better, Llorente, Struijk and Koch .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:54 pm I do wonder if us fans have a separate way of thinking. Well, those of us who didn't expect too much from this season, maybe just expected to avoid relegation aren't panicking yet because it's what we expected....
Rads has said the target for European fixtures is 2/3 years away
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:44 pm No ours is better, Llorente, Struijk and Koch .
Without any doubt when they are available.

Thankfully Pascal will back soon, unsure how long for Llorente & Koch whom we signed to form a central partnership in the PL.

Sadly hasn't materialise, I don't think they have played as a centre-back pairing yet.

Long term injured personnel are no good to us whatsover even though they are both top players I rate.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't criticize a defence that has been hit by injury imo...I can't think of another team that does well with their top 3 CB's in the hutch
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Injury is down to pure luck imo .... no such thing as injury prone
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:50 pm Can't criticize a defence that has been hit by injury imo...I can't think of another team that does well with their top 3 CB's in the hutch
Yes we did well with so many players missing games.

Our final position last season was down to Llorente & Striujk in the last three months of 2020/21.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:Injury is down to pure luck imo .... no such thing as injury prone
Apparently Llorent had a lot of 'bad luck' at his last club as well. Cmon faaip there's only so much bad luck anyone can have before being labelled injury prone for a reason. Is it the coaching, not warming up good enough, his diet even ? I dunno but it sure as hell isn't any good for the club when he spends more time chatting to Forshaw in the treatment room.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 pm Our final position last season was down to Llorente & Striujk in the last three months of 2020/21.
Our final position was therefore down to us finally getting a settled defence. The rest of the season we were a mixed bag results wise. As such this season is simply a repeat of the last season and we have to hope we get a settled defence again sooner rather than later. The majority of the seaon we were aroun 11th to 14th - not a million miles from where we are now.

We need to forget the 3 points from 5 matches at present and simply take each result on its own merit. Losing to MU and Liverpool - fairly much esxpected, and draws to Everton, Burnley and Newcastle, taken on their own are reasonable results - if we'd won 1 and lost 2 of those we'd be on the same points but I'd be more concerned.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm Make your mind up, lass :)
:rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:45 pm Rads has said the target for European fixtures is 2/3 years away
He did after the Liverpool game, that consolidation was paramount the next 2/3 years
Also said that they had spent a lot of money on players last season and this season
Also said that he was happy because we have a very good squad of players
Also The ground expansion will happen later after consolidation so we can host big European nights in 2/3 years

Here's hoping Radz.....