Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 pm Perhaps the Leeds defence was told to not commit on Max.

Goodnight folks.
They seemed to enjoy standing watching him show his skills off 🤣
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by Orange Box »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 pm So throw on rookie against a player like STM playing at the top of his game in a high pressure situation like that?

Perhaps MB got that one correct.
Good enough? Old enough. Lets see eh? Anyway, Coops was looking after St M, sort of.
I’m looking at things from Cresswells POV, how does the lad feel when he’s overlooked like that ? I haven’t got a clue, but if he’s gonna be a good pro he should feel p:ssed.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Sky just said there was 16 shots on target between both teams, the highest so far this season. 😯
There Is Only One United.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Seriously when will Greenwood or Gelhardt get a chance instead? You can't tell me they'd be any worse!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

apollo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm Tyler has been atrocious since he came to Leeds full stop. He really is a headless chicken
Not according to some. :whistle:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

White Riot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:07 pm No I won't Shaggy :lol:
😁
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

White Riot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:16 pm And the opposition might trip over it, but then the chicken would get a 3 match ban :duno:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Except for his mum and Faaip (probably the same person tbh), does anyone rate Tyler Roberts? :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

billysboots wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:19 pm Sky just said there was 16 shots on target between both teams, the highest so far this season. 😯
We are still to open and easy to get at.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:23 pm We are still to open and easy to get at.
Even for a shot shy team like Newcastle!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:23 pm Except for his mum and Faaip (probably the same person tbh), does anyone rate Tyler Roberts? :duno:
No, not at all
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

3 CBs out and now fill-in Ayling injured.
YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!!

I'm off here - see ya.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sorry but I can't see how we can change things. We are reliant on Raph to create eveything, the same players who get picked every week are past their best and we only have u23s to save us. But MB seems to think he's got it sussed and he's paid the big bucks. :duno:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Which keeper was made to work harder, Meslier or Darlow?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 pm Even for a shot shy team like Newcastle!
It's a concern, teams who are that easy to get at will concede goals.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 pm Which keeper was made to work harder, Meslier or Darlow?
Mes
Signed

King Cjay

apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by apollo »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 pm Which keeper was made to work harder, Meslier or Darlow?
Darlow didn’t make a save that I couldn’t have made, that’s how bad our finishing was!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:26 pm Sorry but I can't see how we can change things. We are reliant on Raph to create eveything, the same players who get picked every week are past their best and we only have u23s to save us. But MB seems to think he's got it sussed and he's paid the big bucks. :duno:
Only Raph has the consistency in his final ball that comes with quality

James gives Costa vibes (speed merchant, not convinced he will work out).

Rodrigo has some quality but no consistency or tactical fit.
Signed

King Cjay

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

apollo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:32 pm Darlow didn’t make a save that I couldn’t have made, that’s how bad our finishing was!
So a point was ok. We should have put it out of sight before the break.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Roberts is an enigma to me. Bielsa must see something in him because he sends him on in every single game and inevitably to no avail. I’ve never quite understood it! I’ve mentioned before that some players are luckier than others, in that even if they miss hit a pass or a shot the rebound goes to a team mate or still creates a chance, but in Roberts’ case that never happens, you know that every time he gets the ball it will end in an anti-climax.

I really have no idea why Bielsa persists perhaps someone could enlighten me.