Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by SG90 »

We're relying on 3 teams being worse I'm afraid. Delusions and egotism have caused this, it could have so easily have been avoided.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by Carrick Dave »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 pm
I really have no idea why Bielsa persists perhaps someone could enlighten me.
Not me, though I keep hoping to be proved wrong.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

We were poor imo, but thankfully Newcastle were worse bar Maxim geezer. We made him look like a Ronaldo in his pomp. We are still woefully short in so many areas its hard to see a way out at the minute. I said it in the PR god help us if Kalvin gets injured, he his the only thing holding it all together at the minute, and then we lose Ayling.

Its early days but so far but we are in a really really bad spot and when you look at that bench tonight we are rolling the dice and the odds are stacked against. I can't put my finger on it personally but certain player look like they are performing back in the Championship. I don't know where or when we will get that first win, i really don't. Newcastle are bottom three for me and Meslier kept us in it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We are also running on fumes squad wise.

Raph clearly wasn't fully fit.

Klich clearly isn't fully fit.

Ayling and Bamford took knocks (I doubt Bamford should have played on but he knew we had very little choice).

Our bench is a joke let's be honest, we can't allow the players who probably need recovery time the time to recover because the squad has no depth.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:44 pm We are also running on fumes squad wise.

Raph clearly wasn't fully fit.

Klich clearly isn't fully fit.

Ayling and Bamford took knocks (I doubt Bamford should have played on but he knew we had very little choice).

Our bench is a joke let's be honest, we can't allow the players who probably need recovery time the time to recover because the squad has no depth.
That's what Bielsa wanted though. :roll:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 pm.
A real Dallas love in last 2 years but the guy was awful for the seasons before that.

He has reverted to type
His acclaim for the last two years was earned because he was excellent. Are you claiming he’s a s***e footballer who has got lucky for 24 months?

Behave.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We are not clinical enough & can't defend.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:46 pm His acclaim for the last two years was earned because he was excellent. Are you claiming he’s a s***e footballer who has got lucky for 24 months?

Behave.
He is an average footballer who has played out lf his skin for 2 years, fair play to him.

That was never going to be indefinite.

Now he is reverting to his natural level.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Yes I know but nobody is giving credit to Newcastle who did well under the circumstances
Allez le Blancs
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:We are not clinical enough & can't defend.
We can't defend because our kamikaze attack breaks down regularly and we're caught over-committing and all out of position. It's Bielsa's way which is our own downfall . What happened to the measured approach of the 2nd half of last season when we picked teams off and hardly conceded. It's like the Alamo every single game with Leeds and its why we concede so many shots and hence why we concede so many times. This style has had its day .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm He is an average footballer who has played out lf his skin for 2 years, fair play to him.

Yeah, fan’s and player’s Player of the Year.

No disrespect required.

All of our players are playing below capability apart from Meslier and Phillips IMO.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm He is an average footballer who has played out lf his skin for 2 years, fair play to him.

Very harsh he's always been solid. Last two, three years he's been outstanding
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Not disappointed tbh, as much as I expected, infact, I thought before hand I thought we might lose.
Too many championship players out of their depth, and before any say's " theyr'e hero's, they got us promotion blah blah, it's time to move on , cooper, roberts , ayling & dallas simply cannot anymore, add klich to that.
Brutal if you like, but truthful .
Bielsa cannot, and will not, alter, said it afore, i'll say it again, it will be his downfall.
We were crying out for improvements and got James, pet project, don't wanna get on his back too soon but................
Feffing classless and clueless.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:58 pm Yeah, fan’s and player’s Player of the Year.

No disrespect required.

All of our players are playing below capability apart from Meslier and Phillips IMO.
True mate.

But Mes and Kp have the natural ability to raise the game.

Many of our older Championship players don't. Don't get me wrong they have done great but as

Similarly to Cooper and Ayling in terms of talent Dallas is a Championship level player imo.

He makes up for that with effort and discipline and following MB's instructions.

Unfortunately that is never a long term fix and maybe Dallas is just unable to keep up the levels?
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jesus, this forum is pretty despondent if we don’t smash teams. It was a point away from home, regardless of the opposition it is not exactly doomsday. We should have won - not getting that 2nd goal gave them confidence and that sucker punch before half time was a killer.
James needs time to get to grips with Bielsa methods. Firpo improving, Rodrigo had a decent game overall, Cooper had a good game struggled with ASM’s pace but that can be said of most defenders in this league.

We just weren’t clinical enough when we needed to be. We had plenty of games like that last year.

Dallas is not at his best. Loss of form, personal issues…. but let’s be honest we are judging him on last seasons performances. That is a lot to live up to and a dip in form is part and parcel of the game. Only two options - Hope he plays through it or drop him ? We all know what Bielsa will do in those circumstances.

For periods of the game we had that incisiveness we have been missing in our build up play. Still too many passes going astray, often at key moments but it was an improvement. As long as we are on that trajectory then I am not worried.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 pm Very harsh he's always been solid. Last two, three years he's been outstanding
Solid is generous imo, he was average at best and one of the players who many fans would have happily sold pre Bielsa.

He has really raised his game and deserves great credit under MB.

How can I make my point without being harsh (I am not trying to be).

I know, players like Raph can have pretty average games by their standard and still make an impact and difference, players like Dallas have to be at maximum 100% of the time to have an impact on a game because they haven't the pure talent to impact games in brief moments.
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:32 pm Aww Bamford...
Don't moan - he won me a tenner by getting a shot on target - evens on Skybet pre-game.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

On the subject of ASM - he is some player. He strikes the ball so cleanly and early. Hard to defend against that pace.

The one thing that Firpo does that I find annoying is trying to defend with his arms pinned behind his back. I understand why he does it but you sacrifice balance and the ability to react. Needs a message that the handball rule has changed from this time last year.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:36 pm Jesus, this forum is pretty despondent if we don’t smash teams. It was a point away from home, regardless of the opposition it is not exactly doomsday. We should have won - not getting that 2nd goal gave them confidence and that sucker punch before half time was a killer.
James needs time to get to grips with Bielsa methods. Firpo improving, Rodrigo had a decent game overall, Cooper had a good game struggled with ASM’s pace but that can be said of most defenders in this league.

We just weren’t clinical enough when we needed to be. We had plenty of games like that last year.

Dallas is not at his best. Loss of form, personal issues…. but let’s be honest we are judging him on last seasons performances. That is a lot to live up to and a dip in form is part and parcel of the game. Only two options - Hope he plays through it or drop him ? We all know what Bielsa will do in those circumstances.

For periods of the game we had that incisiveness we have been missing in our build up play. Still too many passes going astray, often at key moments but it was an improvement. As long as we are on that trajectory then I am not worried.
:clapp: :clapp: :clapp: :clapp:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm We are not clinical enough & can't defend.
We are not. Our shooting is woeful.

But your second point isn't helped by the fact we have Llorente, Koch and Pascal out. Even Liddypool struggled last season without the dutchman (only the loss of one defender by the way.....not three!)