Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread/ Bielsa Unhappy!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm Dallas anonymous once again.
Fooking shocking mate.
ASM usually sprints around and misses the chance to shoot or assist but they were so slow and standing off him that he gained confidence.
Atrocious defending again.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle Utd V Leeds Utd Match Thread - James & Klich in for Harrison and Llorente

Post by whiteswan »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm Maxima wasting his career there. Take him out and newcy are down.
Us....so wasteful yet again. It will drag us into a dogfight I'm sure. The style gets choked by the opposition and we're fooked. Klich needs to get some steel in his boots fannying his shots all the time. My Mrs can hit the ball harder ! Roberts is way out of his league. Carrying too many in this league will drag you down and that's what's happening. 2 pts from Newcastle n Burnley is not good. The only consolation is we didn't lose.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
We will hammer Burnley and the har codes at ER, we will have found our rhythm by then and have all our injured players back (she says hopefully )
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 pm Scooby, go to bed 😉
No I won't Shaggy :lol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:02 pm A plus point, there could be a future as a 10 if Rodrigo keeps playing like that.
Probably just me, since people have been saying be played well, but I thought he was poor again
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

We go again.

I watched the highlights of Fulham against Birmingham the other night and think we might struggle midweek. Just saying. Positive attacking momentum versus some stagnation and lack of finishing, plus a weakened back line.

Over to you Marcelo.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:57 pm Open entertaining game. Draw a fair result but our shooting let us down badly. It was poor. Second half not as goos as the first but still a lot better in creating chances overall. Moving in the right direction.
Indeed moving in the right direction towards the bottom of the table.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Where are the goals going to come from?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sky pundits saying it’s great watching Leeds. I’m getting to the stage where I want to see us grind out a one nil win
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 pm We will hammer Burnley and the har codes at ER, we will have found our rhythm by then and have all our injured players back (she says hopefully )
Honestly, I thought we got our mojo back a bit tonight.
But we defended and finished atrociously, hence the result.
You also have to bear in mind how bad Newcastle are
But with players back we will beat the likes of Nukey, Burnley, Watford, Soton, Brentford and Norridge no bother.
I'm not worried, just a bit cheesed that we didn't punish a very poor team.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 pm Just say you’re on the bench and every other CB before you is crocked. How do you think when your gaffer puts another square peg into your position? Dunno bout you Dan but I think, “feck”
So throw on rookie against a player like STM playing at the top of his game in a high pressure situation like that?

Perhaps MB got that one correct.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:09 pm Where are the goals going to come from?
Adam Forshaw :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So so.

Created some chances but also conceded to many chances.

The Roberts sub made us worse , honestly what was the point? And playing him on the wing? Wtf.

Wasn't to impressed with James, still have strong Costa 1 trick pony vibes.

Nice to see Summerville get a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

From what I saw (2nd half only) a draw seemed a fair result, two poor teams. Doesn’t auger well for the season though because I believe that Toon are definitely one of the 3 worst teams in the league, and will struggle along with Burnley and Norwich to stay up. Unfortunately, I would have to put us in that same bracket.

Possible penalty in the 1st half apparently, but we are never going to be given any help like that!

2 home games now, can’t see us beating West Ham but we really must beat Watford or the rot will really set in.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

apollo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm Tyler has been atrocious since he came to Leeds full stop. He really is a headless chicken
A headless chicken would cover more ground.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Perhaps the Leeds defence was told to not commit on Max.

Goodnight folks.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Thought it was a good open game against a team that finished just 3 places behind Leeds last season and in comfortable mid table.

Should stay up with ease.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm Dallas anonymous once again.
Agreed.

A real Dallas love in last 2 years but the guy was awful for the seasons before that.

He has reverted to type
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Overman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 pm A headless chicken would cover more ground.
And the opposition might trip over it, but then the chicken would get a 3 match ban :duno:
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

We had an ideal opportunity at one up in the first half with the Newcastle fans on their teams’ backs. Playing well and opening them up but we’re so poor in front of goal. If we don’t take a decent share of those chances when we’re on top then we are damned to draws where we should be picking up wins.

Roberts is so poor. I thought he might grow into an attacking option but it’s clear to most that he’s not related to a Premier League player. We lose so much now when he comes on and no opponent fears him.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Some nice touches from Summerville and best display we have seen from Firpo who looks to be working his way into our brand of football.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.