Championship 2021/22

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Sports Newsflash

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:22 pm Both the CCC and the T20 on hold at the final stage/s as we turn to the RL one day cup starting Thursday and the 100 starting Friday, the latter I have no interest in as I have no team to support
You'll be pleased mate.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I am, something to watch going forward
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sorry to interrupt the cricket forum, but very well done to Cav for an outstanding comeback display in the Tour de France. 🚴‍♂️🚵‍♂️
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One day cup starting today. Poor start for Yorks in the seasons second most important tournament and looks like Hants are going down though it's close. Plenty of overs for Essex to make the runs but we have them 7 down and we're into the bowlers. Advantage Essex
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Really enjoyed the first 'Cricket Hundred' match. Looking forward to this evening's game
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:11 pm Really enjoyed the first 'Cricket Hundred' match. Looking forward to this evening's game
How do you know who to support?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm How do you know who to support?
Well, anything with Manchester in its name is a no no

As I'm a Northern lass I'm going with Northern Superchargers (and their home games are to be played at Headingley )

Also, I just love watching our England players, Ben Stokes, Joe Root, etc. The only downside is that some of the players who are in the England squad to play India in August are being recalled to the squad after being allowed to play only 2 of the hundred matches.

It was a really exciting finish last night. It's worth giving it a go faaip, at least then you'll know whether it entertains you or not
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's on Sky I take it? So no chance and I'd never pay to see it
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:14 pm It's on Sky I take it? So no chance and I'd never pay to see it
Last nights and tonight's game are on the BBC and Sky. Some games will be on BBC i player with all games on SKY. I'll try and look up the TV schedule.
At the moment, Manchester need 93 runs from 59 balls with 4 wickets down. On BBC 2 now faaip
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

How many balls in an over one bowler has bowled 10 balls
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

10 balls per over. Can be bowled by the same bowler or after five balls the captain can change bowler depending on how well they're doing.i
I've found a couple of games for you on BBC 2 will post end of this match
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Is this the Brathwaite that battered Ben Stokes all around the park when he was death bowling?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BBC have rights to show 18 matches on BBC 2 including both Mens and Womens finals

Saturday 24th July - 2.30 PM BBC 2
Trent Rockets (Joe Roots team) v Southern Brave (Men)
Trent Bridge

Sunday 25th July - 2.30 PM BBC2
London Spirit v Oval invincibles (Men)
Lords
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I might watch the Southern Brave if Vince plays... think he's the only Hants player playing

Cheers for that
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:15 pm I might watch the Southern Brave if Vince plays... think he's the only Hants player playing

Cheers for that
You are more than welcome
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I'm speechless.. 🤔🤨

If this is cricket .. 🤬🤬🤬
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:11 pm Really enjoyed the first 'Cricket Hundred' match. Looking forward to this evening's game
It was just a slightly shorter T20 game. We are ruining the County and 50 over games for this nonsense - and Faaip is right who do you support ?. Joe is playing for Nottingham, Jonny B is playing for Cardiff, and I noticed that in last night's game Mahmood was playing for Surrey (or whatever stupid name they are being called) !! Add in shocking graphics and strange rules, and it's a big no from me.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:03 pm It was just a slightly shorter T20 game. We are ruining the County and 50 over games for this nonsense - and Faaip is right who do you support ?. Joe is playing for Nottingham, Jonny B is playing for Cardiff, and I noticed that in last night's game Mahmood was playing for Surrey (or whatever stupid name they are being called) !! Add in shocking graphics and strange rules, and it's a big no from me.
And it's a big yes from me :)

A bit of fun with a cricket bat and ball....what's wrong with that and watching ones fave players.

I for one love a test match, my fave format of the game. But I can also enjoy other formats when no test matches are available.

Each to their own though
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:03 pm It was just a slightly shorter T20 game. We are ruining the County and 50 over games for this nonsense - and Faaip is right who do you support ?. Joe is playing for Nottingham, Jonny B is playing for Cardiff, and I noticed that in last night's game Mahmood was playing for Surrey (or whatever stupid name they are being called) !! Add in shocking graphics and strange rules, and it's a big no from me.
I find it a bit wierd that it's going on alongside the RL one day cup, Hampshire could use their captain for the second most important trophy

The graphics are awful to be fair but not a deal killer
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:24 pm I find it a bit wierd that it's going on alongside the RL one day cup, Hampshire could use their captain for the second most important trophy

The graphics are awful to be fair but not a deal killer
Our RL 50 over game was ruined yesterday due to all the withdrawals for the 100. It was basically a Yorks 2nd XI plus Ballance. We were all out for 165 after 23 overs.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!