FA Letter

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

FA Letter

Post by mentalcase »

LUFC could be sent a letter by the FA after Angus Kinnear put this in his programme notes

"The Whites chief executive shared that the club no longer want to be officiated by opposition managers after Pascal Struijk lost his appeal.

That, of course, refers to Jurgen Klopp, but Hackett believes that it could question the integrity of the referee."

Why bother with a letter, just deduct the points now.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FA Letter

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:16 pm LUFC could be sent a letter by the FA after Angus Kinnear put this in his programme notes

"The Whites chief executive shared that the club no longer want to be officiated by opposition managers after Pascal Struijk lost his appeal.

That, of course, refers to Jurgen Klopp, but Hackett believes that it could question the integrity of the referee."

Why bother with a letter, just deduct the points now.
I did wonder if that would ruffle the feathers of the biased FA...so I'm not at at all surprised.

Perhaps Angus should point out that Clipperty Klopp received no punishment for invading the pitch.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:34 pm I did wonder if that would ruffle the feathers of the biased FA...so I'm not at at all surprised.

Perhaps Angus should point out that Clipperty Klopp received no punishment for invading the pitch.
I agree, but then we go down the road of being moaners, 2 wrongs don't make a right etc.
It's a difficult one but, I'm with you, we should point out that klopp got away with it, also no explanation from FA on the subject, just a red for poor Pascal.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:27 pm I agree, but then we go down the road of being moaners, 2 wrongs don't make a right etc.
It's a difficult one but, I'm with you, we should point out that klopp got away with it, also no explanation from FA on the subject, just a red for poor Pascal.
Part of the video defence when appealing the red was of Klopp haranguing the referee on the pitch. It was completely ignored. If the FA send a letter we should write back and tell them to publicly defend their decision and ask why Klopp's actions weren't mentioned when they attempted to justify an unjustifiable ban.

About time we publicly embarrassed them, well done Angus.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:09 pm Part of the video defence when appealing the red was of Klopp haranguing the referee on the pitch. It was completely ignored. If the FA send a letter we should write back and tell them to publicly defend their decision and ask why Klopp's actions weren't mentioned when they attempted to justify an unjustifiable ban.

About time we publicly embarrassed them, well done Angus.
Well said Dave :tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

"Following the panels decision we were left with no other recourse than to humbly request that opposing head coaches are not selected to officiate any of more of our games for the remainder of the season"

If the FA cant read that as tongue in cheek then I am sure Leeds lawyers can explain it to them
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:19 pm "Following the panels decision we were left with no other recourse than to humbly request that opposing head coaches are not selected to officiate any of more of our games for the remainder of the season"

If the FA cant read that as tongue in cheek then I am sure Leeds lawyers can explain it to them
:lol:
That'll be 15 points deducted.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:52 pm :lol:
That'll be 15 points deducted.
More likely a fine....if anything.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Instead of sending a letter of rebuke to Leeds United they should be sending a letter to explain why Klopp was not given a red card either at the time or retrospectively, and a 3 match ban for stepping out of his technical area, dashing on to the pitch and screaming threateningly in the referee’s face.

I can only assume that, when they are unhappy with a referee’s decision, all Managers/technical staff etc. will be allowed to do this regularly and with alacrity from now on.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:45 pm Instead of sending a letter of rebuke to Leeds United they should be sending a letter to explain why Klopp was not given a red card either at the time or retrospectively, and a 3 match ban for stepping out of his technical area, dashing on to the pitch and screaming threateningly in the referee’s face.

I can only assume that, when they are unhappy with a referee’s decision, all Managers/technical staff etc. will be allowed to do this regularly and with alacrity from now on.
It'll be interesting to see won't it?