Fury

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Fury

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Love or hate him the boy can box. Watched this mornings fight, off the canvas again against a mighty puncher, Fury schooled him skill wise.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Re: Fury

Post by Leeds1000 »

Set my alarm for 4.30am and was not disappointed what a fight. Again Wilder was not used to people standing upto his bully tactics, he was brave but ultimately it was just a matter of time before his head hit the canvas for the KO. Wilder wouldn't shake Fury's hand again at the end and i am waiting for the excuses. He is in denial. Beaten 3 times Wilder its time to admit it.
billysboots
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by billysboots »

Is he man to unite all the belts, become undisputed world champion?
Doesn’t look like Joshua can do it.
There Is Only One United.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

billysboots wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:24 am Is he man to unite all the belts, become undisputed world champion?
I think so Billy. I think AJ should step aside and let Fury fight Usyk. That's the only fight left for Tyson now then he can retire undefeated.
mentalcase
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mentalcase »

Top top man
Would love him to retire unbeaten but his ego may be his downfall in the end, let’s hope he beats whoever wins in AJ and Usyk fight , then retires.
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Usuk wouldn't have a hope. To small.., good boxer though.
mentalcase
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mentalcase »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:03 am Usuk wouldn't have a hope. To small.., good boxer though.
Yea, I meant he may just continue to box even when he’s beaten those two, all fighters have a cut off point, hope he realises that and retires unbeaten.
He’ll go down as one of the greatest.
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

mentalcase wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:47 am Yea, I meant he may just continue to box even when he’s beaten those two, all fighters have a cut off point, hope he realises that and retires unbeaten.
He’ll go down as one of the greatest.
I'd agree with that, rare such a big man is as skilful as Fury.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Great fight, and a brilliant trilogy of fights.

Tyson Fury is one of the all time greats, skilful, passionate and determined.

Credit to Wilder too, he gave it his all, just beaten by a better boxer. Wilder isn't a boxer, just a lethal puncher, just eating Fury's jab and doesn't know how to work inside.

I guess Fury will fight the winner of AJ v Usyk, and beat whoever that is.

There's always gonna be a new hungry guy coming along though.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Great boxer, great fighter , great entertainer. Hopefully he's shut Wilders trap once and for all .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I doubt he will but I would like to see Fury retire

He's nothing left to prove and is the best heavyweight of a generation

How he got off the canvas in the first fight was
Was truly amazing :shirtw:
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

liggy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 am I doubt he will but I would like to see Fury retire

He's nothing left to prove and is the best heavyweight of a generation

How he got off the canvas in the first fight was
Was truly amazing :shirtw:
It was Liggy. When he went down in the 4th for the second time i thought he may be finished but once he got to the bell and regrouped he never looked in danger again. Agree with other Wilder as never really had a proper fight just relied on his devastating power. King Kong Ortiz won every round until he sparked him in about round 7. Wilder should stick to breaking Mascots jaws on live tv. Not keen on the persona he puts out personally.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Not sure which knock down it was but I'm sure Fury gave a wink to someone when he was on the canvas. He knew he was getting up and would win from there.

Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:56 pm Not sure which knock down it was but I'm sure Fury gave a wink to someone when he was on the canvas. He knew he was getting up and would win from there.

Interesting take BG. I thought it was a wink of desperation. The second knockdown wasn't even a hard punch maybe he was regrouping. Wilders conditioning was poor, he looked out on his feet after 3/4 rounds. My guess is that after all the knockouts he's not one for knuckling down for the hard yards. i think he probably had a bit of the old adage... Its hard to get up at 5am and go running when you are wearing silk pajamas kind of attitude.

His conditioning was atrocious. Fury was rumored not to be in this best shape and was heavier but he was far the stronger in the later rounds.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

We'll probably never know about the wink 1000. There's no one out there to bother Fury, it'll take something special to stop him that's for sure even though he wasn't in good shape, the powerhouse Wilder couldn't do it and I doubt anyone else could right now.

Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

billysboots wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:24 am Is he man to unite all the belts, become undisputed world champion?
I think Joshua is just a modern Frank Bruno , good boxer but overhyped , good punch but when was his last knock out now ? Two losses , a win on points ......can't remember before that one . I do think he is a better boxer than Wilder but I think if those two meet , Wilder lands the big shot early .I also think Dillian White has progressed more since the two met. Fury by far the best if his generation , better than Lennox though ? Don't think so , Lennox did pretty much everything well . Now , the surprising thing , Usyk .........small for a heavyweight , but............he is around the same size that Ali and Foreman were in their prime , shows how big the heavyweights are now . Primo Farmers and Jess Willard in their time , both around 6ft 5 but in their days regarded as freaks , but seemingly a normal size now , how times have changed .
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:57 pm It was Liggy. When he went down in the 4th for the second time i thought he may be finished but once he got to the bell and regrouped he never looked in danger again. Agree with other Wilder as never really had a proper fight just relied on his devastating power. King Kong Ortiz won every round until he sparked him in about round 7. Wilder should stick to breaking Mascots jaws on live tv. Not keen on the persona he puts out personally.
I think Wilder gets his power from an unorthodox way of throwing a punch , it's a wild swing but also now it tends to get his hand broken if the fight goes on . May not have so much power if an orthodox punch but maybe a lesser chance of broken hand . His boxing skills for the level he is at aren't that good , however just watched an old Foreman fight from 1971 v Perez I think, not surprised Ali was confident when they met , again crude swinging punches .
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

Clacton White wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 pm I think Wilder gets his power from an unorthodox way of throwing a punch , it's a wild swing but also now it tends to get his hand broken if the fight goes on . May not have so much power if an orthodox punch but maybe a lesser chance of broken hand . His boxing skills for the level he is at aren't that good , however just watched an old Foreman fight from 1971 v Perez I think, not surprised Ali was confident when they met , again crude swinging punches .
Agreed about the Boxing skills, wilder doesn't really have any and Big George was a slugger. They both are big hitters tho and had phenomenal KO records. George was far more aggressive in his approach.
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 pm Agreed about the Boxing skills, wilder doesn't really have any and Big George was a slugger. They both are big hitters tho and had phenomenal KO records. George was far more aggressive in his approach.
I think with George Foreman , attitude was throwing these wild swings , quite often at the body , it's going to hit something and hurt something whereas Wilder is just headhunting , the power is due to the distance travelled but also why Wilder is getting hand injuries so much , they are just wild swings rather than controlled power shots ......but it worked for 40 odd fights . You can go back and argue Marciano was a crude slugger , Jack Dempsey the same , these people are crude but there is also an aura about them , as there was with Mike Tyson up until Buster Douglas , I still see a prime Tyson destroying any of the modern fighters , he would be too fast , too in their face , too vicious . With Wilder he would be inside hitting him with power, speed and aggression before Wilder even knew what was happening , Wilder would have no defence for Tyson( Mike ) .
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:49 pm I think with George Foreman , attitude was throwing these wild swings , quite often at the body , it's going to hit something and hurt something whereas Wilder is just headhunting , the power is due to the distance travelled but also why Wilder is getting hand injuries so much , they are just wild swings rather than controlled power shots ......but it worked for 40 odd fights . You can go back and argue Marciano was a crude slugger , Jack Dempsey the same , these people are crude but there is also an aura about them , as there was with Mike Tyson up until Buster Douglas , I still see a prime Tyson destroying any of the modern fighters , he would be too fast , too in their face , too vicious . With Wilder he would be inside hitting him with power, speed and aggression before Wilder even knew what was happening , Wilder would have no defence for Tyson( Mike ) .
I think you're right CW, Tyson would make mincemeat of all of them