The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th October) - Raphinha set to make full International debut

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th October) - Raphinha set to make full International debut

Post by Leeds1000 »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:34 am Something has to change or it will be many, many years before someone other than City, Manure, Liverpool or Chelski even come close to winning the Premier League.
Strange things have happened to me due to lockdown. I am now beginning to believe Leicester City won the PL by intelligent design :) because the amount of money spent by the clubs since that fluke tells me something like that will never happen again.

Is it just evolution? I know Forest were the first club to spend a million on one player and look at them now, where is there billionaire owner. God only knows what the future holds for Football but it does seem a shame that our only hope of progression is not decided on the pitch but in our ability to attract another Billionaire playboy to compete.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th October) - Raphinha set to make full International debut

Post by Leeds1000 »

Raph set to make full International debut:

Great for him that he has burst onto the International scene with a bang in arguably the greatest Football nation on Earth. Crap for us because i can't see him making Southampton away and that places a little bit of negativity in my mind regards the result.

Bielsa must address worrying statistic:

It is a concern that we are not very proficient at either end of the pitch at the moment, Watford wasn't a very good marker, hopefully Llorente will be around long enough to help out at one end. I would like to see us with a disciplined solid block of 4 like England do (2cb 2 dm) and let the rest run about like headless chickens. I think we would see a difference, although i am not sure who would sit in with Kalvin, possibly Koch when he returns or Pascal currently. This man is not for turning tho and i can't blame him with his experience.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

new.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:59 pm Strange things have happened to me due to lockdown. I am now beginning to believe Leicester City won the PL by intelligent design :) because the amount of money spent by the clubs since that fluke tells me something like that will never happen again.

Is it just evolution? I know Forest were the first club to spend a million on one player and look at them now, where is there billionaire owner. God only knows what the future holds for Football but it does seem a shame that our only hope of progression is not decided on the pitch but in our ability to attract another Billionaire playboy to compete.
It couldn't happen again. Debate on the radio would Arsenal threaten the top 4 in the next 5 years and they have money...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"