How much trouble are we in?/interesting Square Ball podcast

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: How much trouble are we in?

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:05 pm For me we need to start thinking of where our points are going to come from. After today i can't be sure... can you? On that specific performance we would be lucky to get anything against Norwich.
Lose at Norwich, we are well & truly doomed.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

A team and manager completely bereft of ideas. Nothing will change in January we all know the boards beliefs about the mid year transfer window and Bielsa wouldn’t play them anyway - we are going back to the black hole of the championship
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Liam Cooper just claimed

In the second half we played well, but conceded on counter attack.

Only half true Liam
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

YorkshireSquare wrote:
A Premier League team should not fall apart with 3 players missing.

The bench today showed our total lack of depth.
But our bench had gelhardt and Sommerville who everybody has been crying out for.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote: But our bench had gelhardt and Sommerville who everybody has been crying out for.

Because they're the only ones to call on and fully deserve their opportunity given their performances for the 23's. They should have been put in last season when we were on the up and dominant in games but Bielsa thought better of it and now we are looking to them to get us out of the s**t...once again it's piss poor management.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:20 pm Just goes to show we haven't got adequate back-up when big players are missing.
But Bielsa says we have .
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:52 pm Liam Cooper just claimed

Only half true Liam
Oh dear Liam, not from our fan's point of view, even the commentators were shocked how poor we were in comparison to last season's performances.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:08 pm But our bench had gelhardt and Sommerville who everybody has been crying out for.

Our bench has no quality experienced players, Joe & Jimmy have had little game time at PL level.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm Because they're the only ones to call on and fully deserve their opportunity given their performances for the 23's. They should have been put in last season when we were on the up and dominant in games but Bielsa thought better of it and now we are looking to them to get us out of the s**t...once again it's piss poor management.

Not easy for young players to show their potential without our best players in the team & other seniors totally out of form.

Unfair to expect anything from the kids today.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:52 pm Liam Cooper just claimed

Only half true Liam
If the players genuinely believe that ,we most certainly are up s**t creek. Said last season that some of the players being raved about weren't quite as good as was thought . I hope some improve, depth of squad no where near🤔
LeeBrook
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LeeBrook »

We're in big trouble. Our coach has taken us as far as he can and I fear he has now lost the plot. We need a coach with proven ability to sort out the mess we're in. Half of our squad just can't perform at this level and we need some organisation in defence. The midfield is too lightweight and our forwards ineffective - we need a proven coach ASAP. Phillips and Raphina will leave in the summer so our situation could be desperate.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So are we saying that something like a full squad available we would still be in this mess?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 pm So are we saying that something like a full squad available we would still be in this mess?
With our best XI we'd be fine, although we are nowhere near as sharp & fluent as last season.

Problem is we have an injury-prone squad lacking depth, with our midfield a massive concern & no back-up for Bamford.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:So are we saying that something like a full squad available we would still be in this mess?
Hyperthetical question really. Have we ever had a fully fit squad. Bit ironic given that Bielsa is a stickler for fitness.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm If the players genuinely believe that ,we most certainly are up s**t creek. Said last season that some of the players being raved about weren't quite as good as was thought . I hope some improve, depth of squad no where near🤔
Cooper is not the brightest bulb in the box.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just angry and frustrated, as the likes of myself, CJay, 64, White Riot could see this was happening and we needed to improve, but the club sat back and did nothing. Why is it fans could see what would happen but the club couldn't? We got arrogant thinking this team was good enough and we could sit back and live off that. We are hoping for 3 worse teams, but I can't see where the goals are coming from. The delusions of the board and management have put us in the position and all I can say is we better hope for 3 worse teams.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 pm Not easy for young players to show their potential without our best players in the team & other seniors totally out of form.

Unfair to expect anything from the kids today.
It's not their fault. They should've been given a chance last season, but no Roberts and Costa every week. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

This would be worse than 2004, because 2004 seemed inevitable as we were in financial trouble. This would come from arrogance and delusion, and it was completely avoidable.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 pm So are we saying that something like a full squad available we would still be in this mess?
Other than Raph, where are the goals coming from?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:00 pm A Premier League team should not fall apart with 3 players missing.

The bench today showed our total lack of depth.
3 players? Bamford, Firpo, Ayling, Koch, Philip's (5).....that's more than 3, its almost half a team