How much trouble are we in?/interesting Square Ball podcast

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

How much trouble are we in?/interesting Square Ball podcast

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I know we had key players missing today but that was a lacklustre performance devoid of creativity against a poor Southampton side. We’ve dropped down to 16th and could fall back into the bottom three if Newcastle get a result.

There are two many poor individual performances, a lack of ideas and a worrying lack of goals. We are a shadow of the side we’ve seen over the past three seasons. Most concerning of all, Bielsa seems out of ideas.

How much trouble are we in? Is this a blip or are we in serious danger of the drop?
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: How much trouble are we in?

Post by Scoobychief »

Southampton were s**t but we were f**king diabolical.. we are going down this year and losing Phillips and raphinha.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

None
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

:poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :poo:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

think we'll be ok as long as we get raph, KP and paddy back for most of the rest of the season - without them we can't control games or create anything
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:55 pmNone

Really?

I'm just not seeing much to give us any hope. We need three teams to be worse than us, Southampton were potentially one of them and we;ve just made them look good!

Watford, Burnley and Norwich potentially worse than us but we need points.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

danhirons wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm think we'll be ok as long as we get raph, KP and paddy back for most of the rest of the season - without them we can't control games or create anything

A Premier League team should not fall apart with 3 players missing.

The bench today showed our total lack of depth.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I think we're in trouble simply because Bielsa is stuck in his ways, pet projects like Harrison, James, Cooper & Boberts will cost him / us.
82 mins Boberts got and did f@ck all, Harrison got 90 and did f@ck all.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We are in a relegation battle make no mistake about that

This is a tired and worn out squad held together by 1 or 2 individuals.

The summer was make or break, build or stagnate, we chose the latter.

We probably will survive because players like Raph will make sure of it but a serious injury to Raph and we are in dire trouble.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm Really?

I'm just not seeing much to give us any hope. We need three teams to be worse than us, Southampton were potentially one of them and we;ve just made them look good!

None whatsoever at the moment.
Ask again in January…
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:00 pm A Premier League team should not fall apart with 3 players missing.

The bench today showed our total lack of depth.
I agree with the lack of depth - I don't know, I think a lot of teams would struggle with their three best players out but we are far far too reliant on these three, KP and Raph in particular
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

For me we need to start thinking of where our points are going to come from. After today i can't be sure... can you? On that specific performance we would be lucky to get anything against Norwich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

6 first teamers out, lack of understanding today of positioning.. Yet more new partnerships everywhere, Harrison rusty, Dallas rusty at LB, Shack had a poor day at the office, Klich's worst game in a Leeds shirt. and nothing bounced for us. Southampton clever with the game plan.

I'm not worried at all, we will go on a run at some point and get players back.. fans need to keep the faith..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

We're in a real relegation scrap make no mistake.
We lack any real depth in our squad and apart from Raph have little or no creativity.
It's a real concern for me ATM how weak our squad is and the players brought in this season have had little impact and the regulars from last season look a shadow of their former selves.
Without Raph I would say we were certs to go down.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Judging by that performance we are in heaps of trouble. Ok we have Phillips, Raphinha and Bamford to come back in which, hopefully will be enough to avoid relegation but I suspect we will be sailing very close to the wind all season long, it’s going to be an uncomfortable ride.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We all took umbrage with the second season stuff and how momentum can help and how second season is harder and how no fans made a difference.

Well the club and the boss rested on their laurels and took so much for granted.

Fans wouldn't change much

Sigings from last summer would get better

we would have better luck with injuries

The core of this group would not drop in performance.

At some point it has to become clear to everyone that the club got it badly wrong?

They were arrogant you could say and made far to many assumptions.

This squad needed an overhaul last summer, it was obvious.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

What bothers me most was that I was keeping an eye on some other games today..

Leicester
Villa/ Wolves
Rangers/Hearts
Forest / Blackpool

What every one of those games had was teams FIGHTING when they went a goal down. Late drama, emotion, energy, players trying to so anything rather than lose.

What we had from Leeds reminded me of some of the stuff we produced when we were in the Championship under Evans.
Atrocious, disinterested ineptitude.

I think we are in a very bad place.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

in serious trouble not only of relegation but realistically of losing phillips and raphinha and possibly meslier you coudnt blame them to want to earn better money elsewhere and play for better teams and the reason this will happen is because tight arse radz would spend on the quality we needed we needed 2 midfielders and a striker to push and better 9th position we finished in, instead it was a panic buy of 25m on yet another winger. so realistically now every team in the league will look at us the same way they look at norwich an easy team to get 3 points from and we are beginning to look that way, you cannot stand still in the premier league, we have have an average team full of championship players, today bielsa had to throw on useless Forshaw because that was the best of the senior players on the bench and replaced equally useless Roberts for Gelhard and yet another winger in summerville. you cant win games unless you control a midfield. and our midfield is none existent and that is going to be our downfall and i doubt very much in january that radz will spend say 30m on a player where we need it the most in midfield their is no way. prediction is were going down and radz will sell up, problem is who the hell are likely to buy us????
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We were watching the likes Watford, Burnley, Norwich & Newcastle today.

That wasn't a Bielsa team we have all come to love, we haven't been the same all season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm Judging by that performance we are in heaps of trouble. Ok we have Phillips, Raphinha and Bamford to come back in which, hopefully will be enough to avoid relegation but I suspect we will be sailing very close to the wind all season long, it’s going to be an uncomfortable ride.
Just goes to show we haven't got adequate back-up when big players are missing.