Positives & Negatives v Southampton (a). Please let me know if you find a positive?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Positives & Negatives v Southampton (a). Please let me know if you find a positive?

Post by 1964white »

Positives.....

Negatives.....
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Positives & Negatives v Southampton (a). Please let me know if you find a positive?

Post by Byebyegeegee »

+ we only lost 1-0
- we made a poor team look like world beaters
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Positives & Negatives v Southampton (a). Please let me know if you find a positive?

Post by DDB220 »

Negative - we were shite.

Positive - surely we cannot get worse
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Negative - no attempts on target in 95 minutes
Positive : NON
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Negatives. When we saw the line-up I knew we would lose
Positives. I was right ( as were most of us)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Positives..... Seeing the young lads come on.

Negatives..... The whole experience.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

+ that should be the worst we play until the end of the next transfer window
- we were second best in every outfield position especially as Meslier had f*** all to do all game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

plus - Roberts

minus - disjointed due to all the changes again ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm + that should be the worst we play until the end of the next transfer window
- we were second best in every outfield position especially as Meslier had f*** all to do all game.
I noticed that too, I do think Southampton are a top 12 team most of the time but like us they've had a tough start to the season. There's a lot of skill and great movement in that team and they'll be fine come the end of the season

We had trouble today bringing the ball out of defence and that's bread and butter to the way we play, Southampton very good and stopping progress with niggly fouls and our passing out of defence from Struijk, Dallas and Forshaw later was just nasty. Shack had a poor one down the right, constantly getting beat by the winger and limiting him getting forward and when he did there was a bad pass to Roberts which sent them away for their simple goal... Llorente caught napping a bit too

If you're not making those passes out of defence and Klich off target with most of his it seemed then the attack gets bogged down making life really hard for the likes of Roberts, Rodrigo and both the wingers.. Southampton broke up our rhythm very well.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:09 pm plus - Roberts

I really admire your loyalty faaip, but I also think it's blind loyalty and not wanting to slag our players off / not willing to admit how bad we are.
Roberts a positive !!!!!! Just shows how we either, watch a different game , or refuse to accept how poor they are.
I certainly hope your faith pays off.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

+ Hopefully, KP, Raphinha and Bamford will be back very soon
- An abysmal performance, just as bad as that Crawley debacle. Outplayed by a team that had no wins in seven and that had 24 points from 29 matches this calendar year
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Roberts is a conundrum - he has moments where he can do something classy. But they are so random that he cannot effect the game. He needs loaning out to find consistency. But we are so short of players he will not be given an opportunity. It just shows as CJAY consistently highlighted we have no depth and the younger players are not getting an opportunity to stake a claim as we continue to use players who are bereft of form and confidence. Dallas is a shadow of last season, Klich gets carried by Phillips most games and Rodrigo cannot play the Bamford role. He is a square peg in this side as his game does not suit the system MB employs.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:25 pm I really admire your loyalty faaip, but I also think it's blind loyalty and not wanting to slag our players off / not willing to admit how bad we are.
Roberts a positive !!!!!! Just shows how we either, watch a different game , or refuse to accept how poor they are.
I certainly hope your faith pays off.
got to agree Roberts a positive. My goodness then that said we dont need a new or 2 midfielders because Roberts will do. what a joke, someone surely will say Forshaw was quality too
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Shacks is not a RB either - his energy is needed in the middle.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Forshaw has not played at this level for two years. Training does not replicate match day intensity. He will get better but it underlines the issue when he is the first option off the bench.
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

Positives.

Shackleton. Best leeds player by far

Negatives.
The worst the first part.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:09 pm plus - Roberts

Oh dear.

Plus was allowing Geldhart to feature at last

Minus was the starting line up

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Positives : We didn't concede 6

Negatives : Rodrigo....just not Premier League standard...waste of a place.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I struggle to find any positives :(

Plenty of negatives all over the park......

It was like watching Norwich, Watford, Burnley & Newcastle, frustratingly boring & poor!
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Positives - none, to the point that even Gelhardt was given a run out ( the fact that it was only with 15 minutes to go drops into the category below).

Negatives - rampant everywhere, on field and off it, with the exception of Meslier’s distribution which held under pressure.