My love

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

My love

Post by mentalcase »

My love for Leeds United will never die, never, no matter what league we are in, no matter what state of affairs we are in financially.
I've been a United fan all my life, first went in 68 v Rangers, had a season ticket for 27 years, work dictated I missed a few games but family/friends prospered, well , at times they did, sometimes no-one wanted it (old second division).
Today was a bad day at t' office mind, and I mean a bad one, we've had plenty in t' past and will have plenty more in t' future, but, today imho could be a marking point of our future and where will aspire to be in t' future.
A poor southampton team out classed us in every department and were first to every second ball, yea we had a few out, so did they, we simply do not have the squad to compete in this league, we don't, we have an ageing team who are knackered, take the injury situation aside and look a little deeper , Dallas, Klich, Ayling need replacing, Rodrigo, Roberts , Cooper & Roberts are not up to premier league standard, thats not just my opinion, the stats will more than likely back me up.
We have class players like : Phillips, Meslier , Llorente & Raphina, who, in all probability , 2 out the 4 will be gone by the season end.
Firpo & Koch have to improve.
I do fully acknowledge the fact that we have a tremendous youth system, but, again, it's all down to blooding them in the correct manner, but, we have a tendency to go with under performing "pet projects" rather than giving youth a chance.
We also have Harrison continually not pulling his weight and James who we didn't really need, or did we !!
Thats a few of my concerns tonight and admittedly I've had a drink to try numb the shock of that awful display.
Is it 2nd season syndrome, is it too much for Bielsa, is it a step too far for AR , why does it take a frighteningly 3 men to agree on a transfer ????
Imagine we want Messi, 2 of the 3 agree, 1 dosen't so we miss out,
we want ronaldive, 2 of the 3 agree , 1 doesn't , we miss out,
we want Perriera , 2 agree, 1 ...... well, you get the picture,
Is it any wonder we have got to this state when the owner, the DoF and the coach cannot agree ??
I appreciate very very much what one directional Bielsa has done thus far, imo, a better coach than a manager, but, his stubbornness and blind loyalty to a team that got us this far will cost him, and the team dearly.
I'd love to keep the dream alive but I simply cannot see it continuing with the way the current regime is performing, I hope I'm massively wrong and we turn a corner, but I've seen this type of leadership in the past and it didn't end well.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: My love

Post by Cjay »

:clap:

Get it out old sport.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think it baffles most of us the fascination with wingers over creative midfielders. I agree with those who say without KP the midfield is none existent. That is a real concern. We have seen it time and time again, even CB's at times waltz thru our midfield like a Sunday stroll in the park. I have said in the past we are an attack minded team with attack minded players and when it goes badly, we look really really short in so many areas. Liverpool was a embarrassment in Midfield.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:40 pm My love for Leeds United will never die, never, no matter what league we are in, no matter what state of affairs we are in financially.
I've been a United fan all my life, first went in 68 v Rangers, had a season ticket for 27 years, work dictated I missed a few games but family/friends prospered, well , at times they did, sometimes no-one wanted it (old second division).
Today was a bad day at t' office mind, and I mean a bad one, we've had plenty in t' past and will have plenty more in t' future, but, today imho could be a marking point of our future and where will aspire to be in t' future.
A poor southampton team out classed us in every department and were first to every second ball, yea we had a few out, so did they, we simply do not have the squad to compete in this league, we don't, we have an ageing team who are knackered, take the injury situation aside and look a little deeper , Dallas, Klich, Ayling need replacing, Rodrigo, Roberts , Cooper & Roberts are not up to premier league standard, thats not just my opinion, the stats will more than likely back me up.
We have class players like : Phillips, Meslier , Llorente & Raphina, who, in all probability , 2 out the 4 will be gone by the season end.
Firpo & Koch have to improve.
I do fully acknowledge the fact that we have a tremendous youth system, but, again, it's all down to blooding them in the correct manner, but, we have a tendency to go with under performing "pet projects" rather than giving youth a chance.
We also have Harrison continually not pulling his weight and James who we didn't really need, or did we !!
Thats a few of my concerns tonight and admittedly I've had a drink to try numb the shock of that awful display.
Is it 2nd season syndrome, is it too much for Bielsa, is it a step too far for AR , why does it take a frighteningly 3 men to agree on a transfer ????
Imagine we want Messi, 2 of the 3 agree, 1 dosen't so we miss out,
we want ronaldive, 2 of the 3 agree , 1 doesn't , we miss out,
we want Perriera , 2 agree, 1 ...... well, you get the picture,
Is it any wonder we have got to this state when the owner, the DoF and the coach cannot agree ??
I appreciate very very much what one directional Bielsa has done thus far, imo, a better coach than a manager, but, his stubbornness and blind loyalty to a team that got us this far will cost him, and the team dearly.
I'd love to keep the dream alive but I simply cannot see it continuing with the way the current regime is performing, I hope I'm massively wrong and we turn a corner, but I've seen this type of leadership in the past and it didn't end well.
Well said MC :clap:

Completely agree mate, that was a sickening performance and your words from the heart echo my feelings.

We were poor all pre-season and have been in the first eight fixtures, so the clock's ticking to get this sorted out.

Not recruiting a CM since Saiz left was a huge mistake and has and will cost us dearly, that needs to be addressed pronto but it may well be too late.