Barkley

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Barkley

Post by mentalcase »

Apparently Ross Barkley is the next midfielder we are going for.
Bit injury prone like, so should fit in well.
Plenty premier league experience but, not for me, seems a bit on t' heavy side as well, would he fit into Bielsas style ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Barkley

Post by BGwhite »

mentalcase wrote:Apparently Ross Barkley is the next midfielder we are going for.
Plenty premier league experience but, not for me, seems a bit on t' heavy side as well, would he fit into Bielsas style ?
Well that's down to the 3 amigos to get round the table to decide over a game of rock paper scissors. Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Didn't we have him once?
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:26 am Didn't we have him once?
yes mate.... Colin wouldn't play him as he thought he wasn't good enough......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Step up on our current mids if he is fit and committed.

I doubt he is so I guess he’s a shoe in 🤪
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Good player but will Marcelo pick him?
There Is Only One United.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Whats wrong with giving Lewis Bate an opportunity ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Buying an overpaid hasbeen like Ross Barkley? I dont think so.

He will be very unfit compared to what Bielsa wants.

He would probably automatically become our top earner.

He would make no logical sense.

Bit like buying wingers whose primary need is space in a system that relies on overlaps and thus limits space out wide. Or buying attackers whose best position is second striker which we dont use.

Who would be stupid enough to do . . . . .oh wait.

Welcome Ross :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:26 am Didn't we have him once?
Stand out player on his debut at Oakwell, played four games for us on loan.

Warnock wouldn't play him as we had the dynamic duo Michael Brown & Michael Tonge in our midfield. :roll:

Everton recalled him back to ensure Warnock didn't wreck his career.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 am Who would be stupid enough to do . . . . .oh wait.

:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Loan with an option to buy, yes

Signing him permanently straight away, no, unless basically on a free
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Villa fans complained that he wasn't fit enough to get around the pitch, so I doubt that we would be interested on that basis alone. A skilful player without the work ethic. Much prefer we went for Donny Van Der Beek on loan, who isn't getting a look in at Scum. All action midfielder with quality.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm Villa fans complained that he wasn't fit enough to get around the pitch, so I doubt that we would be interested on that basis alone. A skilful player without the work ethic. Much prefer we went for Donny Van Der Beek on loan, who isn't getting a look in at Scum. All action midfielder with quality.
Last thing we need is another scum cast off , if he was good enough, he'd be in their squad.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:10 pm Last thing we need is another scum cast off , if he was good enough, he'd be in their squad.
Giles and Strachan were scum cast-offs. VDB is a very good player.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:37 pm Giles and Strachan were scum cast-offs. VDB is a very good player.
Agree with Giles & Strach,different gravy altogether.
James has much to prove, Sharpe was a cokehead cast off, what about the young useless left back a couple of seasons back.
VDB may be good, but, why isn't he in their team, his work rate aint up to bielsaball imho, plus what about his wages.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm Villa fans complained that he wasn't fit enough to get around the pitch, so I doubt that we would be interested on that basis alone. A skilful player without the work ethic. Much prefer we went for Donny Van Der Beek on loan, who isn't getting a look in at Scum. All action midfielder with quality.
Yeah, think Van De Beek would be interesting, not getting a look in with Pogba's profile and Fernandes' form. And his wages are not crazy by that clubs standards, saw 120k pw reported.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:46 pm Agree with Giles & Strach,different gravy altogether.
James has much to prove, Sharpe was a cokehead cast off, what about the young useless left back a couple of seasons back.
VDB may be good, but, why isn't he in their team, his work rate aint up to bielsaball imho, plus what about his wages.
The young useless left-back was Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and he was absolute :poo:

He might have shone in that team we put out against Southampton :lol:

Looks like we're finally getting round to bringing a CM in, Stevie Wonder could see this should've been addressed in the summer of 2020, not the January window in 2022, cos we're worried about getting relegated :roll:

We're now almost up to three years since .Samu Saiz jetted off to sunny Spain and still haven't bothered to sign a replacement for him :?

Unless you count Roberts or Rodrigo as an adequate replacement?

At LB we've got Firpo, and DCM Kalvin with no cover at all for them. Meantime we're drowning in CBs: Llorente, Cooper, Struijk, Koch, Cresswell and wingers: James, Raphinha, Harrison, McKinstry, Summerville, McGurk, Costa still on the books :duno:

You couldn't make it up :x

Where's the balance and depth in the squad?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 pm Apparently Ross Barkley is the next midfielder we are going for.
Not for me mate. He's a player that's well on the slide, and we've already got a few of them from what I've witnessed this season ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 am Whats wrong with giving Lewis Bate an opportunity ?
Well said mate, if he's fit he should start ahead of any one from four: Klich, Dallas, Roberts n Rodrigo. On current from he'd do more than all four of them put together, and I'm sure he'd play his heart out, which I didn't see from those guys on Saturday.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 am Buying an overpaid hasbeen like Ross Barkley? I dont think so.

He will be very unfit compared to what Bielsa wants.

He would probably automatically become our top earner.

He would make no logical sense.

Bit like buying wingers whose primary need is space in a system that relies on overlaps and thus limits space out wide. Or buying attackers whose best position is second striker which we dont use.

Who would be stupid enough to do . . . . .oh wait.

Sad but true Cjay :(

Costa, JKA, Rodrigo = A fair amount of cash spunked up the wall and we can maybe add a few other names to that list :duno: