Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - Deco speaks 14/10/21

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:47 pm When we finish top 9 again and have improved the squad come January, Rapha won't be wanting to go anywhere, exciting times ahead at ER.
That's the spirit mate :clap:

They can all keep their grubby paws off Raphinha 8-)
mentalcase

Raphas valuation

Post by mentalcase »

Apparently Raphina has been given 2 valuations today.
1/ €32 million
2/ £50 million
How do they get estimates soooooo far apart !!
Both should be totally laughable like, sell for less than £120 million and we've royally shafted ourselves.
Rapha has just tweeted "back to work" meaning he's ready to rumble , come on Rapha lad, get the team shaken up.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Raphas valuation

Post by danhirons »

Leeds' fans valuation: something astronomically high
Realistic valuation: probably somewhere around 50-70 million
Valuation if he continues to improve over the next year plus: 70 million plus

hasn't scored/assisted enough to be worth more...yet
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

£32M is about right.

Then if a club really wants him they usually pay three times over the odds.

Though of course in the end valuations are really what one is willing to pay.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Who has given him these valuations?

Ultimately they mean nothing, teams will pay what they are willing to pay!
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

£100mil player easy tell me he couldn't do the same numbers, grealish did at villa.

Shouldn't be letting him or Phillips go for anything less than £100 to £150 mil, that's what they would be worth in a top 6 team.

Coming from a Newcastle fan 👍.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

If he was at man City and was sold it would be 80 to 100m. I allways said someone will get him for a bargain price from us I estimate 50m. But that money would never get a replacement as good as he was.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well he cost us 20 so it's obvious that quality is available for that price..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

danhirons wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm Leeds' fans valuation: something astronomically high
Realistic valuation: probably somewhere around 50-70 million
Valuation if he continues to improve over the next year plus: 70 million plus

hasn't scored/assisted enough to be worth more...yet
Grealish played 185 games for villa scoring 29 goals during this period, 9years.

Raph has played 37 games scoring 9 goals, he's well on his way too smashing Grealish record 👍.

Very good player Raph rate him highly.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

We won't see the likes of Raphina again for a very long time at ER, he's outstanding, and I've seen the best in the last 50 years.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Bongo1874 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm Grealish played 185 games for villa scoring 29 goals during this period, 9years.

Raph has played 37 games scoring 9 goals, he's well on his way too smashing Grealish record 👍.

Very good player Raph rate him highly.
You're comparing stats from one season of raph in his prime compared with the whole of grealish's career including when he was a teenager coming into the side?

Grealish had better stats than raph last year despite playing fewer games. I'd also say he's more of a playmaker

Would say city overpaid for him anyway, plus he's English and English players always go for a premium
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Raph at this moment is a £80mil player easily.

In his first Prem season he was top 10 for chances created per game and chances created overall in the league and top 10 for assists. To put into context the sort of numbers he was managing, Bruno Fernandes surrounded by top class players was making a chance every 33 minutes, Raph was every 36minutes.

To further enforce Raph's stats.

Jack Grealish cost Man City £100million, in his Premier League career he has managed a goal or an assist every 212minutes. If you only take his 2 seasons for Villa since promotion, so similar to Rap[h now its 169 minutes.

Raphinha is every 163 minutes.

Playing for Man City surrounded by world class players this season Grealish has 1 goal and 1 assist in 588 Premier League minutes.

Raph has 3 goals in 586 playing with Tyler Roberts, Stuart Dallas and co.

Raph also last season was killing the pressing and sprinting stats, a fact that gets mentioned often, he isnt a flair player with no substance, the guy practically runs himself into the ground every game.

And of course Raph is the new golden boy of the most successful international footballing nation with 2 goals and 2 assists in only 144 minutes (Brazilian media have been running stories on Raph all week)

Grealish on the other hand has 1 goal and 5 assists in 946 minutes.

One is thriving under new pressure another not so much.

Lets no do raph down here and be lil old LUFC, 16 years in the wilderness lets just take what we can.

Raph is our golden boy, losing him will be really sad and ideally i dont want him to go, if he goes we must squeeze every penny out of him and for me Premier League clubs you add on another £10mil, so £80mil right now, if he continues the sort of form he has shown until the end of the season then he definitely is a £100mil player.

That being said as i said before imo the club should stay strong this summer, say to Raph "look we will give you a new deal, make you our highest earner, give us 1 more season, if you want to go next summer ( he will only be 26 then same age as Grealish now) then we will let you go"

The reason for that is because in December time next year the 2022 World Cup takes place, if Raph does well there for Brazil we wont be talking about is Raph a £100mil player, we will be talking about is he a £150mil player.

So for me Raph today is a £70-80mil player easily, on his current trajectory he will be a £100mil player next summer and potentially a £150mil on the summer after.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We won't get anywhere near Raphinha or Phillips true value should the worse occurs come the end of the season.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Another factor for both KP and Raph's valuation is whether we are still in the PL next season.
If we go down then we won't get anywhere these numbers in the summer as the club will be desperate to sell to reduce wages etc.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Sorry 64, didn't read you post before I posted- Great minds and all that though!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 pm Raph at this moment is a £80mil player easily.

In his first Prem season he was top 10 for chances created per game and chances created overall in the league and top 10 for assists. To put into context the sort of numbers he was managing, Bruno Fernandes surrounded by top class players was making a chance every 33 minutes, Raph was every 36minutes.

To further enforce Raph's stats.

Jack Grealish cost Man City £100million, in his Premier League career he has managed a goal or an assist every 212minutes. If you only take his 2 seasons for Villa since promotion, so similar to Rap[h now its 169 minutes.

Raphinha is every 163 minutes.

Playing for Man City surrounded by world class players this season Grealish has 1 goal and 1 assist in 588 Premier League minutes.

Raph has 3 goals in 586 playing with Tyler Roberts, Stuart Dallas and co.

Raph also last season was killing the pressing and sprinting stats, a fact that gets mentioned often, he isnt a flair player with no substance, the guy practically runs himself into the ground every game.

And of course Raph is the new golden boy of the most successful international footballing nation with 2 goals and 2 assists in only 144 minutes (Brazilian media have been running stories on Raph all week)

Grealish on the other hand has 1 goal and 5 assists in 946 minutes.

One is thriving under new pressure another not so much.

Lets no do raph down here and be lil old LUFC, 16 years in the wilderness lets just take what we can.

Raph is our golden boy, losing him will be really sad and ideally i dont want him to go, if he goes we must squeeze every penny out of him and for me Premier League clubs you add on another £10mil, so £80mil right now, if he continues the sort of form he has shown until the end of the season then he definitely is a £100mil player.

That being said as i said before imo the club should stay strong this summer, say to Raph "look we will give you a new deal, make you our highest earner, give us 1 more season, if you want to go next summer ( he will only be 26 then same age as Grealish now) then we will let you go"

The reason for that is because in December time next year the 2022 World Cup takes place, if Raph does well there for Brazil we wont be talking about is Raph a £100mil player, we will be talking about is he a £150mil player.

So for me Raph today is a £70-80mil player easily, on his current trajectory he will be a £100mil player next summer and potentially a £150mil on the summer after.
Well put CJ
What I would add to that is this :
We have no need to sell him, he's a United player till his contract ends, get him on another one NOW, I would imagine the famous 3 will be making the right noises "we want to build a team around you, we are going to add players with more quality" etc etc.
Then tie down Phillips & Meslier.
Raphina in a team like City or Chelsea or Liverpool with the players they already have would be awesome, that ought to be our ambition, speculate to accumulate , not ridsdale type either.
Lets see what the next few months bring, IF, we have to sell because he wants to join PSG, then lets play the hard stance like levy, nothing short of £120 million, lets be honest, we won't keep digging up gems like Rapha, plus he's worth that sort of money, and as you say, a good world cup will prove that.
It's a must we keep him this season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 am Sorry 64, didn't read you post before I posted- Great minds and all that though!
No problem Johnboy, sadly we agree.

We could lose £50m on the pair or even more :(
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:57 am No problem Johnboy, sadly we agree.

We could lose £50m on the pair or even more :(
The famous 3 will already know this, well, I presume they will !!!
Staying up is obviously a top priority, but, because of the reasons of selling vital players and losing considerably on them ,well, it don't bear thinking about, but it's what the famous 3 must do to ensure survival.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 am The famous 3 will already know this, well, I presume they will !!!
Staying up is obviously a top priority, but, because of the reasons of selling vital players and losing considerably on them ,well, it don't bear thinking about, but it's what the famous 3 must do to ensure survival.
Selling our best players is a recipe for disaster, we should be building a team around our main stars.

If we do have to sell Raphinha & Kalvin, how do we replace them, even if we remain in the PL?

Someone mentioned last week that Phillips would be more difficult to replace than Raphinha as there are not that many decent DM's around unless you are prepared to spend an absolute fortune.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:32 am Well put CJ
What I would add to that is this :
We have no need to sell him, he's a United player till his contract ends, get him on another one NOW, I would imagine the famous 3 will be making the right noises "we want to build a team around you, we are going to add players with more quality" etc etc.
Then tie down Phillips & Meslier.
Raphina in a team like City or Chelsea or Liverpool with the players they already have would be awesome, that ought to be our ambition, speculate to accumulate , not ridsdale type either.
Lets see what the next few months bring, IF, we have to sell because he wants to join PSG, then lets play the hard stance like levy, nothing short of £120 million, lets be honest, we won't keep digging up gems like Rapha, plus he's worth that sort of money, and as you say, a good world cup will prove that.
It's a must we keep him this season.
Ideally we keep Raph and build around him but we dont realistically have the owners to do that unfortunately (remember Radz publicly saying how he had an offer for LUFC that could make us the next PSG, Man City, weird how our fans dont seem to care about that).

After spending £150mil (poorly imo) i think unfortunately the writing is on the wall for Raph, i can already here the excuses from the 3 amigos now.

Just hope we get as much as possible, Leicester, Villa, they had extortionate valuations on players like Maguire and Grealish and didnt budge, that is what we must do.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom