The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st October) Roberts isn’t making a concerted impact

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st October) Roberts isn’t making a concerted impact

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm I think Newsome was signed in a double deal with Sheff Wed which included David Wetherall?

I don't think Roberts was even ok in the Championship, along with Forshaw. I just can't fathom how anyone would think Roberts n Forshaw are good enough to play as starters, or subs, in the Prem? Other than MB and Radz :lol:

I'm also sick of hearing this bollocks about Roberts n Rodrigo "There's a player in there" = Where? They're both doing a hell of a job of disguising their supposed amazing talents.

Roberts has 86 appearances and 8 goals, most of those in the Championship. So almost one goal per eleven matches, so does anyone think 4 goals per season for an attacking midfielder, or whatever he's mean't to be, is sufficient, worthy of a new contract?
There's a lot more anti Roberts or taking the piss out of Roberts posts than there are positive ones...probably ten time the amount Imagine how sick I am of those, most of them are pure bullshit too..

Listen quite happy to leave this forum if you don't want to hear anything positive about Roberts, just say the word.. .. Might need to change the forum name though because there's we're no longer Marching On Together
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st October) Roberts isn’t making a concerted impact

Post by BGwhite »

We are marching on together, just without the help of Roberts ,Forshaw and 1 or 2 others that are completely useless. It's time to bin them off , they will never be championship standard never mind PL. Roberts has had best part of 4 years and has proved what exactly ? Forshaw has been unfortunate with a horrible injury but that doesn't disguise the fact that he will be carried in most teams in League 1 never mind the championship or the PL.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Re: running hard

I am reminded of the time when I first started out as an apprentice waiter in a very high end restaurant. After a few weeks my captain came to me and said it looked as though I was running in wet cement; I was working very hard, but nothing was getting done. He then sat me down and gave me instruction on how to be a more productive member of our little society.

Hopefully, Bielsa will do for our side what my captain did for me.

Phillips being out again on Saturday is very worrisome. As indispensable to our side as any single player is to any side in the EPL.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 pm There's a lot more anti Roberts or taking the piss out of Roberts posts than there are positive ones...probably ten time the amount Imagine how sick I am of those, most of them are pure bullshit too..

Listen quite happy to leave this forum if you don't want to hear anything positive about Roberts, just say the word.. .. Might need to change the forum name though because there's we're no longer Marching On Together
Let's not go there, faaip; you're one of the great contributors to this site. Consistently interesting opinions backed up by fact.

And I happen to agree with you re: Roberts. There IS a player in there. We've seen flashes of brilliance. It just needs to be brought out more consistently.

And given the nature of our position in the league and our finances, I think to expect that we could do better than Roberts for our bench is a bit unrealistic. When we make it to European football we can start thinking about signing outstanding players for our bench. As it is, what excellent player is going to come to Leeds to back up KP, for instance? At Citeh or Liverpool those players can still get significant playing time (and significant money, too). We don't have that luxury.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 pm There's a lot more anti Roberts or taking the piss out of Roberts posts than there are positive ones...probably ten time the amount Imagine how sick I am of those, most of them are pure bullshit too..

No need for leaving a site because we don't all agree on the same thing is there ??
Roberts is pure garbage, only my opinion like, it's also backed up by himself and his stats, forshaw and rodrigo are also on a knife edge as far as i'm concerned, thing is, I, nor you, nor anyone else picks the team, apparently Bielsa does, but apparently it also takes 3 to buy a player, and while they can't agree on that little matter it means hopeless players like the above will get further chances, dragging us further into the mire.
I cannot for the life in me see "a player in there" just cannot, not at this level , and lets be honest, he did nothing in the championship either.
Why you are sick of anti roberts posts ? are you his father ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

NO! I'M HIS FATHER ! And I think he's crap
Allez le Blancs
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteinfrance wrote:NO! I'M HIS FATHER ! And I think he's crap
So can you have a word and tell him to 'get the hell outta there' Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

No, I would absolutely not want you, or anyone else, to leave this forum. You're entitled to your opinion and everyone is. The forum a better place due to your input.

The sign of a healthy organisation/forum is that people are able to express differing opinions.

What I was trying to say is that I can find repetitive statements just as tedious as others find other repetitive statements, I don't need to repeat them again :)

Guess I'm highly frustrated with our start to the season, especially that Southampton showing. Poor performances and results will always generate negativity, criticism and disagreement.

Apologies for any upset caused by my posts, I can't speak for others, but whether I agree or disagree with your posts I will always appreciate your contribution.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

At the end of the day, this is a place for people to express their opinions and at times some comments can be quite brutal.
As long as they don't become personal attacks I don't have a problem with it even when people don't agree with my opinions.
If someone gets upset by other people's opinions be it regarding Leeds, COVID, politics or whatever, then this probably isn't the place to be.
We've already lost some good contributors in the last few months, let's not lose anyone else.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
LeeBrook
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LeeBrook »

We haven't a snowflake in hell's chance of beating Wolves. I just wonder how much longer the management will tolerate Bielsa or if they're willing to let him take us back down.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:How about practising our shooting or how to defend efficiently in training as opposed to running our ar*es off?
Last season we were so proud that we could run everybody off the pitch. Now the very same trait that we took pride in is being despised and counted as worthless as though we were running around like headless chickens.

This seems to be an ongoing trait that the things that were worthy in the past are now being despised, and Bielsa seems to be the main focus and the brunt of the attack. The man who has been our savior is now being crucified. (alright that analogy is a bit too much but you catch my drift)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:36 am Last season we were so proud that we could run everybody off the pitch. Now the very same trait that we took pride in is being despised and counted as worthless as though we were running around like headless chickens.

This seems to be an ongoing trait that the things that were worthy in the past are now being despised, and Bielsa seems to be the main focus and the brunt of the attack. The man who has been our savior is now being crucified. (alright that analogy is a bit too much but you catch my drift)

We are down on every stat.

Shots per game, chances created, expected goals, chances conceded, goal conceded.

We are having our worst start to a season in decades (we had more points the season we were relegated)

No manager will get praise after that and neither should they.

If a manager chooses to change nothing and a team keeps losing then of course people will criticise, tiz to be expected.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:36 am Last season we were so proud that we could run everybody off the pitch. Now the very same trait that we took pride in is being despised and counted as worthless as though we were running around like headless chickens.

You are obviously turning a blind eye if you haven't noticed our lack of creativity, shooting & defensive woes this season. Even more concerning, we are not playing well with the same zip, pace & flair of previous Bielsa seasons.

I'm expecting an improved performance today, even though we are a few men down!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 am We are down on every stat.

Shots per game, chances created, expected goals, chances conceded, goal conceded.

We are having our worst start to a season in decades (we had more points the season we were relegated)

No manager will get praise after that and neither should they.

If a manager chooses to change nothing and a team keeps losing then of course people will criticise, tiz to be expected.
Worst start to season since 1935 -36, says it all to me.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"