Should Adam Forshaw be hailed as a hero?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Should Adam Forshaw be hailed as a hero?

Post by Mountain »

It's now 2 years since he was injured, and it's fair to assume he could have taken a large insurance payout and be sitting back now on beer and pizza for life.

Instead he has spent 2 years hard work going through surgery, rehab, getting hopes again and again from medical experts and being frustrated by a lengthening list of breakdowns and further injuries.

Should we not be praising the lengths to which he is going to play in a Leeds shirt? Who here would go through 2 years of surgery, rehab and daily physio and workouts alone for little financial reward.
mentalcase
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Should Adam Forshaw be hailed as a hero?

Post by mentalcase »

I think the word "hero" is a bit too far, ok, he stayed and keeps trying, is that because the football club are still paying him and no-one else would touch him whilst injured ?
Forshaw needs to start repaying the faith the club has placed in him, if not, get shot and off the wage bill, we need another winger.
Keep Fighting
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 pm I think the word "hero" is a bit too far, ok, he stayed and keeps trying, is that because the football club are still paying him and no-one else would touch him whilst injured ?
Forshaw needs to start repaying the faith the club has placed in him, if not, get shot and off the wage bill, we need another winger.
He gets paid anyway. He's not paid by appearance. Clubs can't "get shot' of players who get injured, least of all players who get injured while playing for the club. I'd say Margaret Thatcher would find the "Injured at work? Don't let the door hit you on the way out" idea a bit too capitalist and uncaring!!
mentalcase
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by mentalcase »

Well he still aint no hero for me mountain, if he don't prove himself sharpish, get shot when his contract is up.
:duno: What about false representation as a footballer, if so could get shot of roberts as well :tup:
Keep Fighting
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 pm Well he still aint no hero for me mountain, if he don't prove himself sharpish, get shot when his contract is up.
:duno: What about false representation as a footballer, if so could get shot of roberts as well :tup:
Well as Bielsa once hailed him as the best player at the club, the case wouldn't go far. Plus you'd suspect the witnesses for the prosecution would involve many who used to be in the Bamford Out Roberts In camp, if you search against some of Roberts biggest critics here you'd be surprised at their opinions in the past...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"Little financial reward".

He gets paid £10,000s a week.

Credit to him for his work and effort but to not do it is probably a breach of contract and he was being very handsomely paid, wasn't doing it for love.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

And why not....? Forshaw is a Leeds player and had he not been so regularly injured.
He has the determination , class ,drive and quality to prove to many that he is still here .
Oh how we should never forget the likes of David Batty when he was our little general combatant.
Well if my memory serves me right he couldn't score in a ...well you know what?
I do say we all have 5 min ,memories to at least back the player that is Adam Forshaw and I will always do so .And another thing we witnessed many ,many other so called Nig time Charlie's at this club,Adam deserves our support and that's no exaggeration. Hero I dunno , but tough as they come & good luck to follow him this season.
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

No, he’s just a footballer who had a bad injury and has had to go through what he needed to go through in order to get fit enough to do his job again. All the while being paid a very good wage (I don’t know what he gets paid but I suspect it won’t be less than £10000/week) and getting the very best treatment money can buy at the expense of Leeds United.

All in all I bet Leeds United have spent a couple of million over the 2 years, in which time Forshaw has contributed nothing to the football team. Decent chap I’m sure but blimey, let’s get a bit of perspective.
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 pm "Little financial reward".

He gets paid £10,000s a week.

Credit to him for his work and effort but to not do it is probably a breach of contract and he was being very handsomely paid, wasn't doing it for love.
He doesn't get paid one extra penny for fighting hard for years to return. Not one. He'd have to be paid on his contract anyway. What footballers ever breached contract by cashing in on a career threatening injury. In fact, of all clubs LUFC should know you can't sack a player for just sitting down and shrugging his shoulders, yet Forshaw gets far more abuse here then JKA who did just that.
Overman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Overman »

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:21 pm It's now 2 years since he was injured, and it's fair to assume he could have taken a large insurance payout and be sitting back now on beer and pizza for life.

Instead he has spent 2 years hard work going through surgery, rehab, getting hopes again and again from medical experts and being frustrated by a lengthening list of breakdowns and further injuries.

Should we not be praising the lengths to which he is going to play in a Leeds shirt? Who here would go through 2 years of surgery, rehab and daily physio and workouts alone for little financial reward.
Are you for real?

If so, I'll be hitting my pots and pans tomorrow evening in support of Forshaw.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:47 pm He doesn't get paid one extra penny for fighting hard for years to return. Not one. He'd have to be paid on his contract anyway. What footballers ever breached contract by cashing in on a career threatening injury. In fact, of all clubs LUFC should know you can't sack a player for just sitting down and shrugging his shoulders, yet Forshaw gets far more abuse here then JKA who did just that.
Why should he be called a hero for being professional? A bit of praise maybe but a hero? Not for me.

At the end of the day he is a young man who has wealth the majority of people can only dream of and gets paid to do a career that many people would do for free.

Yes he got injured and worked hard to get fit (as many players before him have) but that is the bare minimum he should be, professional.

Working hard to get fit again is imo just being professional and i dont think players should get tons of credit for that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pm A bit of praise maybe...
Well can we agree that the constant sneering and joking from posters like Overman and a few others every time a player who has spent 2 years fighting injury is mentioned is unwarranted.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

While he's a Leeds player I want him to do well for us whenever he steps on to a pitch.
He's had unbelievable bad luck with injuries but my honest opinion is that he was never a PL standard player before his injuries so its highly unlikely he is now after over 2 years on the treatment table.
But whatever part he plays for us this season I hope he proves me wrong.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Scoobychief
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Scoobychief »

If forshaw is all we've got to put round pegs into square holes. We're in serious trouble
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hero no.

But an example in fortitude yes.

Hero begins when he single handedly and knowing Forshaw probably one leggedly throws a blanket over Traroe tomorrow.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Overman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Overman »

Mountain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:32 am Well can we agree that the constant sneering and joking from posters like Overman and a few others every time a player who has spent 2 years fighting injury is mentioned is unwarranted.
Speak for youself rather than the 'we'. Heros for me are those folk struggling to make a living for their families to put food on the table. It's certainly not someone who gets paid 10 grand a week for kicking a ball around when he's actually fit.
Orange Box
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve met one or two real life heroes in my lifetime. None of them played football for a living.
I reserve the right to be wrong
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Very tidy
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

INTERVIEW
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

A very sound, neat and tidy, safety first display from Adan Forshaw on Sunday, absolutely delighted for him that he played well enough after all this time out to give Bielsa (and us fans) confidence that he can be another reliable option for our squad.

Still won’t be hailed as a hero in my book though for a long time yet.