The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 26th October) - Jack Harrison’s poor form down to rib injury

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 26th October) - Jack Harrison’s poor form down to rib injury

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 26th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Harrison playing with rib injury

The reason behind Jack Harrison's recent poor form may have been uncovered, after it was disclosed that the 24 year old has been playing whilst carrying a rib injury. Whilst it's not a serious ailment, bruised ribs will cause swelling around the upper chest area making it more difficult to absorb oxygen. It is also very painful.

This goes a long way to explain his performances of late. Last season, he was one of the stand-out players; whilst this term, his 6.25 average squad rating, places him in 17th place. According to Phil Hay...

Harrison has had a rib injury recently. Very little been made of it and I don’t know how much of a factor it is but he is struggling for form.

Raphinha, Cooper and Shaks top performance chart

Whilst Leeds lack of form this season has been well documented, little has been said to recognise the players who are playing well. It's little surprise that Brazilian wizard Raphinha tops the rankings, but few would have guessed that he was closely followed by Cooper and Shackleton? The Leeds skipper is one of the few to have a solid start to the season, and although prone to making the odd mistake has silenced the critics in recent games! Meslier and Rodrigo make up the top five!

Norwich is a must win game

Phil Hay believes that Rodrigo's late equalizer against Wolves may have taken a bit of pressure off Bielsa's team, but insists that Saturday's forthcoming clash at Carrow Road is a must win game for the Whites

I don’t think yesterday (the Wolves game) solves everything, not even close, but it was a statement in the way the players and the crowd stuck with it under pressure. It changes the complexion of Norwich away, even though it’s a game Leeds have to win. Results like yesterday’s can do a lot for a squad’s mindset - and that’s part of the battle at the moment. Pleased for Bielsa too because he’d obviously had a tough week after Southampton.

Attachments
form.jpg
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 26th October)

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

I hope Jackie's ribs get better soon and he's back to playing like he was last season because we need him and others firing on all cylinders but also a couple more poor games and the crowd will start getting on his back and that doesn't help anyone.

I'm not surprised to see Coops and Shack up there but its some of the other stats that I'm more concerned about the lack of goals, Bambi been our top for assists and he hasn't played since 97 :)

Norwich is 100% a must win there's no other way of looking at it, I'd even settle for us playing like Wolves as long as we win, we need those points more than they do as they are relegated already
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 26th October) - Jack Harrison’s poor form down to rib injury

Post by Chilli D »

Who would have thought the Norwich game would be so huge.
They'll be looking to make amends for their hiding at Chelsea but if Raph and Kalvin are both available I'm confident we will win.
A defeat will be embarrassing.

If Harrison is struggling with a rib injury why keep playing him? Aside from Raph, we have James and Summerville to play the wide positions.
I admire his willingness to play through the pain but he's not doing himself or us any favours.
As Rat says, a couple more poor performances and the crowd will get on his back.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
VinnysTattoo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 26th October) - Jack Harrison’s poor form down to rib injury

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Same here, why is he playing with an injury? It’s not as if we are weak in that area.

Harrison on form is dynamite. When he’s not he is anonymous.

Can’t see Norwich playing as bad as they did against Chelski and it’s their opportunity to get some confidence back. Real nervous about this game. It could be a season changer even this early in the campaign.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 am Who would have thought the Norwich game would be so huge.
They'll be looking to make amends for their hiding at Chelsea but if Raph and Kalvin are both available I'm confident we will win.
A defeat will be embarrassing.

If Harrison is struggling with a rib injury why keep playing him? Aside from Raph, we have James and Summerville to play the wide positions.
I admire his willingness to play through the pain but he's not doing himself or us any favours.
As Rat says, a couple more poor performances and the crowd will get on his back.
Bruised ribs are extremely painful which begs the question of why is Jack playing :?

Phillips who is probably 90% fit is bench, why is Kalvin on the bench is not ready?

If we don't beat Norwich, the fact is we'll deserve to be in a relegation dogfight.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Another set of meaningless stats, I see Rodrigo is high on the aggression table for 2 yellows one of which was for a viscous assault on a corner flag. Struijk's red we all know was b/s..

Good to see, if these stats are to be believed, that Rodrigo has had as good a season as Meslier, looks like we all got that one wrong
Best 11, everyone fit - Meslier - Ayling - Dallas - Koch - Struijk - Phillips - Forshaw - Raphinha - James - Roberts - Gelhardt
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Harrison

Ive hurt my ribs before so know how extremely painful that can be and how hard to breathe depending on what he did.

That being said he shouldn't be playing, why was he playing? MB has a really strange attitude to injuries. He refused to play KP because he wasnt match fit and yet he plays injured players, Bamford and Klich have both said they have played when injured, now Harrison, and he has praised players before for their "character" for playing when injured.

Its really weird management imo, really contradictory.

No surprise to see Raph the only player averaging above a 7, goes to show maybe we take him for granted? Hence why he isnt top of our motm board?

Oh its only Raph being Raph sort of thing.

The fact nobody else is above a 7 (which is considered the good performer score on whoscored.com) and KP is nowhere to be seen shows that players are under performing.

I said the other day i felt KP hadnt had a good season (definitely shouldn't be top 2 of motm poll) and that shows it.

Norwich is must win absolutely, for all the euphoria of the late draw vs Wolves we are averaging below the points per game needed to avoid relegation so cant get to euphoric.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by mentalcase »

Harison ijured but plays him, sommerville & James play same position ?? Don't get it myself, maybe it's only a recent injury as MB wont normally risk a player with an injury and they're just masking his injury over his shite perfomances.
I agree with faaip, meaningless stats.
If we even draw at Norwich there's something seriously seriously wrong, they are'nt minus 260 goals already for a reason.
Keep Fighting
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The only stat there worth looking at is the goals scored and that is a worrying one. We’ve only scored 7 goals out of 9 games in the premier league so far and have only scored more than 1 goal in just 1 game (2-2 v Everton). I realise Bamford has been out for while now which doesn’t help but we need more from James, Rodrigo, Harrison and of course Roberts.

In order to keep the positivity and confidence going on the back of getting a last gasp draw against against Wolves (which felt like a win), we really must beat Norwich. A win tonight would be nice too but that could be a bit of lottery depending what teams are put out for us and them.
mentalcase
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by mentalcase »

The only player looks remotely like scoring is Joff, he terrorises defences and aint afraid to shoot, the rest push it about to much and seem afraid to pull the trigger, then when they do it's massively wayward, Joe must get at least 45 mins against Norwich.
Keep Fighting
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

An injury hit squad playing away at Norwich just 10 games into a season is not a must win game at all.

It's as if we're determined to be panicked and enjoy the drama.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:01 pm An injury hit squad playing away at Norwich just 10 games into a season is not a must win game at all.

It is in context

After Norwich we have.

Leicester
Spurs
Brighton
Palace
Brentford
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Villa.

And that takes us up to 2022.

On current form we would be lucky to win 1 of 10, at best potentially a few draws with the lessar teams, Villa, Palace, Brighton.

And then it becomes 10-15 points at the half way point of the season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:11 pm After Norwich we have.

Leicester
Spurs
Brighton
Palace
Brentford
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Villa.
If players return to fitness I don't think Leeds have to fear Brighton, Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Brentford or Villa.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:01 pm An injury hit squad playing away at Norwich just 10 games into a season is not a must win game at all.

Absolutely correct of course, but the world ends if we lose for most Leeds fans
Best 11, everyone fit - Meslier - Ayling - Dallas - Koch - Struijk - Phillips - Forshaw - Raphinha - James - Roberts - Gelhardt
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:28 pm If players return to fitness I don't think Leeds have to fear Brighton, Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Brentford or Villa.
Absolutely none of those are comfortable games. Brighton and sour are 5th/6th in the table, arsenal haven't lost in 7, Palace have been difficult to beat all season, villa depend which team turns up for them as they're either great or awful at the minute, and Brentford have had a more than respectable start to life in the prem.

I mean so far we've drawn to burnley and Newcastle, and lost to saints who are probably the easier teams to face along with Norwich. That's what makes the Norwich game a must win as we have to pick up enough points against the weaker teams.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

I'm in the 3 points at Norwich is vital camp. We don't know when we will have a fully fit squad available again. Watfords win at Everton put the cat back amongst the pigeons as i thought they were really poor against us. We need to keep grinding out points but we need to beat the whipping boys and take 6 points from them.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

So 7 points from 10 games would be okay?
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Said last week, mustn't lose to wolves , must win against Norwich, draws aren't much good against the teams around us if we're looking to get clear .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Oh and the fact we would only be 2 points off bottom if we lose.
Mountain
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mountain »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 pm So 7 points from 10 games would be okay?
No, but it's not a binary choice between "okay" and "panic panic".

It's away at Norwich, for me a draw is fine. Now, the home game v Norwich is at the end of March, and given the time of year, the possible positions, and it being at ER, that could be a must win game.
Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:16 pm Watfords win at Everton put the cat back amongst the pigeons as i thought they were really poor against us.
They were, it really showed that all the Evertons, Villas, Leeds, Watfords...in fact almost all the teams can take points against any others side at any time. Which is why I would never look at a list with Villa, Brighton and Palace and think we'd be lucky to pick up a few draws.