Points dropped.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Points dropped.

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:09 pm Very true our record isn't good vs them but minus Raya and Toney and being the home.side and having read their forum it felt like a great opportunity to make in back to back wins.

They aren't whipping boys as you say but home form is vital and you need to beat the teams around you at home.
Yeah, did think the absence of Toney gave us the upper hand.

I still think we'll get at least 1 surprise result in the next 4, maybe 2. Think Bamford scoring was really important, more than some other player. We all know he likes his streaks and going a couple of games without a goal could feed into a bad one.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamford 2021/21

5 Appearances
2 Goals
2 Assists

We've missed Paddy big-time
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

All credit to Ayling for his flick on, also to Meslier for not taking any s**t from that defender.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

15 points now vs a team who didnt really need to do much because we gave them 3 goals.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:01 pm 15 points now vs a team who didnt really need to do much because we gave them 3 goals.
I would say though that the main difference in why we lost from winning positions is that we are playing better opposition. The turnaround I think started last year when we lost to Chelsea 3-1 after going 1-0 up. When we scored first today my feeling at the time was that we'd got our consolation goal in.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

We sure don't know how to kill a game, but lets be honest the ref was always going to give them something, after James stayed on for that red card challenge, I knew we would get nothing
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think today I don't think there was a problem in trying to close the game out - at 2-2 - it was just a silly tackle rather than us being torn open.

I also think it is harder for us to hold onto a lad becasue we aren't really a team set up defensively so to try to go defensive after we lead isn't particularly a natural way for us to play. We're not for example a Burnley that has a gameplan of trying to be solid defensively all game and try to nick a goal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:22 pm I think today I don't think there was a problem in trying to close the game out - at 2-2 - it was just a silly tackle rather than us being torn open.

I also think it is harder for us to hold onto a lad becasue we aren't really a team set up defensively so to try to go defensive after we lead isn't particularly a natural way for us to play. We're not for example a Burnley that has a gameplan of trying to be solid defensively all game and try to nick a goal.
That may be the case however i also suspect an element of tiredness may be creeping in also (how many times this season have we faded 2nd half).

Maybe not physically but mentally?

Whatever the reason for it we need to fix it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:06 pm That may be the case however i also suspect an element of tiredness may be creeping in also (how many times this season have we faded 2nd half).

Maybe not physically but mentally?

Whatever the reason for it we need to fix it.
I think earlier on in the season we faded a bit second half. I think we got pre-season a bit wrong or maybe Bielsa felt we peaked too soon in previous seasons or the players needed more of a rest after playing 2 seasons straight almost. Last couple of games it definitely hasn't been the case and today we were the stronger at the end and the mistake was by Klich who had come on as a sub so shouldn't have been tired either physically or mentally (personally I felt he had a poor game seemed to be trying too hard).

I don't have concerns over us losing leads to the better teams, they have the players to cause damage and like I have said as a team we aren't really geared up to be defensive. The problem has been the games against poorer teams when we haven't been able to finish them off when we were in control, Watford and Spurs spring to mind. Hopefully Bamford isn't out long and we also get the likes of Roberts, Gelhardt, James, Harrison and Dallas chipping in again.