Brighton 0-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Raphinha, Rodrigo and Firpo Start

Post by WhiteRose »

Bad performances in the next couple of home games and the boos might start, could put the pressure on Bielsa and radz. Still if this new covid variant kicks off we could be back to behind closed doors which could suit us - every cloud.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm But it wasn’t mate, so why react as if it was? We’ve been on the end of a few injustices so we should be celebrating getting away with one.
Agree Dave, but, we made them look very good, dosen't Bielsa and his backroom staff do their homework, Lapperty is one of the quickest on the wing and we didn't do anything out the norm to stop him, instead we used Firpo who was out the game after 5 minutes because of Harrison, from then on Bielsa, apparently one of the best coaches in the world did nothing to change things for 35 minutes.
Time to earn his corn or it will be a sad demise for him.
Imagine being the hero of Leeds and then months later, being too stubborn to change and then getting sacked for it .
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:57 pm Struijk improved the midfield when he came n at DM today.
Pascal shouldn't have been on the bench in the first place.

Joe must also be scratching his head after last week's impressive full debut at Spurs.

Some players can play poor game after game & still retain their place, both Pascal & Joe had earned a starting place for today's game.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:28 pm Agree Dave, but, we made them look very good, dosen't Bielsa and his backroom staff do their homework, Lapperty is one of the quickest on the wing and we didn't do anything out the norm to stop him, instead we used Firpo who was out the game after 5 minutes because of Harrison, from then on Bielsa, apparently one of the best coaches in the world did nothing to change things for 35 minutes.
Time to earn his corn or it will be a sad demise for him.
Imagine being the hero of Leeds and then months later, being too stubborn to change and then getting sacked for it .
MC, we had nobody who could have matched Lamptey for pace except James.

Cucurella stymied Rapha, but created himself- first time I’ve seen it.

Who would you bring in to replace Bielsa? Too easy to condemn, but who is the solution?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

mentalcase wrote:Bielsa hasn't got long with performances like that, if we'd have lost it would be much worse, the next 2 games will be his saviour.
Harrison yet again in the starting 11, waste of a player, he got Firpo booked inside 5 minutes, ultimately rendering him useless (not that he's proved any other like)
James as CF !!!!!! Joe Gelhardt on bench !!!!! WTF Bielsa !!!
Looks like he's getting used to the idea of keeping forshaw as our new signing, maybe even KP going in January, f@ck knows whats going on.
Pretty much sums it up. Can't keep expecting players to perform miracles. Another few weeks of this and I doubt we'll survive. Regardless of the next 3 games we'll ship a load of goals in the following few games and then reality will set in and confidence will be shot. Unless there's fresh faces in January they can start planning for the Championship.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:06 pm At the end of the day we are all, to a lesser or greater extent, supporters of LUFC, but I don't believe that anyone of us watching that performance today could be other than very worried about what league position we will finish in. I have supported Leeds since 1962, but that performance ranks in the top 5 for ineptitude. I watched it with some non Leeds supporter mates and it was embarrassing. Even Raphinha looked subdued today.....something has gone wrong....let's hope it can be sorted !!
You've supported Leeds a year longer than me 60's.

We've seen the writing on the wall previously with three relegations in the past when it felt like the wheels has come off :(
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm Pascal shouldn't have been on the bench in the first place.

Joe must also be scratching his head after last week's impressive full debut at Spurs.

Some players can play poor game after game & still retain their place, both Pascal & Joe had earned a starting place for today's game.
I can’t argue with this Leon, but it will be the same on Tuesday. Either we trust Marcelo or we don’t.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 pm You've supported Leeds a year longer than me 60's.

We've seen the writing on the wall previously with three relegations in the past when it felt like the wheels has come off :(
Is this what you think now Leon?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm But it wasn’t mate, so why react as if it was? We’ve been on the end of a few injustices so we should be celebrating getting away with one.
Believe me Davy, I'm relieved & happy with a point.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 pm MC, we had nobody who could have matched Lamptey for pace except James.

Cucurella stymied Rapha, but created himself- first time I’ve seen it.

Who would you bring in to replace Bielsa? Too easy to condemn, but who is the solution?
Exactly my point pal, James ought to have been deep left wing covering at all times for Firpo, Harrison on the bench and Gelhardt starting, Bielsa is irritating more folk with every game.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:50 pm Exactly my point pal, James ought to have been deep left wing covering at all times for Firpo, Harrison on the bench and Gelhardt starting, Bielsa is irritating more folk with every game.
So who replaces him and when?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:44 pm Is this what you think now Leon?
For the first time since we were promoted to the PL I'm unconvinced we are safe this season whereas last season I never considered relegation was on the cards, our performances are very concerning.

What's happened to our :

Pressing game.
Pass & move game.
Scoring goals on the break.
Entertaining the TV audiences.

I'm now living in hope that things will improve.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Bit soon in my opinion but if we're still down there after New Year MB will speak to Radz about leaving as I think that's the type he is. If Paddy, Ayling, Koch and whoever else comes in can't make the difference then what's the point in Bielsa staying .

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa's words prior today's game

"Of course it worries me the position we occupy in the table"

So it's not just our fans who are concerned.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 pm So who replaces him and when?
Fantastic question Dave, the man has done amazing things since he arrived, also some unfathomable, it may be a case of the board are getting as frustrated as the fans, don't forget , this is a results business, and a money making game, if we get relegated he'll get the sack anyway.
It's only Bielsa' methods that have held us back, the players don't seem to understand what is meant of them, in positions they aren't used to, yet he continues to baffle.
We all know it's " Bielsa' way or the highway" We are all, at the moment, well, most of us anyway, still buying in to the Bielsa way, but, for how long will that continue ?
If he walks on his own accord I would think he's a twat for not finishing what he started, but, he seems hell bent on pushing the self destruct button himself for some reason.
When he goes, whenever that is, who would I replace him with !!! At this stage I haven't took stock to think that far ahead, honestly because I'm hoping ( above all hope now ) that he will see the bigger picture, at the moment he continues with his methods of getting us out of the mess we're in but we are sinking deeper in the quick sand.
Today, so many players looked clueless, so many wayward passes, so many mistakes, and not one leader among them all, Raphina looked so pissed off, that don't look good.
Lets hope the next 2 games are significantly better for all concerned, and I am concerned, I've seen the relegations since the late 70's, thought we were too good to go down, the players body language etc, and it looks like I've been here beofre.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Let's face it, December might well decide our fate anyway . I don't think we have the goals in this team to keep us up. We can forget about earning points against the top half of the league imo but more importantly can we beat those around us. Right now I'd say no to that one as well. Every game will be tough but those 4 games in December against City & co. could just signal the beginning of the end .

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 pm Yes we were very poor at Southampton. (Raphinha, Phillips or Forshaw didn't play in that game)

What did we do to cheer about until the last 15 minutes today, Finn?
We didn’t play well first half. Second half I thought we coped with them fairly well.
The formation change and subs made us more solid and Lamptey was negated as a result.
There were numerous occasions when coming out of defence (playing some intricate stuff) we then gave the ball away when under no pressure so Brighton had us pinned back - had we not done this we would have created quite a few chances ourselves.

How many times have we deserved more from a game but ended up losing? Spurs last week springs to mind.
I didn’t expect anything more than a draw at best, so I’ll take it.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Finnatic wrote: We didn’t play well first half. Second half I thought we coped with them fairly well.
The formation change and subs made us more solid and Lamptey was negated as a result.
There were numerous occasions when coming out of defence (playing some intricate stuff) we then gave the ball away when under no pressure so Brighton had us pinned back - had we not done this we would have created quite a few chances ourselves.

How many times have we deserved more from a game but ended up losing? Spurs last week springs to mind.
Yes Fin but we all new Lamptey would be a handful before the game kicked off so why does it take a complete half for Bielsa to realise that's he's a bloody fast and dangerous player ? It's like Bielsa uses the first half to evaluate and then acts on it. Last week he had KP on Kane in the first half but then changed it and it went tits up. I'm sure he's losing it cos many of his decision are infathomable. Brighton doubled up on Rapha from the start and it nullified him . Potter knew that to stop Leeds just stop Rapha and it works basically.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:16 pm We didn’t play well first half. Second half I thought we coped with them fairly well.
West Ham at ER & possibly Newcastle away too.
1964white

Re: Brighton 0-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

So which match is destined to be last game on MOTD tonight

Brighton v Leeds or Norwich v Wolves?